On the dyno again

good work... makign the same power as mine...

you should be able t smoothe out that lift transition more though... but i am not sure you can adjust the iginition timing with a camcon??????

Thanks what mods have u done?

My exhaust had a bad join and was leaking, I have a few more things ready to go so Im hoping to get more power next time.

I got these results with about 30min on the dyno dont want to spend too much on tune as it will only need doing again soon.

The camcon cant do ignition, not sure if there is much hp gain on ignition

you should be able t smoothe out that lift transition more though... but i am not sure you can adjust the iginition timing with a camcon??????

My exhaust had a bad join and was leaking, I have a few more things ready to go so Im hoping to get more power next time.

I got these results with about 30min on the dyno dont want to spend too much on tune as it will only need doing again soon.

I'm running Emanage Ultimate + Vmanage

ported headers, custome 2.5" exhaust with Varex Muffler, TRD CAI with ITG foam Pod.

when you tweak the timing you can cure the shocking lurch in the changeover point.

Plenty of gains to be made from tuning the ignition and injectors... bee down that road MANY times.

edit: i still need to tune 7500 RPM and up... so i am aiming for 130 ish at the wheels.

I'm running Emanage Ultimate + Vmanage

ported headers, custome 2.5" exhaust with Varex Muffler, TRD CAI with ITG foam Pod.

when you tweak the timing you can cure the shocking lurch in the changeover point.

Plenty of gains to be made from tuning the ignition and injectors... bee down that road MANY times.

edit: i still need to tune 7500 RPM and up... so i am aiming for 130 ish at the wheels.

I was thinking about getting the Emanage Ultimate as I want to raise the rev limit as you can see im still making good power up there

8500 would be good. But only after I do my oil pump. Sounds like I could get some more power with the ignition too.

hehe nice job!

whats the camcom btw? i've got no idea what it is.

Camcon is a fuel and vvti controller

I am able to add or remove fuel every 500 rpm and advance the vvti cam every 500rpm (Not the lift changeover)

I asked one of the guys over at 'autojoy' in Parra whether the camcon would work on corolla sportivos - he goes "only for the sportivos made in Japan, they don't work for the ones made in SA". They tried installing one once, didn't work. Shows how much they know...

So it would work for an 05 sportivo?

hehe nice job!

whats the camcom btw? i've got no idea what it is.

Camcon is a fuel and vvti controller

I am able to add or remove fuel every 500 rpm and advance the vvti cam every 500rpm (Not the lift changeover)

I asked one of the guys over at 'autojoy' in Parra whether the camcon would work on corolla sportivos - he goes "only for the sportivos made in Japan, they don't work for the ones made in SA". They tried installing one once, didn't work. Shows how much they know...

So it would work for an 05 sportivo?

Yea I have a JDM corolla works fine on mine.

I cant see why camcon would not work on other 2zzge engines. They use the same sensors (Air flow and cam angle sensor)

Camcon is just modifying the signal from the engine nothing to do with the ECU.

They work on American Matrix/Corolla and JDM celica

Edited by matt_glad

• 1 month later...

How much bhp you have on your sportivos as a stock?

We have 192bhp as a stock on our tsports and you have the same engine, right?

Do you calculate some kind of different way your horses or what? :blink:

One guy at the UK just dynod he's TS, with K&n typhoon, custom backbox and camcon and he got 204bhp engine power and 187bhp wheelpower. Almost everyone have dynod over 200bhp engine power with just k&n and new backbox.

I made 121KW with just a TRD CAI, ITG Filter, CES ported headers and CES catback system. Stock ECU nothing touched internally....

I would of thought with replacement/piggy back ECU and the above mods 130+ would be a fairly achievable mark.

How much bhp you have on your sportivos as a stock?

We have 192bhp as a stock on our tsports and you have the same engine, right?

Do you calculate some kind of different way your horses or what? :blink:

One guy at the UK just dynod he's TS, with K&n typhoon, custom backbox and camcon and he got 204bhp engine power and 187bhp wheelpower. Almost everyone have dynod over 200bhp engine power with just k&n and new backbox.

We mainly measure at the wheels in Australia. I notice the UK/Euro dynos try to factor in drive train losses to give a flywheel figure.

I made 121KW with just a TRD CAI, ITG Filter, CES ported headers and CES catback system. Stock ECU nothing touched internally....

I would of thought with replacement/piggy back ECU and the above mods 130+ would be a fairly achievable mark.

Im almost there with 127kw, I know that when I sort the rest of my exhaust out I should be over 130kw

Currently there as a bad join going from 2.5 inch mid ppe to a JDM Blitz which is only 60mm also the blitz muffler at the rear has about a 40mm hole where the exhaust gas's go.

Have some more tricks up my sleeve which should get me closer to mid 130kw

Gotta remember.. Dyno are only a tuning tool. The numbers pretty much means nothing from dyno to dyno.

Hit the tracks to get a more accurate idea of what your car is capable of.

mine.

Its horsepower at the wheels not kw, and its slightly below 200, but yes that is the truth. And no intake, standard intake system. Oh and its definately still na.

ahahaha whoops. Typo. Was wondering what all the fuss was about.

Yes 200hp atw... With a stroked 2zz, exhaust, headers, cams and short ratio box. Its a beast.

BKS, i thought u were a member on owf, you would have seen it on there.

ahahaha whoops. Typo. Was wondering what all the fuss was about.

Yes 200hp atw... With a stroked 2zz, exhaust, headers, cams and short ratio box. Its a beast.

BKS, i thought u were a member on owf, you would have seen it on there.

yeah i am a member there... and no i havent seen it... wow man.. would love to pick your brain on the stroker kit, cams setup you have some day.