closed

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol i am officially CONFUSED...

this guy contradicts himself, you know what? it was probably him TRYING to find out why HIS car would not go 190kph ANYMORE after his last attempt couple of months ago,

if your friend is that keen he would have came to the forum and asked question himself.. just keep quiet from now before you make a bigger fool out of urself

Edit: :( ok fine.. i think i just posted ONE minute too late :P Leroy said it all...

okay people

ive decided not to bother with this thread anymore. obviously this isn't helping!! So People don't bother replying

its not my car and not my issue. So im going to let him figure the the issue out himself when he goes to a mechanic.

hes probably ****** up his car and it isnt reparable i bet.

for those who want to know what ends up happening later on i will make a new thread to let you all know.

That cat is very blurry.......and is the basket it is in a reference to the 7AFE? Harsh....

In a serious response to Armstrong's question, up at those speeds there are so many mitigating circumstances that could lead to a 10km/h difference - wind, air temps, and a very long list of mechanical factors that can make a ton of difference. For example, some rubbish body kits could easily rip 10km/h off your top end.

Anyhow, I is ready for more catz now plz....

Even though the thread title says closed, it seems it is still possible to post in here.

So I thought I'd add some of my experiences.

Yes, a stock ADM 7AFE AE102 is theoretically capable of hitting 200km/h (the max reading on the speedo) in 5th gear before hitting redline. Whether or not that is a true 200km/h is down to the accuracy of the speedo, but calculations based on gear ratios, final drive, wheel diameter and engine revs make it possible.

I'll admit to a small bit of illegal activity, and say that I have reached this speed myself, albeit going down a slight hill, on the New England Highway just outside of Branxton (where the new dual carriage-way went in). I do not condone this sort of activity anywhere on public roads, and I was stupid to attempt it.

And what's wrong with dyno-ing a stock engine? It gives you a base reading to give you an indication on how much gains you get from future mods. I dyno-ed my stock engine for that exact reason. I have since dyno-ed it after exhaust mods, and will be doing so again after intake mods. Some people just like to know how much of a difference some things make. Same goes for 1/4 runs at WSID, I've done several in the same stock AE102, just to see what it could do (haven't done one since the exhaust/intake mods though).

who gives a F*** if someone admits to seeing a mate or even speeding himself! Jack **** the cops can do about it now. I hate nothing more then when people get up on there high horse and give it to people who say they speed. This is a performance forum after all. Yes this guy may have contradicted himself a couple of times...but he did not deserve this massive flaming.

Yesterday i got up to speeds of 300 in a 100 zone...prove it!!!

Edited by H1Rolla

Armstrong has just renamed the thread "closed".

Sticking my own neck on the chopping block here I'm sure, but I'm quite annoyed at the flaming myself, I think it says more about everyone else other than Armstrong. I wouldn't be surprised if 100% of the ppl posting in this thread have tried to do big speeds in their life at some point either...

How can Armstrong be a troll, he's been a member since June or July? As funny as lolcats are, I wish someone would really close this thread and give the guy a break.

Gav.

We don't want this to be like the US forums with all the flaming and all eh. I partially agree with chicaboo, but at the same time armstrong kind of brought it on himself by posting replies with breaks in his story (which has been pointed out). If you're going to continue with replies, at least try and be accurate and not all over the place. As for posting your speed, I don't think there is much you should need to panic about. They can't do you for what you've done. That said, if they were that concerned, they would take note of who you are and keep an eye out for you on the road. I doubt that would happen though.

This is my highest speed recorded as per GPS (I have been higher and not happy that I didn't record that) and don't have a single worry about showing it here.

dsc02756ah5.th.jpg