$950 government handout

so as the heading says "what are we all gonna do with it" whether it be put into shares bills or cars ETC ? whats everyones view on it, is it "a good thing" or "a bad thing". well either way i know where i'm looking to invest whatever part of it get, my car :) yep i'm supporting the motor industry on this one. the way i see it if they wanna hand me back some tax money i'll take it! my car could do with some TLC or modifications LOL

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is better off being spent on infrastructure. I am biased towards construction since I work in the industry though :P

As the replies so far, bar Simo 'cause he is Ostrayan, are all pretty much going to fund, or at least half fund overseas industries. If the handout is passed and I qualify, that would be a first for me, I'd do my best to find something Australian to buy. The idea is to not invest the money, it is meant to be spent to get the economy going again. Do I think it'll work? No, no stimulus package thus far as worked, so why keep trying the same method. Built some ****!

I think it is better off being spent on infrastructure. I am biased towards construction since I work in the industry though :P

As the replies so far, bar Simo 'cause he is Ostrayan, are all pretty much going to fund, or at least half fund overseas industries. If the handout is passed and I qualify, that would be a first for me, I'd do my best to find something Australian to buy. The idea is to not invest the money, it is meant to be spent to get the economy going again. Do I think it'll work? No, no stimulus package thus far as worked, so why keep trying the same method. Built some ****!

Whatever we do with it, I am sure we will be paying it off with increased taxes for years to come. It is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. The only way to stop a recession is to create jobs through infrastructure spending, not giving out lollies to the kiddies.

Whatever we do with it, I am sure we will be paying it off with increased taxes for years to come. It is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. The only way to stop a recession is to create jobs through infrastructure spending, not giving out lollies to the kiddies.

Thankyou very much... finally, some intelligent life in this country.

Can you believe 20,000 morons have joined a facebook group entitled "Don't let Malcolm Turnbull take away our $950"?

We shouldn't talk about this though... DHC09 will come along and tell me to join a debating forum again. :ph34r:

Its proven now that the labour govt only knows how to spend and gives out cash.. they have NO idea whatsoever on how to manage an economy.. Did the mistake once over the christmas... fine.. im over that.. NOW AGAIN?! They clearly dont learn from thier mistakes.. stubborn bunch of idiots..

:) The whatever 12 odd billion could have been better spent on more schools, health, better infra or anything USEFUL... Maybe we should put the words "multiplier effect" into their small brains...

<End of Rant>

My thoughts.

Handout is a total waste of time, gambling and most goods for sale in australia aren't australian

Infrastructure ain't bad, but hey, how many stupid roads do we need

Invest the money into research and development and education in australia to push the country forward and make us even better in the future. I think the money on schools is a brilliant idea. So are insulation and panels, but lets do stuff we haven't done before.

I for one would be happy to quit my job and spend countless hours on R&D with all the forum members here building a revised 2zz we can put into every car in the country.

My thoughts

whitestivo

We shouldn't talk about this though... DHC09 will come along and tell me to join a debating forum again. :ph34r:

:P At least most people most understand this issue, and can some what contribute to a healthy discussion.

I personally think its a waste of money as well. Like how long will the spending of the $950 last? 2-3months? And do we suddenly come out of rescission when all that is spent?

The irony here is that its an expensive "cheap fix". But you can't deny it, it sure does win the votes of low-income families. Mind-games yO

The labour government should also be sending refugees back the way they come too, there aint enough to go around us let alone some other sponge (I am an idiot i swear).

You have no way near the intelligence nor the background knowledge to even begin talking about that issue. So please sit back down to your beer and techno.

At least Leory has some brains.

Edited by DHC09

as much as i do like ppl seeing joy i just cant c how this solves the issue at hand ...... i would much rather my tax $'s (which they are simply giving back to me only to take it back again end of this financial year) spent on something a bit more worth while ..... i mean go and build something ..... invest in something ..... do something useful with the money on behalf of australians to create jobs ...... i am pretty dissappointed knowing that most of this cash is probably going to be pushed into alcohol or drugs or pokies or some other form of un-necessary expenditure ...... oh well.

The labour government should also be sending refugees back the way they come too, there aint enough to go around us let alone some other sponge (I am an idiot i swear).

so when r we shipping u back to the UK in chains simo on an olden day wooden sails boat as used in her magisties navy :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

So what, people being made redundant left right and centre, and yet centrelink is full of bloody sponges, makes no sense...

so by this logic refugees = sponges ??????

i agree i am not too impressed by the fact that my tax $'s pretty much get handed over to a bunch of bludgers ..... however to implicate that all these scum are refugee's i'd have to say ur 110% mistaken ..... simply put maybe sus out the beaches for surf boys who basically bludge @ the beach and im sure they wont be refugee's and if u stroll the streets of redfern im sure u will find evidence of non-refugee's leeching the system ...... what am i getting at ..... its not a RACIAL problem ....... race has nothing to do with it ...... its peoples attitudes to a free meal ticket as opposide to treating it as a helping hand .......

personally im of the opinion if u want to be on the take from the government then the government should put these people to work ...... be it cleaning up public places, to looking after public gardens, to other various ways of helping a hand in the communitee ...... anywhere and anything that needs attention which doesnt have a means of being completed because no one has the money to pay for it ..... these people should b put to work on that.

to your statement regarding redundancies ..... lets not forget what some of these top exec's and CEO's are walking away with these days even though everything is going to crap and partially from most of these guys faults .......

rugged, i should of worded it better, that was nothing to do with race, I meant, why let more people in when people who are already here are finding it hard to get work and being layed off (like my mum who had a high paying government job) and handing over large amounts of cash to them, makes no sense to me...

i think its time to take this down now QUOTE (Blind Kid Seeks @ Jan 16 2009, 10:12 AM)

you make me proud to b Australian Simo... thanks! :D

all i can say is $950 is big price to pay for a cheap spending spree, all this goverment as shown us is it has no fresh ideas and is following the united states in policey

as for what ill be spending it on? if im intitelled to it, not really sure

allso agree with what superdave said in spending australian, but in a more general way. choose a locally built cai or suspension set up instead of going overseas for eg

rugged, i should of worded it better, that was nothing to do with race, I meant, why let more people in when people who are already here are finding it hard to get work and being layed off (like my mum who had a high paying government job) and handing over large amounts of cash to them, makes no sense to me...

The attitude you have is not very Australian for some who claims to be a very proud one. I thought part of being an aussie is lending a hand to those in need and less fortunate than us.

Your connection between your mum getting fired and helping the refugees shows how naive your thinking is. She got fired because the government doesn’t need her anymore. It has nothing to do with refugees. Lay-offs happens every day (with refugees or not), it’s just the way it is.