Wondering what is the CORRECT tyre pressure

dannywss

Running tyres with 235/40/R20

I checked the recommended pressure, is 34-36, provided by bobjane.

I asked my mate for advice, he gave me 38psi.. so i took the one in middle 36psi..

Does anyone know how to check if you have the correct pressure? bcoz i have seen the harm/problem that wrong pressure will destroy the tyres..

thanks

A few variable can come into play such as how much weight is in the car, the surface of the road being driven on, and not to mention the actual tire itself. Usually when they provide you with a recommended figure, they tend to be the most suitable for everyday driving. Unless we all have the exact same tire, there is no one ideal answer.

When I got my Adrenalins, Bridgestone recommended 36 PSI all round. So far it seems to be a good level and is not causing any uneven or excessive wear.

Running tyres with 235/40/R20

I checked the recommended pressure, is 34-36, provided by bobjane.

I asked my mate for advice, he gave me 38psi.. so i took the one in middle 36psi..

Does anyone know how to check if you have the correct pressure? bcoz i have seen the harm/problem that wrong pressure will destroy the tyres..

thanks

Dood every tyre is diffrent my rears are 44psi and my fronts are 36psi it depends on manufature and style of tyre go with what bob jane told you over pumping your tyre can have nasty tyre explosion and could cause death as it has previously to people that have over pumped there tyres.

Azza

• 10 months later...

Aurion Touring, 2008, stock 215/60R16

Bridgestone RE001 Adrenalin on front, stock Dunlop Sport SP 300E on rear

had a trip on new years day with full car

so I pumped to 240 kPa (was 210 kPa) as recommended by drivers door

the ride is actually smoother!

and maybe its my head but I feel body roll is reduced

You need to run 38-40psi in those 20's. The less volume of air you have inside a tyre the higher the pressure they need to be run at. Also the tyre should have a maximum save psi pressure moulded in the side wall.

Careful with using the max pressure rating on the tyre, it's a "max" pressure and not a recommended running pressure. If you pump your tyre up to the max rating on the tyrewall you'll suffer a significant loss in grip as well as uneven tyre wear.

Any figures or opinions for 205/50/R17? I'm currently running 38 psi but unsure if it should be more or less.

36-38 should be ok, ultimately how the tyres wear will show what is the correct pressure as to low the shoulders of the tyre will wear and to high the centre of the tyre will wear excessively.

On my TRD with 245/35/19's with a maximum recommended pressure of 45psi, I prefer to have them around 40psi and I get good wear from them.

Just remember that the pressures shown on the tyre placard inside the drivers door jam is the MINIMUM recommended pressure for the tyres fitted to the vehicle.

I use same pressure as dealer does, tried to pump it up- nothing good(easy wheel spin, cornering not good). Guessing its minimum which states on door label. My stock dunlops lasted me around 30Ks and adrenalins around 45ks two sets each, driving style anything except slow.

Edited by avstral