Is this the new sportivo?

this is what i found today. Anyone here from toyota able to clarify anything about a new sportivo?

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf...A2572E4000AB87E

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/665/2007-...see-awd-and-v6/

Edited by Armstrong

boy oh boy.

Look at the dates lol.

Over 2 years ago.

No it is not the new sportivo is the short answer.

Pretty sure that if they were planning that for this year. It would either be released or at least being advertised getting ready to be released.

I have been keeping an eye on the Blade Master G for quite some time. A bit of old news, but some people find things out sooner than others though.

Toyota AU: Please base any not-to-distant hot Corollas on the sedan platform!!! :o

The Toyota US market at least has the 2.4L Corolla sedan, that's a start at least...

Gav.

I dunno. Their AWD Matrix (based on the hatchback platform) with the 2AZ-FE seems to be more of a winner for me I reckon.

I have been keeping an eye on the Blade Master G for quite some time. A bit of old news, but some people find things out sooner than others though.
Toyota AU: Please base any not-to-distant hot Corollas on the sedan platform!!! :o

The Toyota US market at least has the 2.4L Corolla sedan, that's a start at least...

Gav.

I dunno. Their AWD Matrix (based on the hatchback platform) with the 2AZ-FE seems to be more of a winner for me I reckon.

You edited your post! :P Yeah well I prefer the Matrix over the Auris too (well, I prefer baked beans to the Auris...). But I dig the XRS 2.4L sedan! :)

Gav.

I would have one

I was going to convert my 2002 rolla with the avalon V6 before I woke up and realised that was too much for my feeble mind to comprehend

I would love to see a V6 AWD Rolla but it would then put the Aurion down a notch as the rolla would become the HALO car

I would love to see a V6 AWD Rolla but it would then put the Aurion down a notch as the rolla would become the HALO car

Nothing against you, but isn't it strange to think a manufacturer's biggest car should be their hero (HALO WTF?) car. That's a bit of a Ford vs Holden way of thinking, to me at least... Just look at the WRX and Turbo Lancers, plenty of other examples too, but a small-mid sized car with a good motor and handling combination usually puts the smack down against much larger cars. Well, unless you give them double the power and endless straights or something... :rolleyes: Given this, I think the Corolla (SEDAN!) should be the platform for a pocket rocket. :D

Gav.

HALO WTF?

Halo... as in the thing that goes above your head. I would guess a Halo car would be the most perfect one.

Anyways in response to you above, I would say that it wasn't a case of "a manufacturer's biggest car should be...". It's just that the new Corolla doesn't quite perform like they used to. As a result, Toyota is pushing the Aurion as their powerhouse. It just happens to work out that way.

I was thinking if lotus can smack that 3.5L in the little Evora, y not corolla??? GDI .... <_<

Get going Toyota and stop "trying to eat Holden's dust!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: