got ZORST!!!

ELEGNT

thursday??? my first post about a date said this:
well, i've booked my car in on saturday 13th september @ pipewerx to get two varex mufflers installed...

don't push me, otherwise NO SOUP, I MEAN, VIDEO FOR YOU!!! COME BACK 1 YEAR!! :P hehehe

jks...

i actually dont know if i've got a camera that records sound as well... i'll have to borrow my sister's one just in case mine doesnt do it... :D

LoL...Why did i come up with Thursday when u said it Saturday...

Ah well, my bad... :lol: Worth takin the shot. :P

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

turns out my sister's lost the charger for her camera... :lol:

so unless someone can bring a camera to a brisbane meet, there wont be a video of it...

i can take some awesome shots with my DSLR... and then i can make "brum brum" sounds over the top of it as a slideshow? HAHAHAHAHA

turns out my sister's lost the charger for her camera... :lol:

so unless someone can bring a camera to a brisbane meet, there wont be a video of it...

i can take some awesome shots with my DSLR... and then i can make "brum brum" sounds over the top of it as a slideshow? HAHAHAHAHA

I'll do video for ya when you come out on the Thursday night if you want... ;)

Well while on the topics of exhaust (and while waiting for my wax to dry), I thought I'll post on my cosmetic change to my rear end. It may only be cosmetic, but I'm bored right now and feel like posting.

Anyways, I figured that I probably won't end up changing the exhaust on my Aurion since if I did, I would need a Varex system for the ability to go 'stealth' and I am too pov right now on my student budget to factor in an exhaust. I'm quite satisfied right now with the extra noise from the intake and don't mind the quietness of my exhaust. So if I was going to leave the muffler as is, I though I may as well swap the tips because the stock ones really p*** me off every time I look at them and see the pipe inside.

As well, both my muffler tips weren't sitting in the centre of their cut out, and my right side muffler was actually pushed in a little (first picture attached to display the general idea). The guys down at the muffler shop reckon it was pushed in by reversing into something (rental car... what can you do) so to fix it, they cut out the bent section, restored the muffler to its correct spot and weld some new pipe in. So yeah, that's my excitement of the day. Nothing much, but I feel better now that things look more even.

Before:

dsc02276wh8.th.jpg dsc02703xb0.th.jpg

After:

dsc02713wp9.th.jpg dsc02830lw2.th.jpg dsc02835zb5.th.jpg

well, i went to the exhaust shop and they put the car up on the hoist and we had a look.. there was no way in hell that the varex was gonna fit under there with the rear bumper still on... :( :angry:

so i just put two normal sports mufllers on it...

sounds okay... i think i'm just not used to a loud car anymore... but its okay, i'll get used to it again... :)

on idle its as quiet as a stock car... :)

Well while on the topics of exhaust (and while waiting for my wax to dry), I thought I'll post on my cosmetic change to my rear end. It may only be cosmetic, but I'm bored right now and feel like posting.

Anyways, I figured that I probably won't end up changing the exhaust on my Aurion since if I did, I would need a Varex system for the ability to go 'stealth' and I am too pov right now on my student budget to factor in an exhaust. I'm quite satisfied right now with the extra noise from the intake and don't mind the quietness of my exhaust. So if I was going to leave the muffler as is, I though I may as well swap the tips because the stock ones really p*** me off every time I look at them and see the pipe inside.

As well, both my muffler tips weren't sitting in the centre of their cut out, and my right side muffler was actually pushed in a little (first picture attached to display the general idea). The guys down at the muffler shop reckon it was pushed in by reversing into something (rental car... what can you do) so to fix it, they cut out the bent section, restored the muffler to its correct spot and weld some new pipe in. So yeah, that's my excitement of the day. Nothing much, but I feel better now that things look more even.

Before:

dsc02276wh8.th.jpg dsc02703xb0.th.jpg

After:

dsc02713wp9.th.jpg dsc02830lw2.th.jpg dsc02835zb5.th.jpg

I was actually checkin them out on friday night when you had ur car parked at indro. I thought that was quick last week he didnt have exhasuts lol...look sweet by the way!! :D

well, i went to the exhaust shop and they put the car up on the hoist and we had a look.. there was no way in hell that the varex was gonna fit under there with the rear bumper still on... :( :angry:

sounds okay... i think i'm just not used to a loud car anymore... but its okay, i'll get used to it again... :)

What sort of Exhuasts did u end up putting on? were they the same as mine? oval SuperCats?

What sort of Exhuasts did u end up putting on? were they the same as mine? oval SuperCats?

not sure of the brand to be honest... i didnt really pay any attention to it...

the more i think about it and the more i drive the car, the more i'm not happy with the result...

i have to rethink it, because right now all that i've acheived is a louder noise (dont get me wrong, i love the sound of it!)... i'm gonna have to have a proper chat with some different exhaust shops and come up with a full system... :(

i dont believe that replacing those mufflers has made it any more 'powerful', i think its just all noise...

Nothing wrong with a bit of extra noise :D

Quick Q for DJKOR - Obviously these new tips arent the same as stock - small pipe inside shiny big pipe. Has it made any sound difference? Im thinking this might be the way to go for now cos I dont have the Moolah for mufflers etc. But I want more noise.

Quick Q for DJKOR - Obviously these new tips arent the same as stock - small pipe inside shiny big pipe. Has it made any sound difference? Im thinking this might be the way to go for now cos I dont have the Moolah for mufflers etc. But I want more noise.

It's all mind games. I swear that when I higher RPM the sound from the exhaust is more of a lower frequency but with no change in volume. The mind is quite easy at being tricked, so this would more than likely be the explanation. All it is, is just a 2 inch to a 3.5 inch tip. Glad I no longer have a 2 inch pipe sticking through the middle.