Whitestivo Introduction

whitestivo

So after 100+ posts time to introduce the ride and myself.

Picked up 2003 white stivo start of the year. Now this car is half owned by the wife, as is the house we bought at Greenslopes so the only mods planned were on the house, not the car. That lasted about a month.

The stivo handling was poor, so on went a whiteline rear sway thanks to forum members advice. The ride height is still to high, so I'm still negotiating with the wife on that one. Then I felt that it was a bit quiet. Again, damn stivo does 3800 @ 120kmh, so exhaust is difficult to negotiate, so a GB came up, and with my endless thanks to Xploshun, I've been a happy CAI'd stivo ever since.

Also changed the head unit to a later model 2008 Hilux MP3 version I got through a good friend.

After my track foray on the weekend I've stepped across the threshold from talker to doer. Best time at Queensland Raceway was 1.09.378, so was seriously happy with that. I was like a crazed lunatic all afteroon living in lift. The best thing was the last session was a passenger session, so took the wife for 5 laps, and she loved it.

Future mods are lids (when they finally return from PBeater), performance brakes on the front, and some damn springs. Thanks to all the great people on this site, both Brisbane based and elsewhere, I love getting onto the forum and just trolling through enjoying the posts.

Special thanks to SB and Superdave for their unlimited knowledge and patience.

And I posted some pics of the car at Queensland Raceway.

Whitestivo

post-6826-1220954164_thumb.jpg

post-6826-1220955272_thumb.jpg

post-6826-1220955383_thumb.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work mate! Such a nice and tidy Sportivo.

Looks like you had fun out at the raceway. You better go back though, looks like your number plate fell off. :P

I think you definately need headers and exhaust. ;)

Keep up the good work! Get that baby lowered!

Nate. B)

• 10 months later...

After attending the Melbourne meet, thought I'd post again

-King lows - Super lows on standard shocks not an option and I like the idea of the car unloading forward under brakes. If you’re after looks go super lows as the back still sits high

-Ferrodo pads front - Incredibly good, and Chicaboo will attest to my late braking. Beware the dust, most times my front rims look black. After 10,000 they squeal at low speeds. So spit cruisers, move on, ppl love who love driving, get em.

-Exhaust - Custom 2.5"catback. At first the car was very erratic, and it took weeks to settle. Once the smell subsided, Sportivo pulls hard from 3500rpm. Muffler is custom straight through 2.5", fully baffled with small tip. Probably louder than I’d like.

-Professionally painted lids and flaps went on for looks. Grill remains stock intentionally.

-Adrenalines 205,55s - Fantastic for grip, especially braking. They look chunky being 55, especially compared to 40 and 45 profiles of Melbourne stivos. I'm going to wear them in over next 5000km, then back to track in September.

Kms on Road since owned – 16000

Kms on Track since owned – 100

Lowered my time from 1.09.3, to 1.05.8. I was and still am stoked about this, and could go on and on and on, but already have elsewhere. You can see a DA9 Integra with an angry B16 and SS’s pull a 1.01, and then a LS1 lump pull a 1.12, so anything under 1.07 I reckon is plenty quick on street tyres out of a road car (note to DJKOR).

Consistently on the 5th lap in each session, the Turanzas would give up the ghost and I’d be nearly a second slower, so the adrenalines should fix that. The exhaust is just for my aural pleasure. The pads are superb, time and time and time again. 1.04’s are the next goal.

Take a look at the attached graph, this is my performance at the track. I think first sessions that the car ecu resets more aggresive, as the second and third session, it comes out far quicker. It could also be me getting reacquainted with the track again. What people think? Other than missing second twice on session two, my laps are pretty consistent sessions two and three. IN session three i started down chaging to second before the corner, so i had no way of missing the gear, whilst in the sweeper, as quite a lot is going on during that croner. This is example of learning from the track about your car.

Like anyone every so often I wonder if the Sportivo is the right car for me. Those MPS wnkers at Ozmazda cleared my mind…

“Who would want to rev an engine to 8200rpm?”

whitestivo

He's working on it. Non-silver member's have limited attachment space.

Definitely doing good with the Sportivo there Phil. I can't wait till September as well. The nerves have kind of just kicked in though. I keep thinking how I'm probably going to end up with a lame as time and not really get much credit for such.

LOL Gav. The Sportivo Corolla's are getting rarer now.

His car is dumped... as low as he would want it, its running on Lows all round :P see my sig below lol :lol:

Fantastic car Phil, you just need to get some fresh pics up of those meaty Wheels :P

Evo

here is the graph, please let me know your thoughts

http://djkor.com/external/image/TOCAU/trac...lysis_jul09.jpg

gav, yep, i think i could do a touge tuition lesson with you through glorious, with some photos during the trip, you keen

djk, it's never lame, lame is not going

whitestivo

Yeah, can do. Hard to show you stuff in my car since the Eibachs have gone in though. I can't get the back out any more with them, so Glorious' tight twisties would be a challenge. I've got a week off at the start of August, and I'm going to use it to get the TX3 rolling. So you might want to wait until it's going? I'm putting stock springs in it for a little while (Racing springs are too hard!), so I don't know how it will go after that though. I might end up getting Kings for it again (wish I never sold my original Kings...).

Gav.

no worries, seeing that my sportivo hoses yours, i'd be happy to follow you through glorious and learn the corners, you know that area so well

we can take piccies after that

i got to get used to the adrenalines, they are so quiet when on the limit, and they get so soft and just keep holding on. i think i prefer the squeal.

whitestivo

no worries, seeing that my sportivo hoses yours, i'd be happy to follow you through glorious and learn the corners, you know that area so well

we can take piccies after that

i got to get used to the adrenalines, they are so quiet when on the limit, and they get so soft and just keep holding on. i think i prefer the squeal.

whitestivo

Your hose has a water saving nozzle on it dude. I actually don't know the northside twisties that well, since I'm southside yo! So I just drive by sight, so I'm a lame duck up there at night.

Be careful with those Adrenalins mate, they have a heat cycle that they need to warm up to before they stick! So if you go in balls first without warm tyres, you will understeer into a ditch like .....

Gav.

• 3 months later...
New mod goes on today, fingers crossed, reckon it's going to be real interesting now.

whitestivo

*waits for todays new mod*

dont be talking it up mate, i know its just that tow ball that u wanted hahaha

Edited by ELEGNT

thx cruzer

313, nice one, but no, performance mod.

got the sms to say it's all done

looking forward to driving tonight, will report back on outcome... may be no diffence, may be some, may be lots, who knows. i'm hoping for the later obviously

whitestivo

I know have two new adrenalines on the front of the stivo

205 50, i still have the 205 55 on the back

bob jane and i had it out over the tyres, and the scrubbing, and i was pleased to say that as a multpile customer, the guys at coorparoo took care of me and did me a steelar buy for two replacements.

the scurrbing is gone, as the new profile gives me enough room to clear the inner guards, i won;t push to hard yet as the tyres take 1000km plus to really come good, then i'll give her a belting and see, impression so far are very positive

there's certain rcolt that's going down.

that means there are two near new adrenlines in the garage rated 91W for all you non sporivo drivers out there, and particularly ZRE's

whitestivo

You can push as hard as you like Phil, but you need to warm the tyres up first. Even after 5000km, if you just THROW the car into a corner without warming the tyres up, you will have less than half the grip you would otherwise. Even less than much lower performance tyres. That is just a trait of Andrenalins I'm afraid.