Gen 4 - Blue Vision Globes

Milgram

Auto Barn had a special on the Phillips Blue Vision headlights the other week and I am curious to know if they are a standard fit into a Gen 4 Camry.

From what I can tell, they are Halogen and 12V but the gas inside operates at a higher temperature thus the colour of the light emitted is not the standard yellow.

blue vision are hardly blue, so you won't have any problems. they're just a bright white.

as far as im aware, pretty much every states' legislation says that any forward facing headlight must be either yellow or white. so you should be safe

Edited by lateralus

Blue Vision globes are ADR approved. So are the Vision Plus, GT150 and X-treme Power (+80).

Crystal/Diamond Vision globes are NOT.

I had Blue Vision globes in the Camry before the X-treme Power, they are hardly even "blue". The light that comes out is a yellow white, not a "xenon white".

thats y i dont use philips globes,

a jap brand called BJ Union fire up pure white - even though the bulb is blue, the light you get is white white, not yellow daylight white like you get with the others.

• 9 months later...
Auto Barn had a special on the Phillips Blue Vision headlights the other week and I am curious to know if they are a standard fit into a Gen 4 Camry.

From what I can tell, they are Halogen and 12V but the gas inside operates at a higher temperature thus the colour of the light emitted is not the standard yellow.

HI my question is if using blue ie: white lights; how do they perform if you get caught in a fog? I suspect you would have a problem.

HI my question is if using blue ie: white lights; how do they perform if you get caught in a fog? I suspect you would have a problem.

In reference to those bulbs with a light blue tinting to give a whiter light, depending on how good your eyes are, they perform okay. They are definitely worse than a more yellow light, but not as bad as those eBay ones with a heavy blue tint to try and make the output really blue/white.

sometime they said is blue, but you need to look at the temp rate, like 4200k 4750k, they are still yellow, but if you look from

5000k is white, abit of blue, 6000k and up, they have alot of blue.