Wheel choices

apg39

Which wheels????  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've narrowed my new wheel selection down to 4....they will most likely be in 18 or 19" depending on which ones I go with & the price/availability. I've made the photoshops as close to the sizes as I can...the A8's should be a little smaller but I cant be bothered fixing.

Fox R5 (previously had on my Forester & love these wheels).

foxr5aurion.jpg

Audi A8 replicas.

a8aurion.jpg

AMG replicas.

amgaurion.jpg

Standard 5 spoke black with polished lip.

5spokeblackaurion.jpg

Dpendin on the theme... They can be sporty, elegant, etc..

All look sick.. I like the 4th personally and would suit best if ur car has darker colour... Not Im saying it'll look bad on ur car, It's just IMO suits better to darker colour..

If i were u.. I cant decide which either..:P Oh yea.. Have each of em to each wheels..:P

Jk jk. Go for the 4th one... Never saw that 1 b4 in any Aurion

I've narrowed my new wheel selection down to 4....they will most likely be in 18 or 19" depending on which ones I go with & the price/availability. I've made the photoshops as close to the sizes as I can...the A8's should be a little smaller but I cant be bothered fixing.

Exactly what vf-x said depending on what look you are going for. I went for a 5 spoke rim and i was happy. I think the black 5 spoke one would really enhance all the black on the car if you got some really dark tint. Personally i dont like the Audi ones, even though they will look bigger - as the more surface area a rim has - the bigger the rim looks. But i reckon a bit of dish in a wheel looks awesome from the side.

Mate i know where you are comming from, it took me ages to pick my wheels. Picking a set of wheels is adding your own personal touch to a vehicle. Ive seen some awesome rims on cars, but on the other hand ive also seen some shockers where you think to yourself - what the hell was that dude thinking.

Mate if you want to see some of the sickest wheel designs ive ever seen, go to the gallery in this website link, Forgiato wheels are awesome, id love some, but unfortunately they are about 8K a set. If you have the cash, tempe tyres can get them. Pay particular attention to the mercedes benz's, some of the wheels there are unbelieveable.

http://www.forgiato.com/gallery/gall.htm

Good luck mate.

I attahed a pic of my rims to give you a idea wat 5 grey spoke rim with dish looks like on a grey aurion.

Edited by BONDIE

Yeah, I figured. At that height it appears that there is no clearance to turn the wheels. The body kit it has on it seems to be lower than normal, so even at ride height, it would still sit fairly low to the ground.

Air Suspension FTW...

That looks hot, but only @ low..

Doubt it will be THAT hot when it moves...

But the lip looks good...

The grill also looks like a change of pace here :idea:

Edited by VF-X

Is 20x 8.5" too big for an Aurion??

Scrub?

Dude i wouldnt bother with 18"s- i reckon they look to small. The right 19's look good. And 20's are also sweet. Mate there are heaps of guys on this forum running on 20's. With the right tyre it wont scrub. Mine scrubbed at first but now ive changed my tyre size (and is still load rated), there is not even a hint of a scrub.

If you car is lowered 245/30/20, if it isnt the run 245/35/20 and all will be good.

Scrub?

Dude i wouldnt bother with 18"s- i reckon they look to small. The right 19's look good. And 20's are also sweet. Mate there are heaps of guys on this forum running on 20's. With the right tyre it wont scrub. Mine scrubbed at first but now ive changed my tyre size (and is still load rated), there is not even a hint of a scrub.

If you car is lowered 245/30/20, if it isnt the run 245/35/20 and all will be good.

Schweet.

Im more inclined to go 20" but its the price tag that buggered me, got a good plan worked out now though so it wont be too unaffordable.

Edited by apg39

Scrub?

Schweet.

Im more inclined to go 20" but its the price tag that buggered me, got a good plan worked out now though so it wont be too unaffordable.

Mate if your on a budget definately shop around, try stay away from, jax beaurepairs etc etc (no offense to anyone who works for them), all the mainstream franchise companys, they are way to over priced. The more indvidual companys will do you a good deal. Ive been through 6 brand new cars in the last financial year, and ive brought all new rims for all of them 20's, 22's and 24 inches. You need to shop around to get the best deal, you could save your self 1k compared to mainstream business prices. It is definately worth it.

I put koya's on my car. When i shopped around, i found that they were all buying them from koya itself for the same price but the rim shops selling prices were drastically different. And it was the mainstream business that had the over priced figures.

Comared to one company i saved $800. Thats ridiculas when thinking someone else that has paid that extra $800 could have spent it on more mods, and that overprice was with lower quality tyres.........crazy.

good luck bud, hope all goes well.

Edited by BONDIE

Scrub?

Schweet.

20" is the best way, althou Aurion can fit 22s and stamped Illegal...lol

Try China's made, It's been getting better on Quality or I'll be glad to help u around with them.. Got a friend who's doing Wheels.

• 2 weeks later...

A new wheel has been thrown into the mix - old faithful B.boss Eleanors...but these are from the Black series apparently. I think the seller has just coated then in 2k gloss black.

Photoshop.

blackeleanors.jpg

A new wheel has been thrown into the mix - old faithful B.boss Eleanors...but these are from the Black series apparently. I think the seller has just coated then in 2k gloss black.

Photoshop.

blackeleanors.jpg

Still go the first one apg39... But i personally don't like black rims :P

foxr5aurion.jpg

Audi A8 replicas.

a8aurion.jpg

AMG replicas.

amgaurion.jpg

Hi Mate,

I just got some wheels & lowered my ZR6. Got 19" LENSO TYPE-M and lowered 2" all round.

It was hard but i spent a week looking and these caught my eye and i knew that was the 1.

Here are some pics 4 u.

Rick.

5spokeblackaurion.jpg

foxr5aurion.jpg

Audi A8 replicas.

a8aurion.jpg

AMG replicas.

amgaurion.jpg

Hi Mate,

I just got some wheels & lowered my ZR6. Got 19" LENSO TYPE-M and lowered 2" all round.

It was hard but i spent a week looking and these caught my eye and i knew that was the 1.

Here are some pics 4 u.

Rick.

5spokeblackaurion.jpg

Very Nice Rick, good job buddy. Did the rims come with that red pin stripe, or is that part of your tyre. Looks sweet.

Edited by BONDIE