BNE. Fatpipes Dyno Day

Don't expect to see any results guys. Their dyno was set up to run RWD only. They said we can run but they won't be able to put the fan in front. Not worth the risk and the results wouldn't be accurate too. Disappointed.

I've had my car run without the fan before. All it did was give me decreasing power figures across the three runs. Was meant to be 2 but they did the extra as the figures were too different.

Went something like this; 116kW, 114kW, 110kW; a good show of heat soak at its best.

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't expect to see any results guys. Their dyno was set up to run RWD only. They said we can run but they won't be able to put the fan in front. Not worth the risk and the results wouldn't be accurate too. Disappointed.

I've had my car run without the fan before. All it did was give me decreasing power figures across the three runs. Was meant to be 2 but they did the extra as the figures were too different.

Went something like this; 116kW, 114kW, 110kW; a good show of heat soak at its best.

Rowan and I were having a good think about it before we pulled out. We had the feeling that it should be able to take it, but then again, what if something doesn't go so great. As well, it seemed that the best runs they were getting were the third run (maybe the operator) and at that rate, there's no way our figures would be what we were hoping.

fukin w*nkers didnt even say that it wasnt going to be fwd...useless setup too

dave where did u go to get your dyno done? and any places to recomend?

im going to run it through brenden about a dyno day seing he recons theres going to be a TOCAU one. dont think there will be much interest tho

Edited by ELEGNT

guys, i'm very disappointed for you both also.

i was chomping at the bit to see some results, as all the aurions are all that little bit different.

that is bs, how did the evo's and wrx run??? or did they not turn up

whitestivo

i was chomping at the bit to see some results, as all the aurions are all that little bit different.

whitestivo

yeh bs is what you call it

nar there was 95% tough as v8's so we didnt fit in, 1 or 2 rice, no rex's or evo's either

im planning a dyno day in about a month for us and the anyone else here that wants to join

dont think there would be much interest tho as most of use have been on. so there will just be aurions again i would emagine....maybe nate will come and battle us :P

whitestivo

nar there was 95% tough as v8's so we didnt fit in, 1 or 2 rice, no rex's or evo's either

im planning a dyno day in about a month for us and the anyone else here that wants to join

dont think there would be much interest tho as most of use have been on. so there will just be aurions again i would emagine....maybe nate will come and battle us :P

I think you would get heaps of interest if it wasn't like another muscle event at Kallangur.

Something to be careful is not having to close to the official annual dyno day at CES. :o

Gav.

whitestivo

I think you would get heaps of interest if it wasn't like another muscle event at Kallangur.

Something to be careful is not having to close to the official annual dyno day at CES. :o

Gav.

it will just be a Toyota one if i can get enough people just post it in a few sites like ozcelica ozcamry toymods etc. 4's and 6's only (bar northy he can come too lol it will be like going to a street meet and then the top fueler comes out haha)

just waiting on SB's reply on it tho

when is the CES one? and where is CES? is that where dave did his? ^^^^^

Edited by ELEGNT

Hmm... my SV6 would have... 143rwkw.

I could always bring out the race spec 4A-GE to battle your Aurions... :spiteful:

CES is at Meadowbrook...

Northy's car would be too powerful to be run at CES. You're Aurions would be right though...

whitestivo

Gav.

it will just be a Toyota one if i can get enough people just post it in a few sites like ozcelica ozcamry toymods etc. 4's and 6's only (bar northy he can come too lol it will be like going to a street meet and then the top fueler comes out haha)

just waiting on SB's reply on it tho

when is the CES one? and where is CES? is that where dave did his? ^^^^^

ill be putting the Yaris on the rollers down at CES so look out for some BIG numbers....

hey rowan... if you just want a power run, most workshops with dynos will let you book in to get a power run done... its slightly more expensive than these dyno days, but not by much...

the places that i know of that can actually operate a dyno are Mercury(as much as i hate admitting that), APC(again, it pains me!), Maxfix, Crossley, CES, Northside 4x4 and Milanco(dont know if they're still around or not lol)...

just call them up and see if you can pop in one day and get it done... :)

or, wait for the tocau dyno day.. :)

In addition to the cost saving though, a dyno day would probably be more worth it because that way you have other like cars that you can compare against as every dyno varies and so do the surrounding conditions. I will probably wait till we have an organised dyno day.

Guys dyno day at CES will be great fun as they have been in years gone by. As we now have a broader variety of cars not 15 odd sportivos battling it out and a few 1ZZ's!!

Same dyno same day is the way to compare results!!

We will have trophies, some prizes and if every pre books I will have some categories for the dyno day as well as the trophies for the show and shine. So aurions v aurions, corolla's v corolla's etc etc. Usually a max of about 25 cars so be sure to book in or miss out. Will confirm date in august shortly.

CES' dyno is a 2WD dyno rated to a max of 300hp.

300HP max? is that all???

seems a little low for a normal dyno, no?

what happens if my exhaust has added 52HP??? do i win a prize for breaking the dyno? hehehe

so is someone gonna start a thread so we can put our names down?

also, why in August? seems like ages away...

whitestivo

The mighty 5sfe will take on all you aurions!... kidding, but I wouldn't mind knowing a base power figure for my car.

just for the aurion guys that went to fat pipes....6cyl class winner went to that BA that pulled 190hp.....makes me even more angry that i didnt get on

trophy looked awsoome too!! was a massive piston and rod with engravings of your name/car and class you won on it...

that would of been ours boys....

just for the aurion guys that went to fat pipes....6cyl class winner went to that BA that pulled 190hp.....makes me even more angry that i didnt get on

trophy looked awsoome too!! was a massive piston and rod with engravings of your name/car and class you won on it...

that would of been ours boys....

Wait... What :o

190hp? thats nothing.... you guys would OWNED that :yahoo:

Evo