Top Gear Australia gets a new host

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story...4-10388,00.html

Top Gear Australia has replaced host Charlie Cox with Trumpeter and Ex-car show host James Morrison.

I wonder if they will find the footage of James Morrison rolling one of Neal Bates' celica's into a ball at Rally Oz one year.

I think its good that they are getting rid of Charlie, but bad choice...

that blows! charlie was the best out of the three aussie top gear presenters....the other 2 really bugged me, charlie was perfect for the show...owellz i jst guess its gonna be downhill for top gear australia from here on in....

Damn, I was hoping Glenn Ridge would get a guernsey on a half decent car show for once....

yeah i second that too...tht man is pretty awesome when it comes to car show presenting...

They should replace them all with Northy, DHC and myself :P

That would be epic :P

Episode 1: An interview with Webber, Northy saying POOWRRRR all day, Super's guide to Nebo and lakeside, and me racing with a GTR vs Super n North with the tilt train :P

Episode 2: Finding Australia's best driving road!!

what about someone that can drive and has in the past driven at the top level in something

mark skafe

mark webber while his leg gets better

larry perkins

jim richards

***** johnson

john bowe

rally car driver neil bates

some of the v8 supercar comentators

where did they find him scuba diving of the Qld coast looking at whats left of the reef while trumpeting to a school of fish

i got a feeling that he will be playing Bonanza when when the stig is going his run around the track :wacko:

:help: the show is in trouble :help:

I think this would be a bigger turn off than a crack whore. Every time I hear those commentators I want to gouge my ear drums out.

Its all well and good to use a race driver to talk about cars, but most race drivers are aligned with a manufacturer so might be biased. Not to mention they may very well be a boring in front of a camera when describing cars and not how their race is going. Bowe or Jim Richards might be interesting and seem like friendly chaps. Brad Jones is always good for a laugh on The Panelbeaters.

I doubt any of the V8 supercar drivers have any personality, let alone the time to spend on a show thats most likely going down the tube.

i say let the folks of ATOC vamp it up a bit ;) ;) ;) ;) lol

I would prefer none of the hosts be able to 'officially' drive properly.

Half the fun with Clarkson/Hammond/May is that they are all a middle class Journalist/DJ/Pianist who just happen to have a hobby for cars. The only one who needs to drive well for testing purposes is The Stig.

Keep Warren the cartoon man, but get rid of Steve Pizatti as well... replace him and Charlie with someone like Daryl Somers (ex 'Hey-Hey its Saturday'), Ian 'Dicko' Dickson, Vince Colosimo (the curly headed guy from the Wog-Boy/Underbelly), or even Shane Warne.

Edited by Leroy

Half the fun with Clarkson/Hammond/May is that they are all a middle class Journalist/DJ/Pianist who just happen to have a hobby for cars. The only one who needs to drive well for testing purposes is The Stig.

Keep Warren the cartoon man, but get rid of Steve Pizatti as well... replace him and Charlie with someone like Daryl Somers (ex 'Hey-Hey its Saturday'), Ian 'Dicko' Dickson, Vince Colosimo (the curly headed guy from the Wog-Boy/Underbelly), or even Shane Warne.

You've hit the nail on the head with that one. The guys don't have to be drivers, just car enthusiasts that are entertaining.

Isn't Richard Burns still in Oz? I would like to see him - he's a least presentable.

The only Richard Burns I know of is the rally driver, and he's dead.......which some would say is more presentable than Charlie Cox, but I don't quite agree there.

Agreed wholeheartedly. C*ck-head and Gerbil-face (as I call them, Cox and Pizatti respectively) aren't presenters, they're drivers who can talk to a camera. We need the opposite - presenters who can turn a steering wheel with some modicum of capability. Warren Brown has that in a James-May kind of way, but Gerbil-face (despite being an advanced driving instructor and Porsche factory driver) giggles like a school-girl over anything more exciting than a Hyundai Getz, and C*ck-head drones on like a Beetle at cruising speed - no emotion, enthusiasm or general likeability

I think this would be a bigger turn off than a crack whore. Every time I hear those commentators I want to gouge my ear drums out.

Its all well and good to use a race driver to talk about cars, but most race drivers are aligned with a manufacturer so might be biased. Not to mention they may very well be a boring in front of a camera when describing cars and not how their race is going. Bowe or Jim Richards might be interesting and seem like friendly chaps. Brad Jones is always good for a laugh on The Panelbeaters.

whats wrong with crack whores? hosts should be harold from neighbours, that guy from deal or no deal and peter everett northy can be the stigg