2009 ASEAN/ TWN/ CN Camry Update

ToyotaFreak

Unlike the previous thread, which turned out to be nothing more than a mid-life equipment update for China, a facelift is confirmed this time, with spy shots, bar any disguise (Except for covered up badges.).

Here is what we can expect for the updated Aurion. At least for the exterior.

There are rumours that the updated Asian market Camry will debut at Auto Shanghai 2009.

498545b078d55_550.jpg

498545a03be67_550.jpg

498545ae1d1c4_550.jpg

498545a25cc73_550.jpg

498545ac0bdab_550.jpg

Sources:

http://news.cheshi.com/gcxc/200902/90336.shtml

http://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/showpo...mp;postcount=10

It sucks that they are bringing out the chrome grill. Well....................it sucks for me.lol. Once these come out, my Aurion with the chrome grill will just blend in with factory models. , and wont look so different from the rest.

Might have to sell my beast when that happens.

Ive been seriously thinking about selling my beast anyways. Not till about 6 months though. Im thinking on buying a Nissan 350Z Roadster convertible, pewter colour. Not new of course, I unfortunately dont have a spare $90k laying around. It will have to be one with about 50-60k on the clock. Hopefully get one for about $40k. Their warrantys last for 100,000Km, which is pretty cool.

It will really come down to, how much money i can save from now till then, and how much I will get for my beast.

I love the Aurion, but orginally brought it for the seating capacity. Now my misses has her Dodge, i can afford (seating wise) to get a 2 door sports car.

Hopefully I can get around $20K or more for my beast, as its only done 21Km on the clock.

Edited by BONDIE

I wonder how reliable are the Dodge anyway...

if they are 1/2 as reliable as the Japanese brand that would be good otherwise they could change their name to Dodgy...

(btw never liked the Dodge current lineup, squarey and boxy design not my cup of tea...)....

If i trade away the Aurion, I would be looking at getting a Kluger instead :D

if they are 1/2 as reliable as the Japanese brand that would be good otherwise they could change their name to Dodgy...

(btw never liked the Dodge current lineup, squarey and boxy design not my cup of tea...)....

Naaahhh dude, your confused.

Im not getting a dodge. I just brought my misses a dodge. I will be trading in for a Nissan 350Z Roadster Convertible, Pewter colour.

So i was thinking I dont need a 4 door anymore because my misses has the dodge, so now i can get a 2 door sports car.

But i do agree, the dodge is a boxy car. But it has all the bells and wistles on it. Itll speak german to you it you want it to. It even came with a bose sound sytem, subwoofer. The soundsytem hammers.

Kluger - you should atleast be able to push some 22"'s on that sucker. My mate at work just brought one, they seem like a nice car.

Edited by BONDIE

dont like anything about the new bits on the aurion...

mmmmmm roadster....i like!!!

but dont sell ur aurion....a roadster doesnt suit u man its too pritsy....letting ur hair blow in the wind with ur top down.............nup cant emagine it....ur aurion is bad @ss and ur explorer is the gangsterest thing ive ever seen....u going to loose ur reputation man :lol:

Edited by eSEXSIX

Im not getting a dodge. I just brought my misses a dodge. I will be trading in for a Nissan 350Z Roadster Convertible, Pewter colour.

So i was thinking I dont need a 4 door anymore because my misses has the dodge, so now i can get a 2 door sports car.

But i do agree, the dodge is a boxy car. But it has all the bells and wistles on it. Itll speak german to you it you want it to. It even came with a bose sound sytem, subwoofer. The soundsytem hammers.

Kluger - you should atleast be able to push some 22"'s on that sucker. My mate at work just brought one, they seem like a nice car.

I only give you permission to get a 350Z on the grounds that a HKS supercharger kit is added ASAP. What's another $14k?

BTW, doing any engine work on them is a horrible, horrible experience.

Nah mate I'm referring to your missus Dodge...

See yank cars and reliability does not fall into the same sentence, dont think it ever will for another 2 decades...

Probably like most European cars, get rid of it before the big 100k service, if not less... (Australian conditions are just too harsh for alot of euro and yank cars...)

If i'm getting the Kluger, i probably at least take it to the dirt trail or the beach so probably end up getting aftermarket rims and tyres from coopers...

I came into the conclusion that you get abused (road raged at...) when you driving a small car, I was on the receiving end for one when I was slow out of the round abouts coz I saw a beemer coming and he didnt... (bloody tradies...) So concluded that f*#k the environment and get myself a car with presence on the road... lol :D

Interesting....

Not sure about the taillights, the round ones suited the sports models so the base ones can have the new set.

Id be interested to see more pics of the front bumper & what the Sportivos look like with that bumper....