Hey all.

Just received my twm short shifter today and about to go install it :D

p1000853web.jpg

600g of shifter knob goodness, it's very smooth too :lol:

p1000852web.jpg

Will post more pictures when it's finished

Hey ....

Cool looking shifter.

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to some mods so please bare with me and my question......

What's the feeling when using a short shifter to a stock shifter?

I.E .... Smoother?, More direct? Ect ect ......

Sorry in advance if this is a D#%K of a question....

Cheers

SILVERBACK

hey grats on the shifter and bushings etc.

i have had the same time for about 6 months now but insstalld a few months back, ( except the bushings in engine bay)

i love it! shifts are so much shorter swing. also the bushings make it feel more direct and not so squishy.

i should do the the engine ones this weekend!

Hey ....

Cool looking shifter.

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to some mods so please bare with me and my question......

What's the feeling when using a short shifter to a stock shifter?

I.E .... Smoother?, More direct? Ect ect ......

Sorry in advance if this is a D#%K of a question....

Cheers

SILVERBACK

More 'notchy'/direct, etc. Takes a lot of play out of changing gears, extra weight on the knob helps too...

...Right, disregard that last bit :P

It's really nice and such faster shifts. I haven't done the shifter cable bushings yet. I'll do them tomorrow, but so far wow :D

Just with the base bushings it's much more direct. I wonder if there'll be a noticable difference.

Too dark to take photos so I'll get them up tomorrow sometime.

I haven't done the shifter cable bushings yet. I'll do them tomorrow, but so far wow :D

Let me know which kind of cable bushings you'll install.

I'm interested on them.

Let me know which kind of cable bushings you'll install.

I'm interested on them.

The shifter cable bushings are the ones I'll be installing tomorrow. They're the two bronze bushings on the left of the top picture.

good work mate...im grabbing the TRD hsort shifter of Andy is his "parting out sale" lol...am grabbing it tomorrow morning and will put it in tomorrow night :) looking forward to a change like this :) catch you on the weekend

* for sat and sunday we can cruise in together if you like? im living in doreen now so can come past your house....your in bundoora / south morang or something

Edited by jaderd

Hey Kenny BTW where did you get the 600g 6 speed knob...from TWM ? looking on website i cant see it .....just wondering as i may end up looking at getting one if the normal stivo knob doesnt feel weighty enought with TRD shifter setup

good work mate...im grabbing the TRD hsort shifter of Andy is his "parting out sale" lol...am grabbing it tomorrow morning and will put it in tomorrow night :) looking forward to a change like this :) catch you on the weekend

* for sat and sunday we can cruise in together if you like? im living in doreen now so can come past your house....your in bundoora / south morang or something

Yeah We'll cruise in together just turn into my estate from plenty rd. And the 600g gear knob is the Big type R one from TWM. Although if you're just buying the gearknob it might be alittle expensive lol.

$116 USD for the knob and $47 USD for shipping.

Yeah We'll cruise in together just turn into my estate from plenty rd. And the 600g gear knob is the Big type R one from TWM. Although if you're just buying the gearknob it might be alittle expensive lol.

$116 USD for the knob and $47 USD for shipping.

U knob. Woosieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee .........

ALthough having said that, i might get one because the leather wrapping my stock knob is coming loose from the aggresive shifting.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P :P :P

U knob. Woosieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee .........

ALthough having said that, i might get one because the leather wrapping my sotkc knob is coming loose from the aggresive shifting.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P :P :P

Lol I didn't pay much for mine the whole package came to $255 USD only $320 AUD.

I'm just saying that getting the shift knob by itself might post a bit.

Lol guni sure it's the leather wrapping. Surely it's got to be the massive left forearm you have not, it's too big and you don't want it to

get any bigger :lol:

hey simon! if u get one let me know, ill get one with ya! =]

looks awesome and i wouldnt mind getting a weighted gear knob.

that should save on the shipping :)

Love their new gear knobs. Shame they didn't have it back then when I ordered it. I've just got the stainless desert eagle, 600g of metal B)

Do you have lots of finger prints on the SS gear knob?

No not really.. I tend to give it a wipe after driving anyways lol.

What's the advantage of having the heavier gear knob ? It requires a lot more force to shift - wouldn't that make shifting slower ? In comparison, the trd quick shifter comes with a 38g knob.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i think...

The heavier gear knob is meant to reduce the effort required to change gears.

Using a short shifter, actually means that you increase the effort required to change gears by simple physics.

1. Lowering the shifter by 2.5", means that you'll have less leverage

2. Increasing the fulcrum point height to reduce the shift movement, also means less leverage

Therefore the heavier gear knob in principle is to offset this increase in effort.

Edited by l_suy