SPORTIVO CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT

Azza

where abouts is that place dave? mel way ref lol or something im REAL bad with directions

lmaOOoo

according to the keyring on my keys Cannon Toyota Heidelbergs number is 03) 9459 3277

or you can go to the Cannon Toyota at Camberwell at 610 Camberwell Rd. their number is 03) 9808 2466 ;)

www.cannontoyota.com.au will also find you the info you need :D

Edited by HDACHE

where abouts is that place dave? mel way ref lol or something im REAL bad with directions

lmaOOoo

according to the keyring on my keys Cannon Toyota Heidelbergs number is 03) 9459 3277

or you can go to the Cannon Toyota at Camberwell at 610 Camberwell Rd. their number is 03) 9808 2466 ;)

www.cannontoyota.com.au will also find you the info you need :D

thnx for the infOz

Steve,

for those who have service guys that are looking for the "technical newsletter" it was published on 30/11/04. i didnt catch the description of it but it seems to have worked.

make sure you tell them that it happens over 6,000rpm (thats what the technical newsletter said.... above 6,000 rpm) otherwise they will blame it on something else

REMEMBER +6,000rpm!!!!

Just giving an update with Redline MT90 transmission oil. It doesn't feel very different when you drive the car normally, i can still feel the "notch" or metal feeling when shifting into 3rd sometimes at normal revs, but at high revs it feels better. I tried a fast shift and it didn't crunch although i didn't make 1-2LIFT. I couldn't make mysef slam it into 2nd. But at the moment it feels better. As for bang for buck i don't know, $110 for the oil isn't really cheap but i guess if you are rebuilding your gearbox or have a brand new gearbox i would have this oil put in from the start.

A question guys, is it true that if we try a fast 1-2 to land LIFT and

1) the gear goes into 2nd ok but crunches its a synchros problem. But

2) if it crunches and doesn't go into gear its a clutch problem?

If so how many have problme 1) and how many have problem 2)?

I sure have problem 2 everytime i crunch 2nd :unsure: and i have an aftermarket clutch.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Thanks for the reply guys, but "in theory" if we have problem 2, shouldn't we have issues with every gear?? why is it specifically 2nd gear? Every other gear is fine, land LIFT no problems and i can shift as fast as i want to. That's something i don't understand but i guess a proper clutch adjustment really does help as Dylan pointed out. ;)

Edited by ZEEROLLA

tell them the clutch is grabbing/not disengaging fully on the 1-2 shift.

All they have to do is adjust the pushrod up under the dash which is a pain to get to.

I went to 4x4xMore at Marooka (Tuesday), to book my clutch adjustment. I had to correct the service assisstant what the MEMO was about and that it was suppose to fix the issue. Once he asked someone he booked me in straight away (Wednesday). Dropped it off after work today, and while waiting for my Dad to pick me up, a service assisstant came out and reliably informed me that the Foreman wont do my clutch adjustment under warrenty and that i will need to pay to have it done.

Went in with my dad, had a few nice words, and will be waiting to hear if they will do it under warrenty....

Such a great day today <_<

Ash, I'd be on to them. Regardless of known issues, if there are ANY faults with the vehicle whilst under warranty, they are obliged to fix them, unless they can prove that you have done something to the vehicle that has cause the fault.

This is a known fault with a known fix, there should never be any mention of money changing hands.

I'd take it to Lexus of Brisbane (they are at Indooroopilly)... Ben over there know his stuff and can arrange it for you.

The probem as Toyota dealers see it is that this is a labour issue. There are no parts reqired and Toyota does reimburse the labour costs of warranty repairs as they do with parts as there is no part to send back to them.

Ok....took my car for service today....Western Toyota Guildford...good old Toyota kept up the reputation of

"Quality Service"...

It was noted down that i requested a clutch adjustment be done...when i rang up they said i could request it..

the guy behind the counter starts asking questions...do you have specific problems with gear changes..i said yes..hard to shift from 1st to 2nd....im sure you have heard these complaints before...he said no...like yeah right...

i want it done..why ask questions??..im thinking they r gona test drive it and and cruise around at 2000 rpm and conclude there is nothing wrong with the car and therefore no adjustment will be done...

i also mentioned something about squeeks...he said..squeeks are only covered by warranty for the first 10000km....no one mentioned this when i bought the car....nor do i think it is mentioned in the user manual....

do these guys change the rules like every month when ever it suits them??

also i had asked for a courtesy car so i can get to work....surprise suprise they did not have a courtesy car...

apparantley the assistant manager had taken it and had not arrived to work yet....so 45 mins later i had my car....got to work 30 mins late.....

also..i got in the car...the fuel light was on....they expect me to fill up???? i put $10 in....seriously im going to pay for their petrol as well now....

get ******.....

ohh we will see later today what happens...stay tuned lol

I dont understand how people are continuly going to Toyota for servicing. Most of the people on the forum complain about the treatment they receive and the bad service they get yet many people keep returning.

Toyota has only seen my car 3 times, 4th will be next thursday. The 1st was at 1000km, 2nd was for a faulty shock and the 3rd was for the ecu recall. The 4th will be to have the door seals replaced and thats only because they wont give them to me so that my mechanic can do it for me. I had my clutch adjustment done at my local mechanic, $20 later, i had no questions asked, no badgering and the job was well done!!

In my opinion your better off going to a local mechanic that can do new car servicing and if its going to be a few dollars to get something adjusted you end up on top anyway because they service your car for cheaper anyway.

(My log books have been stamped every 5,000km by my mechanic as well)

Hey,

So the clutch adjustment is that easy for any mechanic to do?........if thats the case ill get my local mechanic to do it for me.......much easier and closer.......hes pretty trustworthy. Does any one have a good description of what actually needs to be done.....so i can tell my mechanic?

Thanks heaps

tell them the clutch is grabbing/not disengaging fully on the 1-2 shift.

All they have to do is adjust the pushrod up under the dash which is a pain to get to.

Thanks heaps micky_tee,

I will pass this onto my mechanic and see wat he says.....by the looks of it ill probally end up getting narrellen toyota to do it for me. Which is annyoing. Yea as you can see i am new here.....just bought a 2005 corolla sportivo.......and learning the ropes.....nice car....and well i can see the potential of it when i get this adjustment done :P

no worries mate anytime! you'll have to put up some pics of the car in your garage so everyone can see!

and check out the sydney meet section, and go along and say hi to them all!!!

cheers mate, these are great cars stock but also have lots of potential! enjoy!