BC Racing Coilover Suspension Kit

CME-LFT

Nice find Cuong! They look like they have just been developed..so anybody's guess if it will fit. Does say Corolla '09, but should make sure it's for aussie ZRE. :)

Peter.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for tanabe coilovers info

http://translate.goo...nabe_auris.html

also can someone correct me on this, when they say ZRE152H and NZE151HK do they mean that both our chasis are the same or the suspension mounting are the same ?

Edited by master.Cuong

Just in case any ZRE owners looks at this thread in future.

For Aussie spec ZRE, there are no BC Coilovers in BR Series, just in V1 series. :)

Peter.

Wasn't the V1 the model before BR ?

also can someone correct me on this, when they say ZRE152H and NZE151HK do they mean that both our chasis are the same or the suspension mounting are the same ?

ZRE152H and NZE151H are the same,the latter has the 1.5L motor.. Just make sure its not ZRE154/NZE154 as they

are the 4WD models.

ZRE152H and NZE151H are the same,the latter has the 1.5L motor.. Just make sure its not ZRE154/NZE154 as they

are the 4WD models.

thanks for clarifying that for me john :) cheers

• 1 month later...

I am a bit concerned about when we are saying 'quality'.

When you guys are talking 'quality', how do you explain what quality is?

To me, quality means 'fitness for purpose'.

That explains what quality is to me.

However, some people are saying 'quality' only as 'high-end' or something could stand extreme conditions like rally/racing.

When I was doing research about BC coilovers, I searched a lot of information from wide range of forums from the states and canada.

I purchased BC because they did meet all my requirements with better options than any other 'low/mid-ranged suspensions' stated above based on my research.

I would say the quality of BC is great because they do fit my purpose perfectly.

BC may be poor/ bad quality for some people who are expecting racing/rally quality.

I am not being a supporter of BC coilover but what I am trying to say is, everyone has different level of expectations and purposes.

If something fits your purpose and expectation, should we more carefull to say how the quality is?

Also, as a pressure welder by myself and going to work as a welding inspecter from next year, pictures below do not convince me design failure because it's welded.

It seems more likely it's a welding defect shown in the pictures which is called 'CRACK'.

'Crack' could happen in many cases for example, heat treatments are poorly/badly done or failure to control hydrogen(which causes underbead cracking) during welding etc.

The pictures are only showing defected products to me, not design failure by welding.

Additionally, if you see many rally cars, many of suspensions are being custom made which includes a lot of welding.

here's a pic of the type of failure you can have with the BC/ISC style lower section...

bcbroke1.jpg

bcbroke2.jpg

• 4 months later...

Got BC BR Series for my Camry recently. Daily-use so it will do. Still experimenting on the best settings.

So far, BC seems to be the most decent among "cheaper" coilover. Heard they do OEM for other brands and also JApanese/USA made brands. China and Taiwan companies do a lot of OEM for the world so I am not suprise.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys. I got my brand new BC BR Coilovers installed in my 2003 Toyota corolla sportivo 2months ago and there were no problems and everything was all sweet handling and everything. However 2 days ago a noticed a slight sound at the front left of my car but thought nothing of it. It then started together a tad bit louder. So I checked out the front left coilover, nothing was loose so I changed the damper settings to full stiffness at the fronts. The knocking noise was Way louder and sounded pretty bad. So I change the settings back to full softness and the sound only knocks on bumps on the road but no sound happens during turns, only bumps. Anyone had this problem before? Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks

did you ride in your coilovers?

youre suppose to have the damper set on zero for about 1000km

after that you play around with the settings, if not, you can cause them to leak and knock.

you also have to avoid pot holes and major bumps in the road.

they will cause damage to your coilovers

Hey guys. I got my brand new BC BR Coilovers installed in my 2003 Toyota corolla sportivo 2months ago and there were no problems and everything was all sweet handling and everything. However 2 days ago a noticed a slight sound at the front left of my car but thought nothing of it. It then started together a tad bit louder. So I checked out the front left coilover, nothing was loose so I changed the damper settings to full stiffness at the fronts. The knocking noise was Way louder and sounded pretty bad. So I change the settings back to full softness and the sound only knocks on bumps on the road but no sound happens during turns, only bumps. Anyone had this problem before? Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks

Hit the big nut on the top of the strut with a rattle gun in case it wasn't done up tight enough. If that is tight, and the nuts holding the camber plates to the strut tower are tight, then it is probably the spherical bearing in the strut top wearing out.

did you ride in your coilovers?

youre suppose to have the damper set on zero for about 1000km

after that you play around with the settings, if not, you can cause them to leak and knock.

you also have to avoid pot holes and major bumps in the road.

they will cause damage to your coilovers

That's a new one :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys is it normal to hear squeaking over bumps when the dampers are set really stiff? and would i have caused any premature wear on the coils when i did this. basically this is what i did

1) let the springs settle in for 500 kms

2) turn the dampers to 15, was OK

3) then tried 25 and went around the block twice, hearing tiny squeaks over bumps

4) turning back to 0, no more squeaking

the squeaking occurs only in the fronts.

• 1 month later...