What to do when getting chased?

iVaz

Hey All,

Okay I know this is probably not the perfect place to put it, but today, me and a mate were at a Maccas and these 5 people, in a P plate car, gave us the finger, so being us, we gave chase, and chased them down the street, then after about 20 minutes of chasing them, some MERC A Class pulls out, and chases US, pulling out knifes and screaming "PULL THE F$%^ OVER" and well, the MERC driver + 2 passenger, were pretty serious, they like 'faked' swerves into my Corolla (Obviously, I don't mind crashing mine as mine would be significantly cheaper & is worth lesser value than theirs) so I just held my line, doing around 100K'M on a 60K stretch of road. So we hit the HWY, trying to drive to a territory with our crew in it, and well, on the HWY they drove off...

And well, I'm wondering, what would you do in our situation?

- I know this is so stupid and childish, but I'm 18 & am still learning the hardway.

- Please don't suggest call the cops... Because I'm pretty sure we would get owned too...

Edited by iVaz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Don't chase people over them giving you the finger, cause this sort of thing can happen! 20 minutes, WTF? Lesson learned I hope...

2. If you get chased for what ever reason, go to your nearest police station, or a well lit public venue with security cameras if you can't do that.

3. If you believe you are truly in danger, a friend in the car can ring 000 to get some assistance and advice, maybe find your nearest cop car.

4. If none of that is likely to help you, don't forget you have a brake pedal, that comes in handy while they are beside you.

Then you can turn around in a hurry and GTFO out of there (refer to 2 and 3). Try not to drive like a retard during all of this...

Gav.

1. Don't chase people over them giving you the finger, cause this sort of thing can happen! Lesson learned???

2. If you get chased for what ever reason, go to your nearest police station, or a well lit public venue with security cameras if you can't do that.

3. If you believe you are truly in danger, a friend in the car can ring 000 to get some assistance and advice, maybe find your nearest cop car.

4. If none of that is likely to help you, don't forget you have a brake pedal, that comes in handy while they are beside you. Then you can turn around in a hurry and GTFO out of there (refer to 2 and 3).

Gav.

I think I like number 4... Yeah, we sorta did that, but we just hit the HWY as it seemed more 'safer'

but we just hit the HWY as it seemed more 'safer'

Not according to Morpheus .............

:) I wish I had a samurai sword right now.

first of all..i dont know y mofo`s like these exists..have been seein alot of them around lately..

is it the "BE A FKIN DIKHEAD" season?

i would suggest u drive right into a police station :) i would LOVE to c them follow you..

p.s keep something in the car which u can USE for the car and for self defence as well eg. torque wrench..

Edited by J e r e M y

So you chased someone, the tables were turned and now you're having a whinge... Too bad the guys with the knives didn't get you IMO.

Ever considered not chasing the guys in the first place?

Merc A-class the gay, i would have pulled over n asked y'd u bring your moms car

u should have easily out run them or pull over at a busy place

next time keep a club lock in your car its the unpredictable wepon

img-uk_cars-P023c1c48dbb7b8b4877.jpg

I think the lesson here is that you should not give chase to others over an incidence like that, and try not to annoy others on the road to prevent this from happening to you.

For safety, keeping a 4-6D Maglite in the car won't hurt.

Off topic: That is a massive signature you have there. I think you should tone it down a little.

Why bother with chasing them for 20mins??? Petrol is pricey these days :D

Just give them a few honks and be on your merry way.

Its also good to keep some nice big long tools in your cars, just in case you blow a tyre so you need a nice 20" breaker bar for leverage to remove the nuts :lol:

Now, if some stupid p-plater managed to damage my car on purpose then that is a completely different story...

Its also good to keep some nice big long tools in your cars, just in case you blow a tyre so you need a nice 20" breaker bar for leverage to remove the nuts :lol:

I guess so, but my mates said don't carry anything that can be used as a weapon as if cops pull you over, you could get in trouble, for having a weapon ready to use.

And yeah, petrol is kinda pricey, but IMO, it was actually fun, had the adrenaline pumping and all :) Gonna do it again, next Saturday, but this time come with lots of people.

I guess so, but my mates said don't carry anything that can be used as a weapon as if cops pull you over, you could get in trouble, for having a weapon ready to use.

And yeah, petrol is kinda pricey, but IMO, it was actually fun, had the adrenaline pumping and all :) Gonna do it again, next Saturday, but this time come with lots of people.

you are an idiot...

i thought you would have learnt by now that you could have been in deep****

you are an idiot...

i thought you would have learnt by now that you could have been in deep****

I did, but this time we going back to look for those two cars, and well, pay back, I think...

OMG, I think this thread is best closed as it's just plain stupid now. You go ahead and do what you want. I'm a believer in natural selection... some people just have to learn the hard way.

I know this is so stupid and childish, but I'm 18 & am still learning the hardway.

You really think you are learning?

It's my awesome first car

Won't be so awesome once someone wrecks it after you p!ss them off.

OMG, I think this thread is best closed as it's just plain stupid now.

Yeah alright, how do I close it?

There aren't yet enough replies in this thread telling you what a complete and utter douchebag you and your mates are. 20 minutes? Are you kidding us? You're lucky those blokes didn't lead you to a cop shop and raise the issue there, you and your wannabe gangster mates would be proper f***ed then. As if they weren't going to call in backup if you were doing something that stupid anyway.

Go on, go out next Saturday on a witch hunt. Hopefully I'll see you on the 6 o'clock news.

iVaz: I think you should start worrying about parking your car and leaving it unattended now...

Seriously, you reap what you sew, and I can't believe you're trash talking more of the same after having the tables turned on you already...

Gav.

haha like what happens if they drove home and into their driveway LOL that would be pretty funny, following them till they pull into their driveway. As for being chased, drive slowly infront of them :) i mean like 15-20km and when u can go behind them and highbeam :) or you could just put ur indicator on left and drive straight instead or whatever to lose them ? LOL

ps. i doubt the cops would do anything LOL so stop saying it, the person could easily turn around and say its coincedential. Cops got better things to do :) than something so small like this

Edited by mrs.sportivo

haha like what happens if they drove home and into their driveway LOL that would be pretty funny, following them till they pull into their driveway. As for being chased, drive slowly infront of them :) i mean like 15-20km and when u can go behind them and highbeam :) or you could just put ur indicator on left and drive straight instead or whatever to lose them ? LOL

ps. i doubt the cops would do anything LOL so stop saying it, the person could easily turn around and say its coincedential. Cops got better things to do :) than something so small like this

It's not so much about what the cops do, it's about them not stabbing you in front of the cops...