Red line/ring on tyre wall??

CME-LFT

Hi guys, tried searching this but could not find. How do you get that red wall/ring on the tyres, do u buy them like that or someone comes and paints them and where can i get it done in sydney.

I like rice :D

http://www.hotfrog.com.au/Companies/Mr-Whitewalls

Mr Whitewalls does it in QLD, no idea about quality, service etc, just remember the adds. I have a feeling its a franchise too so check around your area.

And I THINK a very light layer is shaved off around the tyre, then painted over? Correct me if Im wrong.

small pic here but like this?

post-4042-1219137451_thumb.jpg

yeh there not that expensive but they fade quite quickly and they wont stay on properly if you are a person that puts tyreshine on ur tyres quite often.

What they do is shave around 1 or 2mm off ur tire and paint it.

$ 150...........wtf.......i thought maybe $20-30 MAX a tyre, for that price ill go buy a half decent spair.lol. but thanks anyway guys.........or then again, might try doing it myself, i need new rubber soon enough anyway.

Shop around...

There is Red Van and there is someone else that charges $80 for all four... His name is Albert and he is highly rated as I am told...

As far as I know, he's usually painting walls out at Doran Pro Audio, so you could possibly call them to find out his details...

why not get a set of rims with the red lip? (i think kaze has some on his car) so that way you don't have to get tyres painted every time you get new tyres.. and it won't fade or crack..

but $150 does sound abit much... thats like a new tyre for your spare every time you get it done...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got Brian from Redvan to come out and do mine this afternoon. www.redvan.com.au 0408 254 574

He is a top bloke, very friendly and has been doing it since 1988 fulltime. He has a very good

reputation and he comes to your house and does em for only $30 per tyre.

I can remember when he use to do my dads cars when I was only 8yrs old lol

I just got a sinlge white line but he does all colours and any thickness you want

Image028-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
im getting mine done next week so if any bris people want theres done let me know cos its way cheaper with 2 cars

Rowan, can't wait for you to do it, if everything is sweet then perhaps i can just buy normal wheels and not look specifically for black wheels with red lips.. keep me posted after you have done yours.. thanks mate..