TRD 1.8L supercharger

Hey i have a 2002 Corolla Conquest and i'm thinking of putting a TRD Supercharger to get more power. Im doing a little research just before i buy to make sure its really worth it (power, fuel consumption etc.). Does anyone know anything about it...if you do it'll be great if you could let me know. post-552-1107918558_thumb.jpg

P.S I've only seen one supercharged corolla thats in the states..Click here to view the web site of the corolla thats supercharged

Edited by crazy_rolla

depends if ya car is manual or automatic. its drops the car by 2sec in a manual.(0-100km time).

its gonna cost 6000 + fitting labour cost, soo if u have the money, go ahead. or u could always sell it, purchase a sportivo model and mod it slightly.

insurance will go up dramatically.

I'm contemplating doing this in a couple of years instead of trading up to something else - Depends how my car holds together - I dont have any squeeks or rattles yet.

The way I see it, Ascent/Conquest models are lighter than the Sportivo (Less accessories/standard equipment, no body kit etc), adding a Supercharger will match the power and have a sh!t load more low end torque in a lighter car ...

Do the math... The proof is Grimlock and Influx's ongoing challenges :lol:

Plus I just like the thought of having a Supercharged badge on my cars flanks :)

Have you though that maybe the charger adds a little extra weight making the weight differential negligable at the end of the day... but yeah the extra torque would be nice...

Edited by Blue_Stivo

The S/C kit would probably add 20kg or less, however to my knowledge there's almost 100kg difference between a Conquest and a Sportivo.

When you have a small capacity engine, every kg counts, So yes Sport1vo I will go to the tiolet and lose 1/2kg before I get in the car :lol:

The S/C kit would probably add 20kg or less, however to my knowledge there's almost 100kg difference between a Conquest and a Sportivo.

When you have a small capacity engine, every kg counts, So yes Sport1vo I will go to the tiolet and lose 1/2kg before I get in the car  :lol:

eat subway while ya at it :P jerry jerry :rolleyes:

probably challenge you soon

when uni starts and i am up in richmond we can take on the great western highway again

that was good testing in straight lines

how is everything influx i really want to head up to the mountains for lunch or something

well do sometime

really like it up there.

probably challenge you soon

when uni starts and i am up in richmond we can take on the great western highway again

that was good testing in straight lines

how is everything influx i really want to head up to the mountains for lunch or something

well do sometime

really like it up there.

kool thanks for the reply guys :D

so who won before grimlock or influx? lol :P

• 1 month later...
yes speak to me

GO SC ROLLA

fastest car ever

Hey influx i want a rematch, heheheheheh

Grimlock,

Do you have any other mods to the engine, or just the supercharger?

Have you dyno'd it? If so, what was the outcome?

I'm considering giving the wagon a boost in the future and I'm wondering what's possible ...

I'm aiming to have a charger under my bonnet within a year hopefully, will have to see how things plan out.

Hopefully I can then match the stock time of an ascent :angry:

:lol: My cars too heavy to go anywhere... runs a 17.6 quater mile when a stock one will run 16.6 :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Then again my car is automatic and the 16.6 stock is with a manual.

I'm contemplating doing this in a couple of years instead of trading up to something else - Depends how my car holds together - I dont have any squeeks  or rattles yet.

The way I see it, Ascent/Conquest models are lighter than the Sportivo (Less accessories/standard equipment, no body kit etc), adding a Supercharger will match the power and have a sh!t load more low end torque in a lighter car ...

Do the math... The proof is Grimlock and Influx's ongoing challenges  :lol:

Plus I just like the thought of having a Supercharged badge on my cars flanks  :)

and make sure before you drive your rolla that you go to the loo, 1/2 kg less = better power to weight :D

Definitely,

but you'll need to get better stoppers to match the performance upgrade. A manual will help to reduce brake usage, i/e use of lower gears acts as engine brake. Also an air to water intercooler kit together with a unichip should 1.) optimise air fuel ratios & 2.) keep inlet temps down - engine heat kills performance. I own a Mazda Eunos 800M 2.3 V6 with the factory twin intercooled supercharger/compressor & after a long drive it's amazing how much heat builds up in that engine & takes a real long time to cool..so that's the trade off you might encounter should u go ahead with the TRD S/C without any intercooling. You'll find when the weather's cool or from cold start it'll run really well but the longer the trip the more the heat builds which eventually makes performance feel laggy & dull.

Hey i have a 2002 Corolla Conquest and i'm thinking of putting a TRD Supercharger to get more power. Im doing a little research just before i buy to make sure its really worth it (power, fuel consumption etc.). Does anyone know anything about it...if you do it'll be great if you could let me know. post-552-1107918558_thumb.jpg

P.S I've only seen one supercharged corolla thats in the states..Click here to view the web site of the corolla thats supercharged

GET IT!!! it's worth every cent :lol: