[VIC] Melb October Meet - Sunday 25th October

Hi all Melburnian's & other Victorians :lol: The September meet has been postponed and has now become the October meet! It will be on Sunday the 25th October, you can check out the finer details below :D

The cruise route is still the same; you can find a zip file containing a Word doco on this post. Meet-up on Sunday 25th October at 10am at Peppers Paddock Reserve, 13 Kangaroo Ground Rd Wattle Glen VIC 3096 - up to yourselves to get there, but thats half the fun too :lol: Kick off will be at 10:30 am SHARP and will proceed to Kinglake, lunch at the Grand Hotel Healesville, then onto Yarra Glen, more twists down behind Sugarloaf Reservoir and then back to the initial meeting point.

Participants:

1. Tash

2. Tofuboi

3. dwee.

4. dwee's mate

5. boat_spec ?

6. le.vinh.zr

Edited by Tash

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring it to the westside? :P (out my way...) haha nah. Definately want photoshoot opertunities like last time though. I'd be interested to try figure out an ideal cruising path. I will scour through whereis later. :P

I dont know how it went last time but by the sounds of it very well. Similar format I guess, but change a bit here and there.

Sounds good. I might have big uni projects due in September, so it might be a bit too early to tell if I'll be able to make it or not.

If I can make it, I would definitely come!! Last meet was good.

As for ideas...don't have any, but I wouldn't mind a cruise somewhere! :lol:

Excellent :) I'll have to check out Google maps too and see where potential cruises could go...And then of course have some photos along the way!

Was just thinking about going for a cruise along the kinglake area after getting some feedback from BKS and his trip this weekend sometime in Sept.

That's a great idea Guni! Would be good to do another cruise again with everybody and have an opportunity for some snaps along the way :)

my car got its 60,000km service yesterday. it feels happier now haha. also my boot doesnt leak anymore! I can wash my car again! HOORAY!

what happened to your boot? im experiencing the same thing too. i followed it up myself, and everytime i wash my car, soap and water would leak into the boot via the left tail light, and itll stay inside one of the pockets.. :/

my car got its 60,000km service yesterday. it feels happier now haha. also my boot doesnt leak anymore! I can wash my car again! HOORAY!

what happened to your boot? im experiencing the same thing too. i followed it up myself, and everytime i wash my car, soap and water would leak into the boot via the left tail light, and itll stay inside one of the pockets.. :/

Turns out it was to do with water coming in via a hole where a rubber grommit should have been. The grommit looks like it was moved or just fell out, its the same grommit used by the reverse sensor cabling. But its plugged up and works a treat now.

Turns out it was to do with water coming in via a hole where a rubber grommit should have been. The grommit looks like it was moved or just fell out, its the same grommit used by the reverse sensor cabling. But its plugged up and works a treat now.

can you take a pic and show me? im going to look at my boot.

can you take a pic and show me? im going to look at my boot.

I was not shown the gromit so I am unsure where it's located, but i'll take a squiz and see roughly where it might be. Then take a photo for you.

lets do itt soon b4 i lose my license for demerit points. last points was for running a yellow

:S Well hopefully you have still got your licence when this rolls around!

im keen on coming to this, cept my camry is still stock for now. haha

Heheh I think you should definitely come along :)

How does September 27 sound to everyone? Its the last Sunday in September, keeping with the timeframe for our regular meet-ups. BKS, maybe we can recycle part of the cruise route that didn't eventuate at the mega meet?

Unfortunately, I'll probably have to give this month's meet a miss. I got a wedding on the 27th and lately, I've been doing endless projects left, right and center.. <_<

But guys, if you do have any sugguestions/opinions, please post it. Help Tash a bit and get this meet rolling. :)

Was just thinking about going for a cruise along the kinglake area after getting some feedback from BKS and his trip this weekend sometime in Sept.

heidelberg-kinglake rd....yummy!

No worries - I will lock in the date then :)

Lachlan I will check out the Heidelberg-Kinglake road on the weekend and knock up an initial rough cruise route to put up for suggestions. Does anyone in Melbourne have an idea for an initial meeting point? Thinking 10am for a 10:30 sharp start so we can cruise somewhere, have lunch & cruise back.

hey, kinda still new on the forums

havent been to one of these meets before, but would love to see what other sportivo owners have done b4 i start modifying it

i have had the rolla for about 3-4 months n i still love lift. also shuts up anyone in the car!

so if u guys post a definite day, time n location that should be awesome

Would be great to have you along kewl10_mac :) Date is definitely Sunday September 27th so keep it free, start time will be 10am but I am still looking for suggestions for an initial meeting place, somewhere near the beginning of Heidelberg-Kinglake Rd.

Huge thanks to m_luke for helping me put together a cruise route; at this stage I'm just putting up the route but will be sitting down over the weekend to make up a proper doco with map. The plan is to leave from the initial meeting point at 10:30 am sharp and proceed along Heidelberg-Kinglake Road to Kinglake, then via Chum Creek Road to Healesville stopping at a local pub for lunch (will check out places this weekend). Have been told that this route gets in plenty of twists and turns so should be a good run! Will probably proceed back to Melbourne the same way or on a slightly different course and that way the meet will wind up in the afternoon.

As always am open to suggestions on the return route - hope to have it all finalised by Sunday night and then we can get on with organising final numbers :)

Edit: Okay, just had a quick look @ Google Maps, has anyone ever cut across from Healesville to Yarraglen?? Just thinking that could be a possible return route to Yarraglen then up to Panton Hill and returning to our initial meeting point. Overall that round trip is only about 100km in length but pending numbers we can stop for some photo ops along the way.

Edited by Tash