Painted engine cover

JIN

what colour is it now? it was 70 bucks and then i did the blue writing myself

Why didn't you have that when I saw your car :(

Looks hot man, will look better with a nice shiny intake sitting right next to it.

ohh stop.....ur getting me exited lol im counting down the sleeps to ill get it dont u worry ;)

BK...paint it black if the majority of stuff under there is black.....or red if u want to increase ur Kw

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it's that stock, kind of dark grey colour.

ool8006.jpg

picture taken from ascendant rice

^^

lol its already black and red seems a bit too much for me.

ool8006.jpg

^^

lol its already black and red seems a bit too much for me.

Paint it flouro green or something really out there lol :P

Evo

lols i give up, its staying stock :lol:

good 5 minute discussion woo !

I like opposing but complimentary colours on cars - blue and silver, black on white, etc. As it would be a silly idea to paint it black, something like red would be nice if you could implement the colour somewhere else into the engine bay or inside the cabin.

Adub is going to be panda, might think about some red highlights as everybody knows they give you another hundred killerwasps.

Edited by the_random_hero

i just asked toyota to dress up my engine bay before i took delivery of the car...

there was a bit of confusion though... i asked them to dress it up, but they put a red s/c in there instead... :huh:

http://www.forghani.net/forum/files/snc00021_132.jpg

:P hehehe

rowan, that looks amazing man!! good job!

Edited by SecaBoy

shame you did lines, but if you put a good solid coat on, she will be good :D

Lines?

Just an update on the pics. Here are a couple with it on.

dsc03546.jpg

Hi DJKOR

I really like the Black Emblem and want to do this for my car.

Did you remove the emblem with a hair dryer and if so, what did you use to stick it back on after you painted it.

Thanks in advance for any tips...

I really like the Black Emblem and want to do this for my car.

Did you remove the emblem with a hair dryer and if so, what did you use to stick it back on after you painted it.

Thanks in advance for any tips...

I removed it after leaving the rear in the sun for an hour (was parked at the shops before hand). I removed it by then sliding fishing wire underneath. That emblem seemed to stick a little harder than the other emblems I removed. To stick it back, I first tried some double sided adhesive tape from Super Cheap Auto that was made for emblems and looked to be the same stuff, but after a day or two it looked like it may fall off after a month of exposure to the elements. I didn't want to take the risk of it falling off so I removed it again and stuck it back with some clear silicone. It's going nowhere now*.

* Now I've said that, it will probably fall off sometime soon then get run over by a car behind me.

I would love to paint my toyota emblems gold (i have a black sx6) but getting them off will be a *****. The Aurion and sx6 lettering on the rear end was hard enough to get off let alone this one which is set back.

* Now I've said that, it will probably fall off sometime soon then get run over by a car behind me.

I hope not! for your sake.

It looks so good.

I have seen a black Toyota emblem online somewhere but I'm not sure if it was the fat late model emblem or the smaller older one.

Do you think it would be possible to mask and paint on the car? Probably a big ask I guess.

BTW did you etch prime the chrome of prep it in any way?

Do you think it would be possible to mask and paint on the car? Probably a big ask I guess.

BTW did you etch prime the chrome of prep it in any way?

No no no no no no no no, dont mask it on the car, you'll get overspray & everything all over the car.

Its really not hard to pop out. I took the boot liner off the lid on my car & pushed a small Allen key onto the pins on the back of the badge so it lifted it up. I also used one of those silicon cake mix scape things to get underneath while cutting along the mounting tape.

When painting I only lightly sanded, then just put on layer after layer of black.

Re-mounting it I folded newspaper into a square, sat it over the badge & tightly taped some masking tape over the top. Tape directly onto the badge could peel off the paint. Leave it in the sun for a few hours & it should be fine. I didnt add any more mounting tape, just used what was already on the badge.

I've done that twice now & it doesnt even feel loose.

Edited by apg39

ool8006.jpg

taken from me??? Thats johns car. my car is white :D

• 1 month later...

The engine covers look real good when painted up. You boys have done a great job. I particularly like the dark Toyota badge too. Would look great against my SIlver Ash Aurion.

Have any of you guys seen or considered painting the centre console and changing it from that ugly looking silver? I did it on my Supra years ago but it was a pain in the ***** and and I don't know if i could be bothered again.

The engine covers look real good when painted up. You boys have done a great job. I particularly like the dark Toyota badge too. Would look great against my SIlver Ash Aurion.

Have any of you guys seen or considered painting the centre console and changing it from that ugly looking silver? I did it on my Supra years ago but it was a pain in the ***** and and I don't know if i could be bothered again.

That's a very interesting idea!

Would also need to do the two silver "stripes" on the doors and across the dash to tie it all in.

What colour though?

That's a very interesting idea!

Would also need to do the two silver "stripes" on the doors and across the dash to tie it all in.

What colour though?

Green FTW. I actually love this effect. Would only work on a green Aurion though.

Link: Some pIcs of My Green CamRy (Page 4)

c9d4ca24e180.jpg

b13aab76cb40.jpg

Question. any body know how to remove the gear lever??? mine just spins round and round and round and round and round and round.....(you get the picture)

cheers in advance

Question. any body know how to remove the gear lever??? mine just spins round and round and round and round and round and round.....(you get the picture)

cheers in advance

PM 51DER he has changed his

You can remove the shift knob by unscrewing it, it will take about 20 turns or there abouts. After about 12 turns it should get to the point where you can 'flick' it and it will sin till the end then you just lift it off. Maybe yours may be a bit threaded on the inside. Try rotating it anti-clockwise while pulling up gently. AS I said, it will take a fair few turns.

The shift lever on the other hand won't come off unless you pull the sifter assembly apart.

What colour though?

Green FTW. I actually love this effect. Would only work on a green Aurion though.

WOW! that is amazing!

I don't know what I would do with my cars interior, but the imagination is running wild at the moment.

Cheers for the advice will have a crack later today. BTW, checked out that russian site and i have got some real inspiration from it, let you know if i ever start something