SPORTIVO CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT

Azza

Well after i had mine readjusted, it did sit alot higher and the clutch enagged quicker However, i think it went back to its original condidion and i cant get smooth changes in high revs anymore. Back to mr toyota i think :(

Any updates from you, Blue_Stivo or ZEEROLLA?? :P

Nothing yet... I've been too busy too think about it actually, will have to wait until after Easter now, but hopefully before track time!!! I've also got a puncture to fix curtesy of the cruise we had, I think it was when I drove over where the burnt out car wreak was, but it was all fine until the next day, but I've actually has to use the spare wheel now after much complaining about how Toyota doesn't include the spare into its rotation schedual, I've now had to rotate it in myself...

Well after i had mine readjusted, it did sit alot higher and the clutch enagged quicker However, i think it went back to its original condidion and i cant get smooth changes in high revs anymore. Back to mr toyota i think :(

Nothing yet... I've been too busy too think about it actually, will have to wait until after Easter now, but hopefully before track time!!! I've also got a puncture to fix curtesy of the cruise we had, I think it was when I drove over where the burnt out car wreak was, but it was all fine until the next day, but I've actually has to use the spare wheel now after much complaining about how Toyota doesn't include the spare into its rotation schedual, I've now had to rotate it in myself...

When rotating your wheels, beware of the screws. Last time, when I did it myself.....I broke one of the screws :angry::angry: ......maybe I drove the screw too tight ~!! :blink:

So, I brought that to Toyota and got them replaced it for me......lucky it's under warranty....... :D (of coz I didn't tell them, it was me that broke the screw. I told them....I lost it when I was driving :P :P (cheaky bastxxd).......hahaah

If I told them the truth, I think they would just asked me go the hell away, it's my FAULT.

Don't blame me, blame yourself, Toyota Dealer. I was just being as cheaky as you are, <_< .

Blue_stivo, when you rotate the wheels, make sure you won't drive the screw too TIGHT......otherwise, it will break. Since, the screws won't have a "end point" which is the tightest point which you cannot go any further. The screw was just go as much as you drive it.......BEWARE.....

When rotating your wheels, beware of the screws. Last time, when I did it myself.....I broke one of the screws :angry::angry: ......maybe I drove the screw too tight ~!! :blink:

So, I brought that to Toyota and got them replaced it for me......lucky it's under warranty....... :D (of coz I didn't tell them, it was me that broke the screw. I told them....I lost it when I was driving :P :P (cheaky bastxxd).......hahaah

If I told them the truth, I think they would just asked me go the hell away, it's my FAULT.

Don't blame me, blame yourself, Toyota Dealer. I was just being as cheaky as you are, <_< .

Blue_stivo, when you rotate the wheels, make sure you won't drive the screw too TIGHT......otherwise, it will break. Since, the screws won't have a "end point" which is the tightest point which you cannot go any further. The screw was just go as much as you drive it.......BEWARE.....

i think the manual states 98Nm.

When rotating your wheels, beware of the screws. Last time, when I did it myself.....I broke one of the screws  :angry:  :angry: ......maybe I drove the screw too tight ~!!  :blink:

So, I brought that to Toyota and got them replaced it for me......lucky it's under warranty....... :D (of coz I didn't tell them, it was me that broke the screw. I told them....I lost it when I was driving  :P  :P (cheaky bastxxd).......hahaah

Cooley... You also could have said it happened when you had to change a wheel... Surely that isn't your fault as you cannot drive around on flat rubber...

Shao... That's good if you've got a Torque wrench, my torque guage is my forearm unfortunately...

When rotating your wheels, beware of the screws. Last time, when I did it myself.....I broke one of the screws  :angry:  :angry: ......maybe I drove the screw too tight ~!!  :blink:

So, I brought that to Toyota and got them replaced it for me......lucky it's under warranty....... :D (of coz I didn't tell them, it was me that broke the screw. I told them....I lost it when I was driving  :P  :P (cheaky bastxxd).......hahaah

Cooley... You also could have said it happened when you had to change a wheel... Surely that isn't your fault as you cannot drive around on flat rubber...

Shao... That's good if you've got a Torque wrench, my torque guage is my forearm unfortunately...

well, if u are particulary fussy about some things or just so worried that u might lose sleep over over torqued nuts, it would be a good investment B)

well, if u are particulary fussy about some things or just so worried that u might lose sleep over over torqued nuts, it would be a good investment  B)

I often find it hard to sleep when my nuts are being over torqued ;)

Seriously though, it's OK, I'm not loosing any sleep, nor am I loosing any wheels or wheel nuts...

I may be slowly loosing my mind though, however some would argue that it was never there in the first place :P

Cheers for the help though B)

Edited by Blue_Stivo

Isn't it funny how we started talking about crutchs, woops, I mean clutches and we end up talking about nuts...

Crickey, next your all gonna start on knobs, horns, high-beams, skirts, lubricant and flanges :P :P :P

only if you want to take it there azza :P

but you forgot one... the dreaded wide body!!!

and I think we covered knobs in another post already (chrome plated at that too)...!!! ;) :P

what can I say, my mind works like this... car, ***, car, ***, car, ***... but never the 2 shall cross, unless it is *** in the car, but still, careful not to leave a mess :P ;)

Edited by Blue_Stivo

only if you want to take it there azza :P

but you forgot one... the dreaded wide body!!!

and I think we covered knobs in another post already (chrome plated at that too)...!!! ;) :P

what can I say, my mind works like this... car, sex, car, sex, car, sex... but never the 2 shall cross, unless it is sex in the car, but still, careful not to leave a mess :P ;)

Thats why the Stivo has leather, so you can just wipe it clean :P

C'MON - Lets keep our minds out of the gutter - look where you've all taken me...

Now it's time to put pleasant car thoughts back in my mind............

Lift :D Lift :D Lift :D Lift :D Lift :D Lift :D Lift :D Lift :D Lift :D Lift :D Lift :D

Any under 18s on the forum? :D

I actually thought the filter would pick it up... it was a bit of a joke really, I'll edit accordingly, but good point Zee...

I was kidding too mate.. with all the stuff on tv nowadays i don't think we have to worry about the kids :P What do parents think?

• 1 month later...

:( Pi55ed. Had the clutch adjustment done with the interim service... Gear box still notchy. Don't know whether its fixed the jamming issues though - haven't driven it enough !

Apparently had every man and his dog looking at it... the technician, the foreman and a guy from head office. Sure did test drive the car .... appears they did about 300KM over a week and a bit.... Back she goes !

Edited by sporthatch141

sorry to hear!....where in brisbane did you take it?...if you have any issues let me know and we can arrange for you to see our new mates at lexus of brisbane. they have seen a few of our cars now and have resolved our issues ;)

sorry to hear!....where in brisbane did you take it?...if you have any issues let me know and we can arrange for you to see our new mates at lexus of brisbane. they have seen a few of our cars now and have resolved our issues ;)

Had the job done at South Side Toyota. To be honest I am at my wits end. SST customer service is good bu

They seemed to take offense when I asked if they had a mechanic who owned a stivo to work on the car.

They told me that their foreman is taken away and taken for test drives in new models and undergoes training. I indicated that stivos have their own unique characteristics and perhaps someone who drives them all the time would be able to assess my car more quickly.

Took the car for a long drive last night and there is no improvement ... Do any of the Lexus techs have sportivo's?

:P Nope,, but all lexus tech's have been brought up through the ranks of toyota, hence most of them have about twice the experience that SST techs have.. there good and im glad now that i have pursuaded alot of people to go there..

if you have a problem you tell them or put it on paper and they'll see what they can do except in craigs situation when they couldn't put a little lube in :P

Just had my clutch adjusted at Lexus of Brisbane, they did a great job, the mechanic only had to look at the clutch pedal and said it looks a little low. It now works great and didn't take me long to get used to the different take up point at the clutch pedal. No guesses where I'll be taking my Sportivo for future services.

Just had my clutch adjusted at Lexus of Brisbane, they did a great job, the mechanic only had to look at the clutch pedal and said it looks a little low. It now works great and didn't take me long to get used to the different take up point at the clutch pedal. No guesses where I'll be taking my Sportivo for future services.

There are a few of us now that use thi sparticular dealer for our Sportivo servicing and they are always looking after us. And being that they are part of the Sci-Fleet group, and my Sportivo came from Sci-Fleet, the extra 10% discount is always a little sweetner also (just like the choccie's)

I noticed the other day that Lexus of Brisbane has just opened a new dealership in the Valley. I'm hoping that if there is a service division there that we can get the same level of service as we get fronm the boys at Indro.... Unfortunately, the Ledron shop is a little under par with Indro.. ;)

Well I've done 1000KM since the adjustment and in a word CRAP! :angry: Got the clutch smell last night (thats CLUTCH) pulling away from a servo (changing at 3000RPM) and no I was not riding the clutch. Gears jam in 3rd now not just the occasional 2cd and 6th ! SST is not getting another go. Its off to Indro Lexus I go !!!!

Its off to Indro Lexus I go !!!!

Sorry to hear that SST have messed you around dude. Please try Lexus of Indro, and make sure you mention to Ben that y9our part of our Forum. He may not give you any extra Choccies, but he wil look after you.

If you purchased your car through Sci-Fleet, they will even let you have a loan car at no charge for the day, it's not a Lexus (usually a Camry) but make's it a nice experience.

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Aaron

• 7 months later...

I have an Oct 05 build Stivo & it has the sticky gear change / clutch issue.

It will be going in for its first service in February, has anyone here dealt with Chatswood Toyota or Pennant Hills Toyota for servicing?

Also are there any other fixes/recalls I should take up with the Mechanic?

So far it seems to be running quite nicely - very tight, but still nice.

Cheers

Tim

i'm getting my clutch adjusted in a couple of weeks and have been warned that the clutch will sit up alot higher

is it that bad, i am hoping that a smooth shift especially between first and second will make up for the new clutch position