Evo's 1zz

Evo7

sounds nice!

id love to see some more pics.

does your bonnet scoop sit flush?

Hey Brad,

yeah, the scoop sits fine... i love the look on people's faces when i go past... they are like WTF?? mate :P

Update, I am meeting with ol mate from CES this weekend to pick up my brand new CAI, the stock box is just too restrictive for me :(

and then i will hold out on the modding... though i am not sure how long that will last :whistling:

also, the 1z needs a decent clean... every time i clean it, it gets dirty all over again lol :lol:

And fuel consumption has started to settle down too :D (using boost does that) :spiteful:

also thinking about putting the engine cover back on, but it will have to be cut into, since all the piping/ vacuum hoses are on the intake of the SC.

Evo

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so its all running fine just not making much peak power at all....are you getting onto that with ecu and tune soon ? id be spending the cash on that first of all then i would spend it on things like CAI and cleaning products

so its all running fine just not making much peak power at all....are you getting onto that with ecu and tune soon ? id be spending the cash on that first of all then i would spend it on things like CAI and cleaning products

Going with the CAI first, should unrestrict the airflow to the S/C, and then modding can cease... but will probably start up again sometime next year. :spiteful:

Evo

Going with the CAI first, should unrestrict the airflow to the S/C, and then modding can cease... but will probably start up again sometime next year. :spiteful:

Evo

i have 1.1 words for you evan.

e manage.

Evo

i have 1.1 words for you evan.

e manage.

Shhhhhh,

stop convincing me to spend more money lol :P

Evo

Alright Crew,

I will be getting the CAI this arvo, i will post pics when i get it lol :P

i am gearing up for the install tomorrow, one thing that puzzles me is how the Blue VSV mount is to come off the Stock airbox?

All i can see is that this mount is attached and the MAF sensor.

Anyone that can help me?

Evo

Alright Crew,

I will be getting the CAI this arvo, i will post pics when i get it lol :P

i am gearing up for the install tomorrow, one thing that puzzles me is how the Blue VSV mount is to come off the Stock airbox?

All i can see is that this mount is attached and the MAF sensor.

Anyone that can help me?

Evo

what does said VSV do evan? if its some kind of airbox flap, you would need to disable it.

There are a couple of ways to deal with the VSV, you can completely remove it by leaving it on the airbox when you take that out and just block off the bung on the TB. Or you can bolt it to the lower airbox support and run the vac line to the blank on the CES pipe [that's how CES do it]. I say just block off the TB and take it out with the airbox [less to do that way].

Gav.

There are a couple of ways to deal with the VSV, you can completely remove it by leaving it on the airbox when you take that out and just block off the bung on the TB. Or you can bolt it to the lower airbox support and run the vac line to the blank on the CES pipe [that's how CES do it]. I say just block off the TB and take it out with the airbox [less to do that way].

Gav.

Evan,

Your car does not have the vsv that needs to be removed. 1zz's do not have them.....straight bolt on application....let the blue one hang somethere to attach it with a zip tie.

Edited by T_Money

Gav.

Evan,

Your car does not have the vsv that needs to be removed. 1zz's do not have them.....straight bolt on application....let the blue one hang somethere to attach it with a zip tie.

ok, thanks Trav :D

I will be doing the install tomorrow, just another question though, will I HAVE to remove the front bar?

How will i do this?

Evo

you know what dude , if your starting to take the car apart more , id reccomend a Haynes , i have a whole heap of them for my AE82 , hanyes , max ellery , all the big ones and they are such handy little books , at 40 bucks it's a worthy investment , i was tempted to buy one myself !

Gav.

Evan,

I will be doing the install tomorrow, just another question though, will I HAVE to remove the front bar?

How will i do this?

Evo

I did not have to remove the bar to fit mine in.

unlike the stivo's there is a water draining box (white plastic) that the old intake pipe connects to to reduce the risk of hyrolock should you drive through bonet deep water. YOu need to remove this to fit it in. You can access everything by removing the plastic defelctor plate under the front bar (about 3 screws i think) with your skinny arms you wont have a problem fitting the filter up there. :)

I will be down the coast tomorrow so if you need me to have a look give me a call

Edited by T_Money

Gav.

Evan,

How will i do this?

Evo

I did not have to remove the bar to fit mine in.

unlike the stivo's there is a water draining box (white plastic) that the old intake pipe connects to to reduce the risk of hyrolock should you drive through bonet deep water. YOu need to remove this to fit it in. You can access everything by removing the plastic defelctor plate under the front bar (about 3 screws i think) with your skinny arms you wont have a problem fitting the filter up there. :)

I will be down the coast tomorrow so if you need me to have a look give me a call

RIGHT!!!

I HAVE JUST FINISHED INSTALLING THE CAI myself, it was a damn mission, and then the swear words started flying... but now its done, and my verdict...

HOLY F*** x infinity :yahoo:

The difference the CAI has now made is TREMENDOUS!!!

Its now LOUDER, FASTER, LESS RESTRICTIVE, AND A WHOLE LOT MORE FUN TO DRIVE!!! The loudness of the S/C is how it should be ;)

If you thought it was loud before, THEN THIS WILL FILL YOUR SHORTS LOL :lol:

I love it, but i have a feeling, i will be saying goodbye to Fuel economy all over again :P

Evo

Went for a bit of a cruise last night, everytime i hit boost and got the s/c whining, people look at me like WTF?? ;) :P

I LOVE IT!!!

Checked this morning, that i had connected everything right, seeing how i did it in 50% light, and a torch lol :lol:

All good, and there is NO ENGINE CHECK LIGHT! *touchwood* :ph34r:

I can't wait to get the video i have, loaded up, acceleration has increased tenfold :P

now i should get it dynoed again to see how much difference it has made... its really opened up the true potential of the Supercharger, without the stock box :yahoo:

Pics and vids, won't be up until tonight :toast:

And @uncle Evil, i have the FULL Corolla Repair Manual and everything for it... just sorting through a million pdf's take a lot of time.

Thanks GTLOST, i love how you have done your Corolla too, there is something that i like about the ZRE's... but i am not sure what :spiteful:

Evo

hey evo... id suggest printing the manual out...

i did that for my silvia and rb20 engine and it made life 100000000 times easier...

but thats really only useful if you plan on doing things to the car all the time by yourself...

oh and you dont have to print all the sections, just the main ones like engine/gearbox/suspension/etc..

good to hear you're happy with the car though.. bring it up this thursday... :)

hey evo... id suggest printing the manual out...

i did that for my silvia and rb20 engine and it made life 100000000 times easier...

but thats really only useful if you plan on doing things to the car all the time by yourself...

oh and you dont have to print all the sections, just the main ones like engine/gearbox/suspension/etc..

good to hear you're happy with the car though.. bring it up this thursday... :)

Hey man,

i will be holding off for a while me thinks... so there is no need for me to print off the documents lol :P

I am very happy with the car now! I am just uploading the vids i took last night and this arfternoon...

Same as last time, but used my better quality N95 camera lol :P

Evo

Here we go!

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

please disregard the ending of what is said :P

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

When on throttle, it sounds INSANE!

Also, if you notice, you can clearly hear the CAI sucking away lol :P

Evo