My Camry 0-100 in 6.1secs

3N1GM4

Yeah, i know, but my speedo is 6 km/h slower than stock thanks to changing the needles. I just can't get it right. I also clock anywhere from 5.5 to 5.9 secs on this clip so i've been pretty lenient with 6.1 i think

Ok. Its got a custom cold air intake with AEM pod, a Cat-back (part 2 1/4" and part 2 1/2") exhaust with a 7.5" Cannon (5" tip), and a heavy duty clutch. Many more mods but that's all for engine mods. Not quite sure if there is any other mods that i don't know about, as all engine mods except for the cannon were done when I purchased the car.

anyone here can validate this?

not saying its not true, just dont normally see a gen4 v6 dashboard go so quickly.

I just find this all this a little bit false. Did you like strip out your interior or something? It's just odd that a 1440kg Camry with 145kW can go 0-100 faster than a 1615kg TRD Aurion with 241kW. Surely stock to stock comparison, that is a difference of 175kg, but with those figures in mind, I wouldn't imagine it enabling you to go 0-100 around the 5.5 second region like you mentioned.

You sure you have the right size tires on?

I just find this all this a little bit false. Did you like strip out your interior or something? It's just odd that a 1440kg Camry with 145kW can go 0-100 faster than a 1615kg TRD Aurion with 241kW. Surely stock to stock comparison, that is a difference of 175kg, but with those figures in mind, I wouldn't imagine it enabling you to go 0-100 around the 5.5 second region like you mentioned.

You sure you have the right size tires on?

thats about right m8.

camry's are just so bloody heavy, those of you who have 2.2L gen4.5 4cylinders just absolutely SUCK. an echo/yaris, mazda 323, or even a 1.5L toyota starlet would be able to go faster than a bloody camry, from 0-80km/h.

turn on the airconditioning and the 98kw on paper, 95kw @ the wheels will degrade to 87-90kw @ the wheels.

so i find it hard to believe a normal v6 with 2 parts catback changes goes faster than...many audi S-series.

I can go from 0 to 15cm in half an hour while watching Kate Beckinsale?

i dont believe you, what hill were u traveling down on? i do 0-15cm in 2hours with her in my window hehe

hot hot hot hot

well....whatever then. That's why i put the clip up. Why would i be lame and make it up. I've raced a modded Forester and just beat it 0-140km/h. I've also taken out loads of V8's. But whatever. Maybe my 1/4 Mile time will prove it.

well....whatever then. That's why i put the clip up. Why would i be lame and make it up. I've raced a modded Forester and just beat it 0-140km/h. I've also taken out loads of V8's. But whatever. Maybe my 1/4 Mile time will prove it.

yes .. 1/4 mile time would go along way for saving your skin from these cannibals.

^LOL.... yeah and your car has more power than the camry in the clip... (imagine if you had the Manual gearbox 5.5sec? LOL)

that sure is a camry 97-01 model. we own a camry, and according to my GTech the quickest 0-100 for me is 7.8sec

all i can say that was quite entertaining! :) was it on a flat road or hill?

Edited by leasaunce

BWA HAHAHHAHA!

This ain't legit unless you have more mods. Considering I have a TRD SC 1MZ Auto with a 1 off intake and can't even touch that.......

Oh, and the fact I have friends with a 5-speed SC @ 4PSI 1MZ Gen 4 that aren't even that fast.....

i know.

why dont u go 2 a track with official timing and get your friends to record it.

i mean, if this camry does in fact get 6.1secs, it would, as you say, beat HEAPS OF CARS right?

all them v8's and other super uber turbo/na cars gone! so, not only will u beat opposition car, but it would attain 5.5secs on the official timing, all for us to see!

:nopity:

Edited by Wixy

I will get a time for ya's then...I'm happy to be wrong. But I owned a 03 REX and i can feel the time would be very close to what i've recorded if it's not dead accurate

Seat-of-the-pants dyno/drag strip can be very deceptive. When I drive my g/f's AE82 it feels a lot more powerful and probably faster than my AE102, yet mine has more power (and they're probably line-ball over the 1/4 due to the extra weight of the 102 and the extra revs of the 82). It's all in the delivery.