SPORTIVO CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT

Azza

hey,

While we are on this topic, i took my car down to my local mechanic and asked him if he could perform my clutch adjustment. My car was having trouble shifting into gears at certian rpm, and i found the clutch engaged much earlier then ne other clutch i have used.

So he looked at it i brought along a sheet showing certian information about the clutch adjustment. He didnt even look at it.

He got into it and tested it out for himself, brought it back to the garage and drained/bled the hydraulic system, tested, adjusted, and re filled the line with fluid.

I tell you what this process took 5 mins, and it has fixed the problem, the mechanic believed there could have been an air lock in the system. (for nothing :P)

Well this is my experience so far, and it is still working great, i have 2005 sportivo, and hope this helps you out, might be the same thing with ur car.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

for those of you who want to know the technical newsflash i haveit on te piece of paper in front of me

Tech Newsflash TNF84/04

if you tell the service guys to search for that it should make it easier to find

for those of you who want to know the technical newsflash i haveit on te piece of paper in front of me

Tech Newsflash TNF84/04

if you tell the service guys to search for that it should make it easier to find

can you publish the tech news flash or PM to those who have issues.

thanks

can you publish the tech news flash or PM to those who have issues.

thanks

i dont have a copy of the newsflash, i did ask for a copy, but was told that i was not allowed that information.... im not sure if i am supposed to know the TFN number.... sorry guys...

here is what they did to my car according to the service report

Checked and adjusted the clutch as required as per tech newsflash TNF84/04

Replaced the gearbox oil

Adjusted the clutch pedal

Adjusted the free travel

Bled the clutch hydraulic system

hope that helps

Hi all

Perhaps somebody could understand the following behavior of my gear changes in a European TS (Sportivo):

When I shift from 1st to 2nd, I can have a smooth change if I move the gear lever fast (without any delay) to 2nd position. Of course, this requires very precise timing with the clutch to avoid any gear grinding/crunching feeling. If I wait slightly before pushing the lever into 2nd, I have the feeling that the gear lever is blocked from entering 2nd gear. Then I have to move it with a "sudden" push to enter 2nd (no grinding/crunching but difficulty to move the gear lever). Alternatively, a second clutch (while in neutral) seems to also resolve the blocking.

On the contrary, when I shift from 2nd to 3rd I have to wait a bit before to push the lever in 3rd position.

I should mention that my clutch is engaging rather abruptly. I am happy with this although I understand that it may result to some difficulty in gear changes. However, why 1st to 2nd should be different from 2nd to 3rd?

Edited by CTS03

Hi Guys, just to let you all know... Toyota MtGravat has fixed my gear box issue with changing gears :-)

They did take some time to get the job done as I belive the techs there are new as well as reciving an incorrect part (not sure but this is what I suspect might be the issue).. Any way.. They got there in the end and I am happy with the result, also met the tech that did the work and he looks like a good guy that is willing to help out :D

If you are still having gearbox issues and you are in the Brisbane, MtGravat area... might be worth trying to get it fixed through them B)

They also did not charge me a cent as some has mentioned they have gotten charged...

Hope this can help some others B) ... Enjoy!

Cheers

Fudge

Edited by fudgebottom