08 COROLLA LEVIN ZR....""FOR SALE""

juvenile

I thought it would feel good Peter but I was wrong,my back is killing me now :lol: Wheels are chosen so that's one less thing to think of, unless I don't like em.. Don't say it Dutchie,I know what your thinking :spiteful:

John, PM me! Sharing is caring and I won't tell, PROMISE! :D

I thought the saying was " sharing is bragging" :lol: I can tell you it has a polished lip and it's not a look I thought I would go for on this car, trial and error....

• 1 month later...

OK so I finally have my new rims on for new look now,Euro look? not sure..Yes I know I said I'd never get 18"s just like I said I'd never get coilovers :lol:

Anyway first my story,some that know me will totally understand,others will just think I'm in insane :blink:

New rims are BBS LM(reps) 18x8 +40 offset

First I wanted a slight stretch then thought no i'll get standard fitment which is 225/40 so off I went, fitted them drove home and parked the car,walked around it a few times thinking,crap they are too chunky,what do I do? I should've gone 215/40 which is what I originally wanted.. So I called the ZRE Helpline (Dutchie) and 10min later off I went to another store and bought another set of tyres,yes that's two sets but I'm happy now :D

225/40/18 Dunlop Sportmaxx TT bit too chunky

BBSd18022.jpg

215/40/18 Toyo T1R slight stretch

BBSt18013.jpg

BBSt18028.jpg

Insane? Yes.

Understandable? Hell yes. :D

Looks bloody good John, as long as your happy with them for at least a week its a win! :rolleyes::lol:

(I still cant get over how small 18's look on a ZRE... 19's wouldnt be out of place at all..)

So the Dunlop Sportmaxx TT nice and quiet huh? wonder if they would be a good decision for my Amistads when they get here....better check sizes..

Insane? Yes.

Understandable? Hell yes. :D

Looks bloody good John, as long as your happy with them for at least a week its a win! :rolleyes::lol:

(I still cant get over how small 18's look on a ZRE... 19's wouldnt be out of place at all..)

So the Dunlop Sportmaxx TT nice and quiet huh? wonder if they would be a good decision for my Amistads when they get here....better check sizes..

Thanks Pete, big guards alright..

A week? you want me to keep them that long??? :D

Yeah the TT's were very quiet and comfy on my brief drive, they also just released a Sportmaxx GT performance tyre which I could get at the time, both in 19" as well.

OH SNAAAAAAAAP!!! They look AWESOME JOHN!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I am sure me and Pete will take a lot of PHOTO'S of this MACHINE!!! Whats that, ZRE PHOTOSHOOT??

The ride height looks PERFECT!!! It looks a BILLION BUCKS!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I love how you stretch the tyres.. Looks AWESOME!!!

GOOOOOOOD WORK!!! POW!!!

The ride height looks PERFECT!!! It looks a BILLION BUCKS!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Cheers my friend but the ride height hasn't been changed yet,possibly tomorrow.The above pic is with the 1st tyres :P

Thumbs up mate,they look shhhhweet as. :clap:

also how you finding the T1R's?...as you know i have a soft spot for dem. :rolleyes:

p.s how sexy is that rubber,it's almost and i say almost rivals the wheels themselves in sexyness,great combo mate,well done.

edit...just looking at the pics again and i'm thinking black wheel nuts might set it off even more,just a thought.

Cheers

Lee

Very nice, I'm a big fan of LMs....speaking of which, which copies are they? Genuine LMs are ridiculously expensive and I doubt I could justify the cost, but replicas/copies are fine in my books and easy on the wallet.

Cheers my friend but the ride height hasn't been changed yet,possibly tomorrow.The above pic is with the 1st tyres :P

I say, keep it at the height its at now.. Then it wont bottom out that much.. lol I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

BlackNutz:

Johnsbbsblaknutz.jpg

Yep, nice.. sorry for the bit of gloss on them, but you get the idea.

(John, the center caps might have looked OK red, to match the VVTi emblem...)

Waiting for the other bits to go on....

Yeah i thought it would look good...and it does. :D

John, the stance looks perfect! And that stretch definitely sets it off! Good work! Tasteful as usual!

Looking forward to seeing it on the road! :P

Wow ,going by your comments these must be the best rims I ever bought,thanks people, much appreciated :)

Kev::: I thought you'd like em as you have suggested them before I recall..

Ray89::: A different look I thought, and offset is what the Rotas were but being 8" they're further 6mm out..

Hiro::: I did price genuine but only out of curiosity,alot more $$$ than a lightweight Jap wheel that's for sure, Rota also do

LM's but these were for US customers but a wheel store here snapped up a few sets..

Again thanks for the compliments Vinh,sikwitit and VF-X :) :) :)

BlackNutz:

Yep, nice.. sorry for the bit of gloss on them, but you get the idea.

(John, the center caps might have looked OK red, to match the VVTi emblem...)

Waiting for the other bits to go on....

Yeah i thought it would look good...and it does. :D

Thanks Pete,yeah I thought the black nuts would be better,I hate centre caps as it is but these kind of belong on them, the red BBS caps are definitely are no no for me...

Thanks Lee, I did look at the T1R's first as the Victorians seem to very happy with them, and yeah the tread is awesome, love the slight stretch too.Haven't pushed them yet but I'm sure a spirited drive is on the cards soon.. So far so good though :P

Went to Pedders today for wheel alignment and a slight drop but looks a bit more than slight and I'm lovin it :yahoo:

Looks fat,or is it phat? on the road now....5mm spacers might be the go as well..

I'm sure our cruise will have the usual suspects armed with SLR's so for now my average pics will have to do...

BBS18007.jpg

and another one of these just for you Lee :wub:

BBS18006.jpg