SPORTIVO CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT

Azza

i just had mine done along with my 30,000km service

1. they said they have never heard of the problem and refused to call another service centre when i told them that a lot of corolla's up here have been fixed by this other service centre

2. they are blaming my cruise control for the problem (was told to take it back to where i got it fitted to see if they could take it off because this service centre had no instructions on how to dismantle it.... i got it installed before delivery.... IN MELBOURNE!!!!!!!!!!!)

3. they are still reluctant to check the toyota bulletin to see if there is anything there

and after all of that it still crunches in high revs.... changing at low revs is a lot better, not a jerky, but still not good enough.

i am going to another service centre on thursday night to see if they can fix it... and i was told that if the service centre i went to today has already done it i may have to pay for it to be done on thursday because it can only be done once under toyota's rules or something like that

edit: ohh and they didnt bother fixing my cruise control rattle... or the acccelerator problem i am having either (when coasting ei. down a hill, and go to put pressure on the accelerator it sticks and i have to put a lot of pressure on it to make the accelerator move)... didnt even mention it

what a day!!!!

does anyone know where i can get this service bulletin from... ???

Edited by HDACHE

donna, where did you service your rolla?? did you went to lexus indro??

no i didnt, i wont mention where i went, but it was the same place as last time i complained about toyota's service.

i will be going to sci fleet at kedron on thursday to see if they can make my clutch all better tho, they are part of indro lexus

I know where you went to Donna, and I wouldn't be going there myself. I fought with them for hours over issues with my last Corolla.

There is a email floating around this forum somewhere from Jenny Stewart from Toyota. I will search for it over the weekend for you, but if someone finds it before me, please link it to here.

The issue with them only fixing something once is a fairly standard line from most service centre's over warranty issues, however I will always say back to them, "If you fixed it properly the first time, then I wouldn't need to you even think about it a second time."

Can I only say that Ben at Lexus Indro knows all the probs and can usually arrange something. Sci Fleet Kedron owns Lexus Indro, and some of the guys there take a bid of prodding but they eventually do it properly....

I know where you went to Donna, and I wouldn't be going there myself. I fought with them for hours over issues with my last Corolla.

There is a email floating around this forum somewhere from Jenny Stewart from Toyota. I will search for it over the weekend for you, but if someone finds it before me, please link it to here.

The issue with them only fixing something once is a fairly standard line from most service centre's over warranty issues, however I will always say back to them, "If you fixed it properly the first time, then I wouldn't need to you even think about it a second time."

Can I only say that Ben at Lexus Indro knows all the probs and can usually arrange something. Sci Fleet Kedron owns Lexus Indro, and some of the guys there take a bid of prodding but they eventually do it properly....

azza, i think this is the one you are talking about http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=1284 i have had a good read through there tonight

i rang indro first and the lady i spoke to there spoke to some manager dude and he said he knew about it and she asked when i would like to book it in, i asked about the weekend and she said that only kedron do weekends and after hours... i figured after hours would be better as i have a few full weekends coming up.

i think there will be another complaint about that service department too :rolleyes:

Lexus Indro is worth being late to work for and finishing early during the week too.

If you want to tee it up with me, mine is due for its 40K as soon as I can get it there, and I always get a loaner from them (cause I bought mine through sci-fleet).

You don't work that far from me so I can drop you off in the am and take you back out there in the PM....

Let me know. I'm gunning for Friday at this stage if they are able to get me in. Want me to see if they can take yours too?

that way i can wonder down to WOW and get some electronic stuff while i wait :D

Heck, your keen...

that way i can wonder down to WOW and get some electronic stuff while i wait :D

Heck, your keen...

its not that far.... and i dont mind walking down there, its the walk back up the hill that will kill me :D

i walked from the train station to the closest service department the other day when i went to pick up my car.. only took 15 minutes :D

The clutch in my car was adjusted at Lexus Indro a few years back. Perfect to say the least. Don't know about anyone else having problems with the adjustement from them. But I say if you want it gone try them first.

i just had mine done along with my 30,000km service

1. they said they have never heard of the problem and refused to call another service centre when i told them that a lot of corolla's up here have been fixed by this other service centre

2. they are blaming my cruise control for the problem (was told to take it back to where i got it fitted to see if they could take it off because this service centre had no instructions on how to dismantle it.... i got it installed before delivery.... IN MELBOURNE!!!!!!!!!!!)

3. they are still reluctant to check the toyota bulletin to see if there is anything there

and after all of that it still crunches in high revs.... changing at low revs is a lot better, not a jerky, but still not good enough.

i am going to another service centre on thursday night to see if they can fix it... and i was told that if the service centre i went to today has already done it i may have to pay for it to be done on thursday because it can only be done once under toyota's rules or something like that

edit: ohh and they didnt bother fixing my cruise control rattle... or the acccelerator problem i am having either (when coasting ei. down a hill, and go to put pressure on the accelerator it sticks and i have to put a lot of pressure on it to make the accelerator move)... didnt even mention it

what a day!!!!

Hey there i got the same prob wit my accelerator sticking tooz wen its "On" Cruise Control or these days even if it ain't!!!!! It so sucks cause i gotta do a sorta quick-two step sorta dance in the car to make it run smooth. (So gay....dancin da quick step in my car.....lolz)

I took it to a Toyota dealer other than the one from where i orginally got mine from, the service techy had a drive of it, felt it and said yea definitely something is wrong, i can feel it. He couldn't fix it cause he said its prob related to my Cruise control and better take it back to my original Toyota to fix it, or he'd have to charge for it.

Gear Crunching tooz....Is this a common thing wit the stivos?

Like i've driven a few diff manuals, eg DC5, S2000, Old Barina's, Pulsars, even an old pre 1990 Hiace van runs smoother on shifts!!!! etc and find that the Stivo's shifting has to be done harsh in order to get into gear gates of most notably, gears 2 and three for me.

Mate of mine drove a Mazda 6 and said that the gear shifting in that car was so much easier and smoother than mine cause he couldn't get the gear into 3rd in my car. I know the two cars are like totally in diff markets but the 05 Tivo can't be that bad??

hmmmm maybe i'll give my mates 01 ZE122 gear shifts a go n compare :( :(

I'm up for my 10K service and will be booking it in for a servo next week.

How can i approach the guys about the clutch prob??

Hopefully i don't gotta take out the Cruise control either if the Accelerator stickiness is related to it.... >_<

cool i didnt know you could get them with that option. If toyota provided that as an extra then its there problem to fix it, if even the mechanic has noted the problem i would keep taking it back and if its not fixed say that you are going to the ACC and filing a suit against them. I had a nice bitch at my service centre about my clutch and then after that by some divine intervention they knew how to fix it, since then my clutch has been awesome, ask zav hes driven it :D

cool i didnt know you could get them with that option. If toyota provided that as an extra then its there problem to fix it, if even the mechanic has noted the problem i would keep taking it back and if its not fixed say that you are going to the ACC and filing a suit against them. I had a nice bitch at my service centre about my clutch and then after that by some divine intervention they knew how to fix it, since then my clutch has been awesome, ask zav hes driven it :D

Yea coolz thanks for you input. :D

Where do you get your rolla serviced??

I'll bring up both the clutch and stickiness issue when i bring it in...

Oh dear...not Cannon Toyota again... <_<

Just a thought,

I was thinking a of a "group" law suit against toyota. Or how about a couple of hundres stivos cruise on down to Toyota headquaters and make a fuss for a day or two - you never know - maybe make the papars -Toyota Australia and its franchisee network really need a good kick up the %ss. Something along the lines of the NAB bank scandel that cost the Board there jobs and resulted in a complete management shake up.

Cheers

Sounds like a good idea.. but no good to us Brissie boys... LOL

How about every one that has had the clutch/Gear issues put down there numberplate number and someone that has a contact in Toyota sends it in? I know they can enter numberplates into the system and bring up any details they need from there?

If we can get a nice long list of numberplates it might have some impact as well?

All we need is a good contact at Toyota which I think a few people have access to on this forum.

Any thoughts?

Fudge

Hey guys+gals xD,

im doing my 10.000km service next week and just wondering with the clucth it gets harder to change into gear at high revs.... and with the service do i tell them to adjust it or do they automaticly do it and would it cost extra if done?....

Cheers Steve,

Hey guys+gals xD,

im doing my 10.000km service next week and just wondering with the clucth it gets harder to change into gear at high revs.... and with the service do i tell them to adjust it or do they automaticly do it and would it cost extra if done?....

Cheers Steve,

Yo steve, where do get your tivo serviced?...

I'm up for me 10K tooz :) but i have to go back to Cannon Toyota to fix an issue... <_<

Also n e one know roughly how much the 10K service will cost?? :unsure:

i was gonna go ti le mans in foots but there all asians and u knoe asians... xD there shifty but thats the closet place so ill probly go there btw im asian also lol but i aint shifty. :) i think its about $240-260 thats wat he said >.< thats lyk almost my rear skirt..... nOOooO!!!

Steve,

Cannon toyota in Heidelberg Melbourne... were always great with my warranty stuff (well except the belt tensioner)

just ask bangn he drove my old car the other day and said if shifts like it has a new clutch