Snowflake Produces The Goods

Don't want to be ugly, but some of us in Corolla Club Poland do this kind of times (even a bit faster) in stock cars, so I'd suggest more launch and shifting training, coz the car surely has now the potential to get into mid 14's...

Don't want to be "ugly" here either.

we don't get very cold weather. we get warmer weather out here. we have something called the sun :) have u seen it before in poland? :P

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 birds - one stone

we don't get very cold weather. we get warmer weather out here. we have something called the sun  :)  have u seen it before in poland?  :P

To imek - Ouch!!!! That's got to hurt....

To Shao - What would you know, you never lcome out to play with us... :):):)

2 birds - one stone

we don't get very cold weather. we get warmer weather out here. we have something called the sun  :)  have u seen it before in poland?  :P

i lurk around when u've all gone to bed!! mwahahahaha

2 birds - one stone

Thats why you bought a black car with black wheels and a dark tint..., so noone can see you.... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

2 birds - one stone

Thats why you bought a black car with black wheels and a dark tint..., so noone can see you.... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

the tint is not dark. it's way above the legal limit

Congrats Craig great time. Dont worry about us Vic boys im sure nino_leb has a few cousins down here with a quicker time than that :) . My question to you guys is, now that Craig has just managed to break the 15 sec pass with quite alot of mods to his car, would it be fair to say that the quoted q/m for the stock car of 16.1 is actually more realistic than what we all believed?

PS: if you want a faster time, come down to calder raceway in a couple of months, its gona be freezing cold, i noticed you raced in 22 degrees temp with 71 percent humidity, thats not good man, id love to see you take the track in 10 degres or lower.

Don't want to be ugly, but some of us in Corolla Club Poland do this kind of times (even a bit faster) in stock cars, so I'd suggest more launch and shifting training, coz the car surely has now the potential to get into mid 14's...

yes but you also have lighter cars and traction control dont you ;)

oh yeah and sub zero temperatures ;)

but thx all the same

Lucio - No I dont think so because we have proven time and time again that stock our cars were mid 15's the big thing is still lack of torque. all this extra power I have is noothing without it ;) traction is the main concern...if anyone has an LSD out there?? (03mike) maybe they could shine some light on the launching aspects of the car

as we are only ever in that power band on the drags for 2 seconds...the rest of the time we are in lift all the way ;)

yes but you also have lighter cars and traction control dont you ;)

oh yeah and sub zero temperatures ;)

but thx all the same

Lucio - No I dont think so because we have proven time and time again that stock our cars were mid 15's the big thing is still lack of torque. all this extra power I have is noothing without it ;) traction is the main concern...if anyone has an LSD out there?? (03mike) maybe they could shine some light on the launching aspects of the car

as we are only ever in that power band on the drags for 2 seconds...the rest of the time we are in lift all the way ;)

Don't worry sads, he reminds me of Nino_leb, all talk but no proof...

Hey imek, how about a time slip or something....

Danthuyer,

Our cars are 1270 kg. We don't use traction ctr during launches b/c it slows our cars a lot. The times were measured in the summer, over 20 deg. C.

But its a great time! I remember my first time I got under 15's! With my post I just wanted to stimulate you to more practice, as you have 10 HP - 20 HP more ATW, than we in PL, so I'm sure your car is capable of 14,3 - 14,5.

Azza,

Do a search, I posted some timeslips of a lightly modded CTS (around 14,86) and a stock one (14,8). It looks like in CTS driver's ability is the most important factor.

Atmospheric pressure and quality of fuel play a big part in a car's performance and the difference between Poland and Australia would probably be substantial enough to warrant the differences in times.

Also the different track surfaces make for a difference too but i agree atmospheric pressure plays a BIG role in the car's performance, u can always feel it.

but always remember guys highly strung NA cars like ours and VTEC engines are always going to be harder to extract power and torque from bolt-on mods (some go backwards mind yous :o ). We get improvements but it is very limited compared to turbocharged cars.. So we shouldn't be expecting too much.. I reckon with Craig and Dave's times its already a good improvement and on the track i'm sure it equates to a second or more quicker lap times. To really get CONSISTENT low 14s and under i think its bigger cams, better tyres, weight reduction etc like what most Honda B16A and B18C equipped cars do. So i guess in Poland the 1/4mile is just a fraction shorter than ours here :P

Zee

I didn't want to mention the surface, but in PL we don't have any drag track. The times were achieved on normal concrete or street asphalt surface. The surface wasn't clean and perfectly flat.

We are about 170 meters above sea level.

Polish 1/4 mile is 402,xx meters. No difference here :P

We mostly use TAG Heuer equipment.

I'm sure on proper track stock T-Sport is capable of 14,6 - 14,7... You just have to know how to drive it. B)

Edited by imek

I didn't want to mention the surface, but in PL we don't have any drag track. The times were achieved on normal concrete or street asphalt surface. The surface wasn't clean and perfectly flat.

I'm sure on proper track stock T-Sport is capable of 14,6 - 14,7... You just have to know how to drive it.  B)

So you are saying, out of everyone who has been to the drags here in oz... noone knows how to drive the car? Do you think it is not possible/probable that there are some differences other than 'driving ability' at hand here if noone can even get close to the times you are suggesting possible stock standard?

I'm sure on proper track stock T-Sport is capable of 14,6 - 14,7... You just have to know how to drive it.  B)

So you are saying, out of everyone who has been to the drags here in oz... noone knows how to drive the car? Do you think it is not possible/probable that there are some differences other than 'driving ability' at hand here if noone can even get close to the times you are suggesting possible stock standard?

Don't knock the poles. Esp when driving... :P

I'm all for going over and doing a few runs agains the polish lads ;) Stupidhead might need to come and translate for me though ;)

imek - I see you points and im not saying im the best driver around here but when I can jump in other peoples cars and consistantly get faster time than they can ....well i think i can class myself as above average driver ;)

i think this europe CTS / Aussie sportivo drag topic is starting to sound a bit like the dyno topic that we have gone through a few times ;) I think we should let it ly...................untill I can take my car over there and prove it to them :P

okay who wants to start the snowflake in poland fund???????

Difference number 1

I think it worthy to point out that Australia's fuel quality has been likened publicly to that of a 3rd world country.

Poland gets rather bloody lovely fuel.

number 2, weather and atmospheric pressure, makes a HUGE impact on the car.

number 3, the CTS is lighter than the TCS, it has less extras in it.

number 4, Imek, im sure you are trying to offer friendly advice, and for that we appreciate your input, please just try and change the tone of your posts, you are coming across as if you are trying to say none of us know how to drive. If you were here I would gladly take you on on a track. I have run modded Stivos in my stock Stivo and put them to shame. Most people on here do not know that, I don't have a burning need to shout about it. Maybe take a leaf out of my book there hey??.

Cheers

Blade

Edited by Blade Hunter

Difference number 1

I think it worthy to point out that Australia's fuel quality has been likened publicly to that of a 3rd world country.

number 4, Imek, im sure you are trying to offer friendly advice, and for that we appreciate your input, please just try and change the tone of your posts, you are coming across as if you are trying to say none of us know how to drive. If you were here I would gladly take you on on a track. I have run modded Stivos in my stock Stivo and put them to shame. Most people on here do not know that, I don't have a burning need to shout about it. Maybe take a leaf out of my book there hey??.

Cheers

Blade

i can't quite agree more. unfortunately there are always going to be some who feel insecure, need to show off, "bragging rights" and pretty much do very shallow stuff which is totally unnecessary. sometimes, less of that might even gain a bit more respect. mutual respect is important.

don't take this the wrong way, this is not directed at Imek, in particular, just something i've encountered along the way in car forums and clubs. "small d1ck phenomenon" i think was the term that was coined.

Difference number 1

Cheers

Blade

i can't quite agree more. unfortunately there are always going to be some who feel insecure, need to show off, "bragging rights" and pretty much do very shallow stuff which is totally unnecessary. sometimes, less of that might even gain a bit more respect. mutual respect is important.

don't take this the wrong way, this is not directed at Imek, in particular, just something i've encountered along the way in car forums and clubs. "small d1ck phenomenon" i think was the term that was coined.

Very true :)

Hehehe you usually find the ones big-noting themselves either make it up or do it once by chance. ;)

Hehehe I could post about the time I blew away a WRX but when looking into the details you would see that the 50 year old driver of the WRX actually wasn't racing, I was a lone racer that night :D

Details and consistency are what count in these situations :)

Edited by Blade Hunter