Opinion

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will suit your car better when you get a GT wing and 19" Chrome wheels...

please dont.

Exactly.

If you want to do up your car, get some nice (non chrome) 17-18" wheels, maybe lower it, tint your windows, add a nice stereo and subbie, add a HID kit and call it perfect.

Dont put retarded accessories on it that screams RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!

hey i did some photo shoping to see what my rolla would look with gt racing stripes and mesh grill and bottom grill thing. i think it looks ok i think ill do it for real when i find a gold vinyl guy, what do you guys recon?

Somehow, this wouldn't be such a good idea, mainly because the corollas were never meant to have GT racing stripes put on them... and the fact is an XR4 and XR5 turbo came with this style. Its not something you would really want, do you really want your car to look like a Ford :(

I completely agree with the others, find a decent set of Rims, maybe consider lowering it, and please don't get Chrome 'DUBS' they aren't the best for a corolla, if anything, go for the C-One look :D then your ride will be one of a kind :clap::toast:

Yeah man, that will look hot.

I think it will really match that TRD front lip/ TRD wheels/ custom CAI/ custom spoiler/ supercharger with that sweet whining noise...

Anything else I forgot that you're not purchasing, but made a thread about?

In my mind, GT stripes are called GT stripes because they tend to be found on cars which have some connection to the word GT. Like a Falcon GTHO, or Shelby Mustang GT500, or Ferrari GTO. They don't tend to belong on cars which have connections to the words "shopping trolley" and "base model".

And even if you were to put GT stripes (I prefer to call them racing stripes, since they are more predominatly a race-car thing) on a Corolla, I wouldn't be doing blue on white. In Australia, that amounts to sacrilege amongst the great unwashed, as it automatically looks like you're trying to make a humble Corolla look like an XC Falcon Cobra or Shelby.

I think it will really match that TRD front lip/ TRD wheels/ custom CAI/ custom spoiler/ supercharger with that sweet whining noise...

Snap

Its ur choice, but I personally dont think that would look good a ZRE, im going for the the Sleeper look with less is Best.

Just follow my lead, If someones done it to an excel and you thought it was horrible dont do it to a Corolla lol

In my mind, GT stripes are called GT stripes because they tend to be found on cars which have some connection to the word GT. Like a Falcon GTHO, or Shelby Mustang GT500, or Ferrari GTO. They don't tend to belong on cars which have connections to the words "shopping trolley" and "base model".

And even if you were to put GT stripes (I prefer to call them racing stripes, since they are more predominatly a race-car thing) on a Corolla, I wouldn't be doing blue on white. In Australia, that amounts to sacrilege amongst the great unwashed, as it automatically looks like you're trying to make a humble Corolla look like an XC Falcon Cobra or Shelby.

Snap

:P :P :P :P

Stop basing everything you want on everyone else's opinions, do what you want.

Though... im up for a chuckle, do it!

Stop basing everything you want on everyone else's opinions, do what you want.

Though... im up for a chuckle, do it!

yes Will u still havent taken my advice from all the other threads where u've asked ppl's opinions ..... dude .... DO WAT WILL MAKE "YOU" HAPPY ....... y are u so insistent on getting clarification from others ? whats the worst thing that can happen ..... u dont like it and u pull it all off ..... big deal.

Everything I was wanting to say was pretty much summed up by Hiro Protagonist:

In my mind, GT stripes are called GT stripes because they tend to be found on cars which have some connection to the word GT. Like a Falcon GTHO, or Shelby Mustang GT500, or Ferrari GTO.

In my opinion, it only truly works for those cars with traditional race styling. Even the Ford Falcon GT Cobra doesn't pull it of nicely:

cobrammca0.jpg

Where is Spillage? I think I'll have to PM him.

Seriously do your braking, handling and performance (and in that order) before you do your 'go fast' cosmetics

Seriously do your braking, handling and performance (and in that order) before you do your 'go fast' cosmetics

in all honesty i beg to differ ..... i'd go performance then handling & braking @ the same time ...... u have no idea what sort of handling & braking u need unless u knw wat sort of performance ur gonna run ..... i wouldnt put the same setup on a car running 150kw vs 250kw ..... that would b silly

in all honesty i beg to differ ..... i'd go performance then handling & braking @ the same time ...... u have no idea what sort of handling & braking u need unless u knw wat sort of performance ur gonna run ..... i wouldnt put the same setup on a car running 150kw vs 250kw ..... that would b silly

For someone such as yourself who from what I have read has taken a structured approach to your development this is fine, but as has been seen over the years with the V8 and Turbo imports crowds a lot of people who are working on tight budgets go "performance then brakes and/or handling, wait a minute I'll spend that extra cash on more performance now instead of brakes and handling and leave that for my next chunk of cash" the end result being a car that is overpowered and under braked and likely to crash