QLD Twincam.org Darlington Park Track Day

Hey Guys,

Just thought I would open up the invite to all the QLD guys here to come and join in at the next Twincam.org trackday. The date is set for the 11th of June, so this gives everyone a bit of notice. Full details can be found here Twincam.org Track Day

Shaohaok, Northy, Pippy and Myself all attended the last one back in February and we had an awsome day....

So if your interested Post here or PM me and I will let the organisers know

List Of Drivers Attending

MAP81 - Paid

Shaohaok - Paid

Pippy - Paid

Northy - Paid

wei wei - Paid

Edited by MAP81

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Might have to count me in as a spectator possibly (you think my missus will let me race my car - she goes nuts when I drag at the lights)

Forgive me if I am wrong, but is that the Shao-Ming Warrior leaving the cameraman in his wake.....

zzzzzoooooooooooooommmmmm

Might have to count me in as a spectator possibly (you think my missus will let me race my car - she goes nuts when I drag at the lights)

Possibly ditto to spectating ... and definitely ditto to missus/racing! :lol:

c'mon u wuuusssssssiees!!!  :P

it's just like the usual "cruises" thru the mountains, only that it's much safer and fun.

spectating is going to be booooooring. and u will wish all day that u were running.

Yeah, I'm a wuss, I admit it! :P

Having said that, though, I watched a show on Briz 31 yesterday about the Saturday sprints at QR ... I'm now planning on getting a good Starlet and putting it to good use ... the 1ZZ-FE in the 1200kg Rolla wagon might not set the world on fire, but I wonder what it would do in the 800kg Starlet?? B)

I really miss the mini-drifts I used to do in my old Starlet, and that was with 55kw, minus some kw for the poorly designed (but lovely sounding) sports exhaust.

c'mon u wuuusssssssiees!!!  :P

it's just like the usual "cruises" thru the mountains, only that it's much safer and fun.

spectating is going to be booooooring. and u will wish all day that u were running.

Who you calling a wuss Shao :P I'll race on any track anytime (if my wife'd let me :( )

The joys of being married!?!? sometimes i wonder if the positives outway the negatives. MMM not even going to bother to try and work that one out. :unsure:

yeah there is shao,

its a tight circuit which involves starting at the entrance to milton maccas and proceeding through the crowd of habibs and their fully sik rexies then turning left onto milton road and hitting lift just before u reach the set of lights where u do a hard left then back on the gas into lift, slow for another hard left then watch the bumpy road and more habibs as u approach the entrance to the maccas again. :lol:

yeah there is shao,

its a tight circuit which involves starting at the entrance to milton maccas and proceeding through the crowd of habibs and their fully sik rexies then turning left onto milton road and hitting lift just before u reach the set of lights where u do a hard left then back on the gas into lift, slow for another hard left then watch the bumpy road and more habibs as u approach the entrance to the maccas again.  :lol:

Or you could always negotiate the slalom course at the dat#3 carpark...the only issue is concrete poles arent too forgiving on your bodywork :(

yeah there is shao,

its a tight circuit which involves starting at the entrance to milton maccas and proceeding through the crowd of habibs and their fully sik rexies then turning left onto milton road and hitting lift just before u reach the set of lights where u do a hard left then back on the gas into lift, slow for another hard left then watch the bumpy road and more habibs as u approach the entrance to the maccas again.  :lol:

Or you could always negotiate the slalom course at the dat#3 carpark...the only issue is concrete poles arent too forgiving on your bodywork :(

Or Circle-Work (in reverse) across the road at Suncorp.... :P

• 3 weeks later...

All those who are considering coming along just to spectate by all means feel welcome to, but...... yes there is always a but

I really think you should reconsider driving not only for the fact that it is awsome fun but when spectating you will not really get to see too much of the action as you have to stay within the staging areas, and I am pretty sure the provided lunch is only for the drivers.... so you might get a bit hungry :unsure:

Here is a pic that shows where you have to be and how much of the track you will be able to see (highlighted in blue)

post-151-1114602285_thumb.jpg

wat happened the last time was, after lunch, we get split up into 2 groups. each group occupies each track. then we swapped halfway thru.

apparently they were going to join the 2 up to form the complete track at the end but then ppl were exhausted and cars were tired as well...

Edited by shaohaok