Strangest Modification you've ever done

I'll start 2 of my faves where on my first car my Datto 1600,

I installed aircraft Landing lights from the wings of a Macchi Jet fighter as spotlights (Like night to day) needed one hell of an alternator for them though if you put them on at idle the car stalled with std alternator.

I also installed a wingtip strobe light off a Macchi Jet fighter next to my rear number plate to give the hint to tailgating road trains on my regular runs from wagga wagga to melbourne in my youth. If they get too close hit the button a few seconds later it was essentially like a really bright camera flash. they dont sit on your bum for long after that!!!

Other mods including re-routing windscreen sprayer to rear wheel arches for instant wet road for drift initiation.

Your a strange man Wild..... :lol:

UMMMMMM. let me think. Many many years back I had a ****ty little Barina and I had put red neons glowing into the footwells... I then purchased blue ones and put together a soldering kit to make the blue neons flick to the bass on what ever music was playing.... It looked kinda cool and amusing, but added no functionality or class to the **** car.

Cost isnt the strange thing the strange thing is you bought a magna... speaking of my mate blew an engine up in his 1986 magna you know the one looks like a door stop with a 2.6 4 cyl an engine that s as powerful as a cement mixer.

Well he went on holidays and his dad paid 2100 for a new motor for it and then expected him to pay for it!! Naturally he told his dad.. "Hope you enjoy your new magna"

Where you living your life a quarter mile at a time?

$1100 worth of fabrication to fit mud flaps to my old GQ Patrol. :)

$700 to install rear sway bars (on a 4wd)

red valve caps on my Aurion? :P

Heres a pic... I talk about it enough, I should probably actually show you all what it looked like...

100_0792.jpg

the funnies one i did was putting a smog machine under the bonnet, and turned it on when at a red light and people would say "OH DAMN! YOUR CAR IS ON FIRE!" also did that in the back seat and trunk, holarious, gonna put on in my new car (see if woofers push the smog, never tried)

I installed aircraft Landing lights from the wings of a Macchi Jet fighter as spotlights (Like night to day) needed one hell of an alternator for them though if you put them on at idle the car stalled with std alternator.

I wouldn't call that strange. That's good thinking. My old man used aircraft landing lights on his old car back in the day since they were so great for deserted roads.

As for my strangest mods, I think that one has to go to the remote start and keyless ignition for my old SV21 Camry. Never needed to use the key again. Made hotwiring the car extremely easy though for anyone who knows a little about electronics.