Snowflake Produces The Goods

I didn't want to mention the surface, but in PL we don't have any drag track. The times were achieved on normal concrete or street asphalt surface. The surface wasn't clean and perfectly flat.

We are about 170 meters above sea level.

Polish 1/4 mile is 402,xx meters. No difference here :P

We mostly use TAG Heuer equipment.

I'm sure on proper track stock T-Sport is capable of 14,6 - 14,7... You just have to know how to drive it.  B)

So you are saying, out of everyone who has been to the drags here in oz... noone knows how to drive the car? Do you think it is not possible/probable that there are some differences other than 'driving ability' at hand here if noone can even get close to the times you are suggesting possible stock standard?

Don't knock the poles. Esp when driving... :P

Yeah, you'll put a dint in the car :P

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

imek - I see you points and im not saying im the best driver around here...

I know. I just wanted to say, that if you practiced more, you'd surely get better times...

Blade Hunter, shaohaok

CTS has more extras than Sportivo.

The pressure is similar.

The fuel in PL is really bad.

And it seems only you understood my posts as somehow offensive. Really didn't mean to be offensive, but you took my posts personally and said things, that although were not directly for me, are far more offensive than what I said. So now I see how the phenomenon works... :(

ok. let me be blunt.

practising will really only get you that far and only that bit faster. if danthuyer went there and practised as much as he wants perhaps a 14.7, if all the conditions were favourable, like wind, temp, traction etc. i can't honestly see 14.6- 14.7 STOCK.

a STOCK astra turbo with 147kw/250Nm effortlessly manages a 14.6-14.7 on that same strip.

for u to come out here and say a stock t-sport on a proper track should do 14.6-14.7 and that u just have to know how to drive it, really i find quite insulting. wat are u trying to insinuate?! because i honestly don't think that polish t-sport drivers somehow reside at the upper end of the bell curve.

judging from your mods list u should be into the 13s, with a bit of practise.

until u ship a car over here or we ship a car over there, i really don't think that u are in a position to pass judgement like that.

don't tell us how big your grasshoppers are until u've seen our kangaroos.

practising will really only get you that far and only that bit faster.

Sure, thats what I'm sayng. I'm sure danthuyer is able to do 14.5. Maybe his tyres are not good for drags, maybe his wheels are to heavy? I don't know. Maybe if he takes of with clutch dump and flat shift he'd be able to shave off .2 s? It all takes practice, and this is the only thing I'm saying.

for u to come out here and say a stock t-sport on a proper track should do 14.6-14.7 and that u just have to know how to drive it, really i find quite insulting.

So I guess this is your problem... But I don't think its a reason to insult me.

wat are u trying to insinuate?!

Nothing. Just: "practice makes perfect"

because i honestly don't think that polish t-sport drivers somehow reside at the upper end of the bell curve.

Me too. I even think australians are better as far as drag races, coz drags started in PL only 4 years ago!

judging from your mods list u should be into the 13s, with a bit of practise.

I understand this is sarcasm... But maybe you'll be happy to hear, that my friend with stock CTS beats me by .1 s on 1/4. You know why? Because he practices more than I.

until u ship a car over here or we ship a car over there, i really don't think that u are in a position to pass judgement like that.

I'm planning to come to Aus next year for holidays. Will not take my car, but will see how I manage on one of your drag tracks :)

don't tell us how big your grasshoppers are until u've seen our kangaroos.

Dont take everything so personally. Your hair will turn gray. :D ;)

Maybe my written english is not polite/good enough, but I really didn't want to insult anyone. If anybody still feels insulted, I'm really sorry.

Martin.

Edited by imek

imek - I see you points and im not saying im the best driver around here...

I know. I just wanted to say, that if you practiced more, you'd surely get better times...

Blade Hunter, shaohaok

CTS has more extras than Sportivo.

The pressure is similar.

The fuel in PL is really bad.

And it seems only you understood my posts as somehow offensive. Really didn't mean to be offensive, but you took my posts personally and said things, that although were not directly for me, are far more offensive than what I said. So now I see how the phenomenon works... :(

I was extremely careful with my wording in trying to explain to you WHY your post came across offensive.

CTS does NOT have more extras than Sportivo as far as I know.

When I was in England researching the costs of CTS, it was more expensive than what we pay and leather seats were an option, NOT standard.

Why not list what extras CTS has, I will admit, im extremely curious, maybe the CTS is different in Poland than the UK, I don't know, if you could list the extras, that may be a big help. I am happy to list the extras in the Sportivo should you wish me to.

How can you possibly say the pressure is the same?? Your on a different elevation with extremely different weather conditions, they all play a part in it.

Trust me mate, the fuel in Europe is no where near as bad as the fuel in Aus, like I said it has been likened by many media representatives to that of a 3rd world country in quality.

Cheers

Blade

Sure, thats what I'm sayng. I'm sure danthuyer is able to do 14.5. Maybe his tyres are not good for drags, maybe his wheels are to heavy? I don't know. Maybe if he takes of with clutch dump and flat shift he'd be able to shave off .2 s? It all takes practice, and this is the only thing I'm saying.

I would not reccomend flat changing or clutch dump, your gonna get too much wheel spin as the car will say in lift, you will lose time. If you want the most acceleration you can get, when you shift from 1 to 2, slip your clutch enough to hold the revs at 6,000 until the wheels catch up to the motor then let the clutch out the rest of the way, you will shave more time off your qtr mile with this than flat changing.

The methods you list sort of don't really add together, if you dump your clutch at say...... 4,000 your going to spin your wheels (or if you have extremely grippy tires on your going to snap something), when your wheels spin you lose the ability to effectively get the power to the ground. Hold it on the friction point and get as much power down as you can without spinning your wheels, this will give you a much more effective run.

Cheers

Blade

Edited by Blade Hunter

IMEK- I'm sure it helps that Toyota Poland provided you with new clutches under warranty when you killed yours after 10,000 kms but we in Australia are not as lucky. We are trying to conserve our clutch as Toyota has already stated many times that they will not do anything for out clutches even though we have a design fault that they will not acknowledge. Plus I also like my gearbox in the shape it is in at the moment (and 1 piece) so no flat shifting for me or dumping the clutch unless you wish to fork out for my repairs!!!

I asked it before and I'll ask it again.....

PROOF!!!!!!!!

Don't tell me that I need to go looking through pages and pages of threads for a timesheet that may not actually be there.

If you really pulled this time off the strip, then the code of honour and bragging rights law would say that you'd have the damn thing stuck in a frame on your wall...

POST IT HERE!!!!!

Never come into a thread and tell us you are doing a certain time without adding the documentary evidence. We have a nickname here in TOCAU for people like that, and I don't want to make all my fellow Aussie TOCAU'ers wet their pants by repeating it, because I am sure that they know what it is.....

Dude, when you do some background research for yourself on the cars that we have down here, and the guys driving them, I would think yourself lucky that you are on the other side of the globe, as I am sure that most, if not all of them would want to beat you into four shades of purple for saying they can't drive and that they need to practice. I can tell you that Danthuyer will take any opportunity he can to run at Willowbank. (Even if it meant he had to give up his day job... :P)

IMEK - All I ask is you post an image of your timeslips... not a hard task....

Cheers

Azza

Edited by Azza

The other difference between Poland and Australia as I've already mentioned is humidity! If something is going to kill the performance of a car then that'll do it. Plus Imek you mentioned that you run on a new drag strip that was more like a road? Drag Strips over here are very grippy and while you can easily get wheelspin it's when it stops that the problems occur. It bogs the engine down or worse case scenario your gearbox case decides to part company and makes a mess of your teeth.(Ask hames he'll tell you)

We can't compare cars on different sides of the planet as ther are just far too many variables to consider so lets just call apples apples and we'll believe your cars performance for what it is and vice versa. Cool.

Azza,

I already said. It is posted in this forum

USE SEARCH

Imek,

I don't know what the Polish term for what I am thinking is, but in Australia, the term is TOOL! This is what I think you are.

You tell me to search the forum, and I have done this.

You tell me that you have posted a timeslip indicating you awesome run. I have searched all 98 of them, and not one of them had a linked or attached image of a 1/4 mile time card.

There were plenty of posts where you quoted your times, but no pics.

There were plenty of posts where you quoted outputs, and you put in and attached Dyno Sheets..

No 1/4 Mile Time Cards...

You did however insert a link to an external website, and I cant read Polish so I don't know what the site is about, but the link,

http://www.zeperfs.com/fiche367.htm

even quotes a higher 1/4 mile time than you do...

400m DA : 15.7 s. ( Vitesse de passage : 150 Km/h )

Dude, all you have to do is click reply, then attach image.....

Dont have the hide to come in here and tell me to search for something that you havent put in....

Shiat, man. I'm really sorry. I'd have sworn I posted the timeslips... And I haven't sorry again man.

Here it is:

Stock CTS, if you want I can take pisc of mine (15.03) and my friends (slightly lower 14.8)

post-165-1114017078_thumb.jpg

Edited by imek

Shiat, man. I'm really sorry. I'd have sworn I posted the timeslips... And I haven't sorry again man.

Here it is:

Stock CTS, if you want I can take pisc of mine (15.03) and my friends (slightly lower 14.8)

Thanks Imek.... :)

i've been watching this topic rather closely - the heat is incredible -

here's my 2 cents worth - i don't have timeslips but this info i've managed to get for south africa ...

stock sportivo - 15.5 (cape town -sea level - 95 octane fuel)

16.3 (jhb - at altitude - 93 octane fuel)

the fastest time i have seen is 15.01 - the car is decat and runs a 57mm freeflow exhaust according to my knowledge without a header - this is in durban at sea level with 95 octane fuel.

a friend of myne will be going to a drag event there soon - he will be getting some slips for us - so we can have a look :-) will post them as soon as we can get it.

Edited by Takumi

i've been watching this topic rather closely - the heat is incredible -

here's my 2 cents worth - i don't have timeslips but this info i've managed to get for south africa ...

stock sportivo - 15.5  (cape town -sea level - 95 octane fuel)

16.3 (jhb - at altitude - 93 octane fuel)

the fastest time i have seen is 15.01 - the car is decat and runs a 57mm freeflow exhaust according to my knowledge without a header - this is in durban at sea level with 95 octane fuel.

a friend of myne will be going to a drag event there soon - he will be getting some slips for us - so we can have a look :-) will post them as soon as we can get it.

Hey Takumi...

That's cool, my point I was having with Imek was that he was claiming a time far qwuicker than anybody here had done or seen, and we are talking about some pretty impresivbly modified cars....

Cheers

Aaron

ye ye shush, :lol: i dont spil parties i make them hehe,i been reading other website forums from AUS and just saw a few topics which suggested sum corolla clubs meet up. sounds mighty fine i would say..

You want to repeat that in English - Bro?

ye ye shush, :lol: i dont spil parties i make them hehe,i been reading other website forums from AUS and just saw a few topics which suggested sum corolla clubs meet up. sounds mighty fine i would say..

Azza, there is a sign up that say's "Do not feed the animals" :D

Azza, there is a sign up that say's "Do not feed the animals" :D

I know, but they are hungary... :D