Rear exhausts

I found a few Exhaust manufacturers that make the Aurion twin exhaust especially engineered for the 07 Camy (07 Aurion) in the U.S

This one for example

www.borla.com/media/installations/11758.pdf

This is especially perfect for me because the flanges fit and it can be done by myself easily. And most of all I don't have to go through an Exhaust fitter to exaggerate costs of up to $900+ for just a set of Exhaust tail pipes.

Does Australia stock Borla or any other twin rear exhaust with correct flange offset for more performance than stock? I've searched for days and starting to loose hope in the Toyota aftermarket in Australia.

I want like this...

sq1ahy.png

Edited by MartysAurion

Any changes to just the rear muffler are not really going to provide you with any gains in my opinion. If you are wanting to get gains, you will need to work from the engine all the way back, starting at the point at the front where the 'y-pipe' is.

Those Borla mufflers though would be good for those that want to get something with a guaranteed and clean fit and don't mind doing it themselves.

DJKOR,

I'm just after a nice note for now. latter when I get back from Bangkok I'll add extractors and a full exhaust utilising the aftermarket Tail Pipes.

I'm going to take her to AAA Exhausts next week. They gave me a quote of $300 the pair. So not so bad as compared to the extreme quotes at Exhaust Technology.

It's really funny because America have loads of 07 Camry mods for the twin exhausts. But then again there not total Ford and Holden heads too :P

they are exactly like mine pretty much

2a0gdg6.jpg

0 performance increase, gives you a nice note tho not loud just enough to know u got something there, if u wanted to go more aggressive, remove your center muffler or replace with a hot dog, still not loud but a nice groul

Edited by ELEGNT

Cheers mate,

Where did you get your twins from? I'm not after a super loud setup, just an octave or 2 higher :) I had a loud exhaust in another car and after a while I got over it.

Appearance is important too, so the stock just doesn't pack the punch for me.

It would be awesome if all members posted their twin setups.

i got mine from a local exhaust place, they are supercats, they are supposed to be really good for there price.

if u just want it a bit louder something like this is the way to go mate.

when somethin new is installed to this motor initially it sounds louder and it must be ecu related as it quietens down after a few 100 k's, keep this in mind. when i first got my rears i didnt want them loud at all much like you. they sounded good at the start then after a wile it was just to quiet for my likeing still i wanted some bark so took off the center muffler and replaced with a hotdog. that was a REALLY unique and nice sound and cut all the drone out. i then after a wile took that off and am now running no center muffler just 3" pipe. initially really load but now it has quietened off and has not to much drone, nice purr on the highway and a tough bark when you up it.

rear mufflers are just the 1st step man trust me, once u do that ull be wanting to try more :P

Thanks Kia Kaha for the teasing :P

It would be awesome if all members posted their twin setups.

Since you asked:

4 inch double wall tips (Twin Oval Varex)

dsc03569.jpg

dsc03940u.jpg

2 1/2 mate $300 doesn't include fitting. It shouldn't take longer than 30 minutes tho if there a fit. If there not I'll order the Borla's because who knows what excuse they will come up with for the right fitting, I don't want to pay $500 in labor.

Nice pics guys. Any pics of the rear exhaust where the flange joins and the mufflers?

Without going out and taking another photo, this is the closest I've got. (was taking a photo of rear sway bar):

dsc03751a.jpg

is this the stock TRD Exhaust??

That's a genuine TRD exhaust built for the Camry V6, but not the one the Australian TRD Aurion uses.

See in the States, you can buy TRD branded parts from dealers with relative ease. They can even fit them and provide warranty. Their parts list is a bit restrictive in some things though.

That TRD exhaust is said to just be Borla mufflers tied in with some really neat cat-back pipe work. They do look extremely neat however and reasonably priced. Only problem is, if you wanted it shipped here, it would be a bit pricey or quite a delay.

Stock for reference. I have booked her in Tuesday morning to have Lukey's fitted on her. A few mates of mine have them and they sound perfect. $450 the lot is an awesome quote :) happy indeed!

Make sure to take a video of it as well.

Word has it that someone has just done something to their exhaust. I'm looking your way Ingres.

I've talked to Australian Performance Centre here in Perth and including custom made extractors and full 2.5 inch system they claim approx 10% power gain and a price in the region of $2800

Seems a bit rich to me.....

I wouldn't be surprised about a gain from doing so, but 10% may be a bit questionable. Some guy in Texas with a V6 Camry (2GR-FE) has found that you can get a gain in performance just by fixing the front merge in the exhaust.

As well, a guy here in Australia who has transplanted a 2GR-FE into an MR2 got a 10hp gain by doing extractors for his and removing the cats.

The way I see it is that you can get some gains out of this engine while keeping it N/A but for some reason, maybe due to the design of the engine or the ECU, the gains are very small and don't help towards justifying the costs. The ECU seems to always be adjusting itself to provide the best fuel economy for the given driving style.

To me, the cheapest gains you can get from this car is improving the way the power is planted to the ground and weight reduction.

Stock for reference. I have booked her in Tuesday morning to have Lukey's fitted on her. A few mates of mine have them and they sound perfect. $450 the lot is an awesome quote :) happy indeed!

Make sure to take a video of it as well.

Word has it that someone has just done something to their exhaust. I'm looking your way Ingres.

OMG, how did you know? Drew just help me with it at noon time today, just managed to get back to work this afternoon, damn your info is fast mate.. :)

I've talked to Australian Performance Centre here in Perth and including custom made extractors and full 2.5 inch system they claim approx 10% power gain and a price in the region of $2800

Seems a bit rich to me.....

CES here in BNE gave me a quote for the TRD for the Y pipe + 3 inch system with 2 1/4 inch rear mufflers in S/S $3500. This was a little while ago now so it may be a bit out of date.

OMG, how did you know? Drew just help me with it at noon time today, just managed to get back to work this afternoon, damn your info is fast mate.. :)

Good communication is the key :lol:

I want to see photos.

I want to see photos.

Just something simple, haven't clean it yet, the road today is so dirty .. hahaha.. Sorry for the bad photos also, just a quick snap and post

ingrescarrear0007resize.jpg

ingrescarrear0006resize.jpg

ingrescarrear0005resize.jpg

I want to see photos.

Just something simple, haven't clean it yet, the road today is so dirty .. hahaha.. Sorry for the bad photos also, just a quick snap and post

ingrescarrear0007resize.jpg

ingrescarrear0006resize.jpg

ingrescarrear0005resize.jpg

I was a bit worried the left one was slightly off centre, but looks spot on in that picture :)