BC Racing Coilover Suspension Kit

CME-LFT

You guys who are looking at BCRacing Coilovers should check out JustJap.com. ATM, they carry the BC V1 coilovers for the ZZE Corolla and Yaris. Maybe they can source something for the ZRE Corolla as well. They're priced nicely at $1199, and offer pickup (for those in Sydney). =P

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like the way they've manufactured the hub attachment point on the front of the BC's. If you look at stock struts, or the KYB made Cusco's you will see they have a single piece of steel wrapped around the strut leg and tacked in place for the hub attachment.

The BC's (and also ISC) have two sections welded to the strut tube, with the welds being the only thing holding your hub to the strut. Not the safest setup in the world if you ask me...

I dont like the way they've manufactured the hub attachment point on the front of the BC's. If you look at stock struts, or the KYB made Cusco's you will see they have a single piece of steel wrapped around the strut leg and tacked in place for the hub attachment.

The BC's (and also ISC) have two sections welded to the strut tube, with the welds being the only thing holding your hub to the strut. Not the safest setup in the world if you ask me...

Jase,

Can roughly point out in a pic what areas you are talking about?

Cheers.

Can roughly point out in a pic what areas you are talking about?

I can point it out. I kind of agree with Jase as well. It is a fairly valid point:

See how on the coilover, the bottom hub attachment point is just welded on:

69651d1171032631-just-bought-some-bc-racing-inverted-coilovers-just-wanted-share-valving-graphs-bc-racing-welds.jpg

Whereas on stock struts, the attachment point wraps around. This is a KYB strut, but you get the idea:

GR-2.JPG

Now you've got me thinking too,what to do :g:

Fork out 1500 for Tanabe or go superlows with Charlie, and shocks when time comes to replace???????

But would all BC be like that Daryl? or maybe that particular photo.. ZRE have been released recently in BR range(black/gold) which are improved

over the V series (black/red), now you have me searching pics of what the others have, HEEELP

post-9535-1254051870_thumb.jpg

post-9535-1254051886_thumb.jpg

You may as well get tiens if you are concerned about how the struts are made.

Personally i am pretty happy with the BC Coilovers, only wish the front spring rates were 4-5kg and rears were 6-7kg.

My Yaris isn't high powered like my Skyline so i am not worrying about these strut falling apart from pushing the car hard around corners. I haven't heard anyone having problems with these yet.

A few of the guys with hondas i know have BR series and take these on to track and nothing bad so far.

You may as well get tiens if you are concerned about how the struts are made.

Personally i am pretty happy with the BC Coilovers, only wish the front spring rates were 4-5kg and rears were 6-7kg.

My Yaris isn't high powered like my Skyline so i am not worrying about these strut falling apart from pushing the car hard around corners. I haven't heard anyone having problems with these yet.

A few of the guys with hondas i know have BR series and take these on to track and nothing bad so far.

Not that concerned really, i like the BR and have read alot of positive stuff about them, just what this thread is about, feedback... your needs seem to be the same as mine,any pics of yours yet? ;)

Yep. Well ill be getting some pics soon. The car isnt that low and not too high. A finger space gapping on front and rear on 17s wrapped with 205/40.

No front swaybar FTW =D

Perfect, thats the gap iam looking for. :)

dunno, but it's a perfect example of the poor design of the lower mounts that just have tabs welded on instead of the design toyota, kyb, koni, bilstein etc etc use as standard...

dunno, but it's a perfect example of the poor design of the lower mounts that just have tabs welded on instead of the design toyota, kyb, koni, bilstein etc etc use as standard...

thats nasty, what would you recommend? :help: but not at Bilstein prices :D say,,,Tanabe prices..

are Racing Logic OK ? found them $1600ish

• 2 weeks later...

that damage there in chasa's photo isnt the welds giving way its the whole adjustable sleeve snapping, that looks like alloy? i have br series bc coilovrs in my mazda 323 and they actually now have steel "clevis" sections(the bit the hub bolts into) and the rest of the coilover construct is still alloy and they have a wrap around section like the factory ones, maybe its just the mazda ones that r like that or maybe they have changed their designs....worth enquiring about, i know its not a corolla but i have had the racing logics and the bc's and the bc have lasted heaps longer and ride and handle so much better(racing logics leaked in the front after 4 weeks of use)wholesale suspension in blacktown deal with bc also thats where my group buy for the mazda ones was done. hope i havnt offended anyone with the M#z#dA word :P

If you guys do a GB for the BC coilovers BR series im definitely in!!!

I've read a few reviews and they say its a lot better than what they were expecting from a cheaper coilover.

If i find the review again ill post it up.

• 1 month later...
So any updates on these John. Wonder what coilovers you ended up getting.....

No not really,still thinking about it, Just Jap never got back to me but saw they now have the BR series for ZRE, i'd rather those than the V series..

Cheapest for them was NZ, $1070 + $90 shipping if i got 6 or more sets but found another dealer here so might contact him as well.. Iam in no

rush but for the right price i might go for it...

You still happy with yours?

here's a pic of the type of failure you can have with the BC/ISC style lower section...

bcbroke1.jpg

bcbroke2.jpg

these look alot like the 'Buddy Club' racing spec dampers..

i'v got the BC coils in my car,, i'v had them for well over 6 months, and i have no complaints..

how ever,, i highly recommend getting the BR series and not the V series, i read a few bad reviews about the V series.. noisy, rattles, too stiff..

Yes they are, 'BC Racing' and 'Buddy Club' are two different companies.

Confusion often arises when people say 'BC' when they actually mean 'Buddy Club' and not 'BC Racing'.

I didn't expect a coilover from Buddy Club to break like that.. ouch..

Edited by Kenneth.

Until you know the circumstance at which that coilover broke (eg, the guy hit a gutter head on?)and it's history (whether in a street only car or a rally car), it is a moot point.

MCA make some of Australia's best off road and rally suspension and this is how the bottom of their struts are made.

They have been proven time and time again and if it didn't work, it most definately would have been changed before now.

IMG_6123001.jpg

IMG_6125001.jpg

Those look ok, at least they've got some gusseting... Probably a half-decent wall thickness on that tube also. Still not as strong as a DMS or OEM setup where they use the wrap-around section.