$950 government handout

If anyone is spending on their cars, Whiteline, King Springs, Superpro and Nolathane are all Australian.

Might be worth a mention since it has pretty much been forgotten about. The Alcopops tax actually hasn't been passed in the senate; now you all know where some of the money is coming from ;)

brakes upgrade by the looks of it.. some dba product some bendix product.. hrm.. hope thats australian enough :P

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is spending on their cars, Whiteline, King Springs, Superpro and Nolathane are all Australian.

Might be worth a mention since it has pretty much been forgotten about. The Alcopops tax actually hasn't been passed in the senate; now you all know where some of the money is coming from ;)

brakes upgrade by the looks of it.. some dba product some bendix product.. hrm.. hope thats australian enough :P

Haha, kings Springs for me, install FTW :P

Evo

Probably a bit late on contributing, Leroy is correct. Especially after finding out certain things today. (CRIMINALS/SERIAL KILLERS GET THE MONEY TOO)

It's not just spending on infrastructure as such, but money being spent to create job opportunities (there are numerous ways this can happen without much of a hitch). Hell getting a small project started only takes about a couple of weeks to approve if they're that keen to stimulate the economy. Start by building houses to accommodate those in need of a roof. We have a major rental housing shortage, especially now where people can't meet their mortgage repayments and have to sell their house and go back to renting. My more than reliable sources at Suncorp Metway have said they're seizing houses because people can't meet the repayment deadline. You think we had a problem with rental property last year? You wait for a while and next 3-4 months will be major disaster, and rent is only going to go up unless the Government really start doing something.

The way I see in from an economy point of view, putting money into hospitals and infrastructure is way more effective. Think about it, how long would it take for the many 'out of job' people to make the $900 within a week or two? Instead of giving handouts to those undeserved people (i.e. Petrol sniffers, law breakers, those who refuse to work and sit at home getting the dole milking the taxpayers for all they're worth).

Plus what is the guarantee that they will be spending it on the economy the correct way? I'm a Marketing Manager for a corporate travel company and I see all my clients coming in booking flights to overseas destinations that they had planned a long time ago anyway. Asking them about the extra money they're getting, they say they're taking it with them to spend overseas. COME ON!

Yeah OK, the government hand is tied and it's forced to go into deficit to boost the economy. Those who have no education would say "OH MY LORD HE'S SPENDING OUR MONEY AND GOING INTO DEFICIT AGAIN". The major problem here is we're going about it the wrong way.

I especially have a problem with those who (shall I leave the racial background out of this) have 6 kids, milk the government and just sit at home doing bugger all? They get $900 for not doing anything, another $950 for being a single parent. And from what I was told an extra $950 for each kid they have. I'm sorry to say this but that is my tax money given to those who don't deserve a single cent.

/end rant

but me, a uni student who doesnt have much time to work, doesnt get squat...aint life fair haha

That doesn't make sense Jay, didn't you work last year, if at all? If you did, and you are currently unemployed, you will still get the bonus :D

Evo

for 1zz owners - BUY my Blitz SC!! (with addition of 2k lol).

i found this on ato website, hope it helps..

http://www.ato.gov.au/corporate/content.as...p;page=2&H2

so sad that students who work and earn under 6k threshold will not be recieving the bonus.. :(

I especially have a problem with those who (shall I leave the racial background out of this) have 6 kids, milk the government and just sit at home doing bugger all? They get $900 for not doing anything, another $950 for being a single parent. And from what I was told an extra $950 for each kid they have. I'm sorry to say this but that is my tax money given to those who don't deserve a single cent.

Haha, this reminds me of an absolutely ludicrous court ruling in Britain a few weeks back.

As their prison system is completely overcrowded, the Govt made the decision that certain groups of 'low risk' offenders would be let out - they would be deemed to have served their sentences and be considered free.

Rather than be happy that they'd literally been given 'get out of jail free cards', these prisoners got together and sued the Govt for lodging and boarding costs. Their argument was that now they were out jail, they had nowhere to go to and no jobs - therefore the Govt should be forced to pay them the equivalent of what it was costing to keep them housed and fed in jail.

They won...

Now if they can win that, perhaps we should try and sue our Govt for mismanagement of our funds - after all, we would have better hospitals, schools, and roads if we weren't forking out multiple payments to pockets of people that have never helped themselves... <_<

Edited by Leroy

Instead of giving handouts to those undeserved people (i.e. Petrol sniffers, law breakers, those who refuse to work and sit at home getting the dole milking the taxpayers for all they're worth).

Plus what is the guarantee that they will be spending it on the economy the correct way? I'm a Marketing Manager for a corporate travel company and I see all my clients coming in booking flights to overseas destinations that they had planned a long time ago anyway. Asking them about the extra money they're getting, they say they're taking it with them to spend overseas. COME ON!

Yeah OK, the government hand is tied and it's forced to go into deficit to boost the economy. Those who have no education would say "OH MY LORD HE'S SPENDING OUR MONEY AND GOING INTO DEFICIT AGAIN". The major problem here is we're going about it the wrong way.

/end rant

VERY TRUE...all my money given to people don't deserve a cent, fXXk that..

Edited by justbeatit

From what i've read, mind you, it has been very interesting to see that alot of people think alike, we all would like the cash handout BECAUSE ITS FREE (you'd be stupid not to take it)but at the same time we lose our nations surplus, and infrastructure is a hot item mentioned on here by quite a few peeps, and advertising

"cough cough" lift yo'.... mate i'll give you my $900 check for your s/c, think about it, 2 years later still trying to sell it on the net or news paper all the electricity and advertisement fee's will add up to by my calculations to be around $2100 so save the time and hassle and i'll just fix you up now for it :D

everyone who had a political view all just about stated it as i would of thought (people in the red corner and people in the blue corner) and its interesting to see what the populas thinks of the current and past governments stance on this whole economic dowturn/recession thats about to pick up its speed and go to sh$t, and who people think should be leading our nation thru these times.

so to sum it up better the devil you know yeah? and also i'm spending my $900 on lift yo's s/c if he takes my offer which should be lookin like a cupcake to a fat kid, pretty frikin tasty :D or maybe something like sock and jocks.

giggidy goo.

From what i've read, mind you, it has been very interesting to see that alot of people think alike, we all would like the cash handout BECAUSE ITS FREE (you'd be stupid not to take it)but at the same time we lose our nations surplus, and infrastructure is a hot item mentioned on here by quite a few peeps, and advertising

"cough cough" lift yo'.... mate i'll give you my $900 check for your s/c, think about it, 2 years later still trying to sell it on the net or news paper all the electricity and advertisement fee's will add up to by my calculations to be around $2100 so save the time and hassle and i'll just fix you up now for it :D

everyone who had a political view all just about stated it as i would of thought (people in the red corner and people in the blue corner) and its interesting to see what the populas thinks of the current and past governments stance on this whole economic dowturn/recession thats about to pick up its speed and go to sh$t, and who people think should be leading our nation thru these times.

so to sum it up better the devil you know yeah? and also i'm spending my $900 on lift yo's s/c if he takes my offer which should be lookin like a cupcake to a fat kid, pretty frikin tasty :D or maybe something like sock and jocks.

giggidy goo.

ahahah.. yeah bro how about i just save all the hassle and just give u the SC... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...