ROL14

ROL14

I'm pretty sure I haven't posted my girl up yet... and she's a show off so I thought I'd better put her up!

Car:

2001 AE112 Toyota Corolla Sportivo

Engine:

7A-FTE 1.8L EFI with IHI turbo and front mount intercooler

Suspension:

Factory Sportivo suspension (upgraded from AE112 Levin)

Wheels:

BSA-316 Matt Bronze Steel Lip 17" x 7.0 wrapped in 215/40 Yokohama ES100's

Exterior:

Factory Sportivo Body Kit - Front lip, side skirts, rear spoiler with extension all painted in Aztec Gold Metallic

Interior:

Factory Sportivo - Levin Black with Leather Steering wheel and Leather Gear Knob. Sportivo edition dash cluster

ICE:

Factory for now... watch this space...

Power:

94Kw at the treads, 7psi boost

Quarter/Track time:

15.1sec Quarter... Track time to be updated next year

post-4704-1222470872_thumb.jpg

post-4704-1222471034_thumb.jpg

Edited by ROL14

mmm so niaaaace :P

Have you looked into the goodies I showed you on supergt.com.hk :P hehe makes you want to modify it up doesn't it Julez :P

This beast left me for dead up the mountain tonight :lol:

Funny that... I don't remember you saying that last night... lmao! Or was this before I brought my Grandma driving game...??? :lol:

oh I was just saving myself from embarassment Julez :lol: :P

• 3 weeks later...

mines #77 :) I dont' see many Sportivo Turbo's around and so I get all excited when I see another one :)

does yours still have the factory air intake? That thing goes on for miles!!!

Are you planning any mods?

Have you got pics of the exterior hatch?? Have you done anything to the tail lights?

Lesley :)

Edited by SoulSearcher

• 2 months later...

I thought I'd share with you all my latest modification...

I had a slight up close and personal incounter with the gate post...

Needless to say i'm extremely :blush: about it... But fingers crossed she'll have a new lip and a newly repaired front bar very soon!

post-4704-1229916472_thumb.jpg post-4704-1229916494_thumb.jpg post-4704-1229916508_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Jules,

I hope you get your car fixed soon, as it's a shame to have something like that spoiling your driving experience. From what I saw in the carpark, it looked like fuel surge issues I have seen in various friends turboed cars in the past. But without the aid of boost and fuel pressure gaues, that's just an uneducated guess. :P

It's good to see that the Sporturbo has a decent FMIC. It must be hard to resist not putting in Pauter rods and Wiseco pistons so you can run the boost up to 14-16psi?! ;) Wow, the things I would do with your car! :D

Cheers, Gav.

I know, if only I had the money!

I would LOVE to have some guages installed. The defi ones I want are really expensive and I just haven't had the money to be putting into her. Might need to track down a scan machine and see what that says first, and fingers crossed it a simple-ish solution! I'll keep ya posted!

There's a few little things I'd love to do to hear but its all money and then that changes it from stock too. I'm not against modified cars, just with this one I'd rather keep it as stock as possible I think cause they are so rear and there's not many original ones left. Hence why once she's fixed I wanna have her on some form of limited rego and only drive her on weekends :)

You don't need to ruin your car to get more oomph out of it. Things like the around-the-world-in-80-days intake can be replaced with an SRI on the driver's side for instance (oops, where's the MAF located?), so you just shelve the stock one. And then you can get a MBC/boost-T/bleed valve and adjust your wastegate actuator pressure to 10-12psi, as most cars have stock fuel and ignition maps to that before boost cut intervenes. I don't know how the stock rods on these are though.

But really, it does a 15.1s 1/4, so it's no slouch! So no one would pressure you to go and do much to it. But those little things I listed above are safe and will only set you back $200 tops, and still make you up to 20kW ATW. :)

Good luck with your bumper, I didn't even notice that last night.

Cheers, Gav.

• 3 months later...