08 COROLLA LEVIN ZR....""FOR SALE""

juvenile

I am considering tanabe's as for $1500, it's only $300 more than TRD springs and shocks. But saying that, King Lows may be sufficient? I am just afraid down the road if I want to slightly adjust the height (like you John), I will not be able to. Hmmmmm :unsure:

Peter.

I am considering tanabe's as for $1500, it's only $300 more than TRD springs and shocks. But saying that, King Lows may be sufficient? I am just afraid down the road if I want to slightly adjust the height (like you John), I will not be able to. Hmmmmm :unsure:

Peter.

Yeah Peter my head is still spinning,cant decide what i want to do :wacko:

If i could get Tanabe for BC price i'd get them now..

My latest purchase is this, Modellista spoiler pre-painted but not fitted yet and may not get fitted either..I'll try get a pic of it trial fitted.

As for price,lets just say i could've bought coilovers :whistling:

post-9535-1254532009_thumb.jpg

post-9535-1254532025_thumb.jpg

Peter.

My latest purchase is this, Modellista spoiler pre-painted but not fitted yet and may not get fitted either..I'll try get a pic of it trial fitted.

that looks friggin nice, now i want that front lip =[

Peter.

that looks friggin nice, now i want that front lip =[

fahhh.. that lip is so tough! probli rather that then the TRD front lip.. more subtle. :)

Peter.

I think I'll just get the TRD springs and shocks. Saw Vinh and the other boys the other night. Even though it says it's only a 25mm drop, it actually looks lower. It roughly looks like your height, and for some reason at the back, it looks lower than Thomas' drop at his back. So I'm considering TRD springs and shocks, then some 17/18's work emotion 11r's in black/bronze. Don't know to go 17 or 18's :lol: John, I think the other boys could've bought coilovers by now too! Haha

fahhh.. that lip is so tough! probli rather that then the TRD front lip.. more subtle. :)

Agreed.

thats hot as.... what put for the parking stoppers :)

Gab what are parking stoppers? also saw you car at Reading today,your rear is so low..

Dwee: no prob,Vinh's ZR does look low your right,plus he runs 225 tyres but still lower than what TRD states..

A little story about that Modellista spoiler.

"The spoiler that almost wasn't"

I picked it up from freight place while working so lucky because the box was 1.8m long and a struggle to get into my car,so had it the trailer of my truck allday then bumped into another driver and told me he was going back to work so he took it for me and i'd get it when i finished work.. Got back to work and no box,no one knew where it was, i went to the workshop and they said no box for you here,by now iam spewing thinking where the **** did he leave it, he had gone home...Went out to look again and heard"is that it?" the box was in the dumpster,cleaner saw it in the office picked it up and thought just an empty box cos so light,had my name on it and still sealed but he didnt even check it the mother******.. Couldnt believe it and lucky for me, and him i beat the garbos by half an hour..How lucky...I could've killed someone that night :angry:

thats hot as.... what put for the parking stoppers :)

Gab what are parking stoppers? also saw you car at Reading today,your rear is so low..

Dwee: no prob,Vinh's ZR does look low your right,plus he runs 225 tyres but still lower than what TRD states..

A little story about that Modellista spoiler.

"The spoiler that almost wasn't"

I picked it up from freight place while working so lucky because the box was 1.8m long and a struggle to get into my car,so had it the trailer of my truck allday then bumped into another driver and told me he was going back to work so he took it for me and i'd get it when i finished work.. Got back to work and no box,no one knew where it was, i went to the workshop and they said no box for you here,by now iam spewing thinking where the **** did he leave it, he had gone home...Went out to look again and heard"is that it?" the box was in the dumpster,cleaner saw it in the office picked it up and thought just an empty box cos so light,had my name on it and still sealed but he didnt even check it the mother******.. Couldnt believe it and lucky for me, and him i beat the garbos by half an hour..How lucky...I could've killed someone that night :angry:

Hence why he is a cleaner John ;) ...anyway i'm glad you found it,how long before it goes on my favorite little rolla?

Hence why he is a cleaner John ;) ...anyway i'm glad you found it,how long before it goes on my favorite little rolla?

HAHA good one Lee, cleaner? should be the Eraser :lol:

Hopefully i'll trial fit soon for photos then see if it stays... could be my coilover money or if i like it then may sell TTE lip. MAYBE i said :P

May sell aye ? haha.

The lip looks top notch john! By the way... how did your TRD Push-start installation go ?

Thanks Kevin, its not in yet too scared to remove the plastics from centre console,i'll get Toyota to do it next service which is due soon

they're the concrete blokes at the top of a parking bay.. like at the shops

my rear is low i like it decked but scrapes everywhere.. rears are just over 3inches lower got the spring recompressed

so....... is the lip on? :)

Peter.

I think I'll just get the TRD springs and shocks. Saw Vinh and the other boys the other night. Even though it says it's only a 25mm drop, it actually looks lower. It roughly looks like your height, and for some reason at the back, it looks lower than Thomas' drop at his back. So I'm considering TRD springs and shocks, then some 17/18's work emotion 11r's in black/bronze. Don't know to go 17 or 18's :lol: John, I think the other boys could've bought coilovers by now too! Haha

Agreed.

yes peter is right, vinhs is lower than mine for some reason. i wanna lower mine another 10mm in the rear.

john close call! its a sign u must get that lip on pronto!! it'll look sweet. does it have same mounting points as tte one?

they're the concrete blokes at the top of a parking bay.. like at the shops

my rear is low i like it decked but scrapes everywhere.. rears are just over 3inches lower got the spring recompressed

so....... is the lip on? :)

:lol: no not on yet Gab, I always reverse into parking spots fot that reason...

Tom,pretty similar mounting points also screws in behind edge of the bumper and double sided tape across the top.

Hopefully a trial fit this weekend to see how much lower than TTE lip,i think its about an inch lower :o

John, that's lucky as!! As for lowering, it seems I'm back to the drawing table to decide.. :( Found out TRD springs and shocks will roughly cost the same as Tanabe coilovers..and not sure what to do (again).

• 3 weeks later...
John, that's lucky as!! As for lowering, it seems I'm back to the drawing table to decide.. :( Found out TRD springs and shocks will roughly cost the same as Tanabe coilovers..and not sure what to do (again).

same here Peter, i might just go get custom springs and change shocks when due...

Bit of an update on wheels and new spoiler ..

Wheels are Rota 17 x 7.5 +40 and weigh 7.5kg

Rare in 17" cos they are called S10 where as Honda people know them as Rota GT3 and are only advertised in 15" & 16" ..

I didnt want black but my options in 17" were black,red,gold or pink where as 16" any colour.. I wanted bronze but they will be silver next time you see them.

And my impulse buy Modellista front spoiler which will end up on ebay cos i want too go lower and this is bigger than my current lip :(

A few pics

TMD8014.jpg

TMD8031.jpg

TMD8045.jpg

TMD8034.jpg

TMD8037.jpg

Looking good mate!! I thought you were going to say you got pink ones..until I scrolled down :P

I'm going to go to a few shops and ask for quotes for tanabe's (when I am free from exams that is). And got to ask Jesse about those rear rubber mounts not fitting or something.. :unsure:

The Modellista lip looks great John, but I prefer your TTE lip over this one. It's more subtle and blends in with the car's lines. Heh, like you said with the TTE you can go LOWER! :P

Anyways awesome ride as always!

p.s. What happened to your rear numberplate frame? I noticed it was missing at the Villawood meet too..

The Modellista lip looks great John, but I prefer your TTE lip over this one. It's more subtle and blends in with the car's lines. Heh, like you said with the TTE you can go LOWER! :P

Anyways awesome ride as always!

p.s. What happened to your rear numberplate frame? I noticed it was missing at the Villawood meet too..

Thanks Kenneth, TTE suits my front better i think as well, took the frame off when i washed the car and too lazy to put it back on <_<

Charlie: yes i will sell it,as you know its not cheap but might see what happens on ebay.

Tom: I thought you would like it :P It sits about an inch lower than the TTE and doesnt stick out as much as the TRD lip.... Come to Syd and bring cash :D

post-9535-1256641839_thumb.jpg