BC Racing Coilover Suspension Kit

CME-LFT

Hi guys, ive done a little research and read opinions and have come to learn that D2s and G4s are cheap crap coilovers. Anyhow i was browsing through just japs website and came across these little puppys. Being an average of $200 more expensive that D2s and such i still imagine that they are near the lower end of the market.

Just jap bc coilovers

Now i looked up reviews on the net and came across a few site saying some pretty good things about them. I was just curious if any of you had any experience with them?

Im not aiming for a full time track car, just something better that my setup at the moment (pedders sportsryder springs and shocks. whiteline rear sway, front stut n soon front underbrace) and maybe a track day or two everynow and again.

Are they worth it for a budget coilover or is it really not worth it..........are cheap coilovers REALLY that bad?

Thanks guys

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of Aurion guys have tried out the BC Racing coilovers. They seem to be fairly durable and perform alright for a cheaper Taiwanese brand.

I haven;t heard too much about them to make a complete judgement. The way I see them personally are as a mid-range quality coilover and is not something I would consider myself given the way I drive my car. That is my own opinion though. If your car is going to be subject to some harsh conditions, I wouldn't really be skimping on quality just to save some money, because in my eyes, safety comes first.

Of course, my opinion was based on a different situation to yours. I personally would have a bad feeling in the back of my head if I got BC coilovers.

For just general lowering duties, a coilover like this shouldn't be any problem, but if you plan to take it to the track, it's durability can be questionable.

Each to their own really.

I got my coilovers coming in from just jap. Cant wait.. Heard many good things about them too. Wonder how long they last though.

You getting BC too? I might pay Just Jap a visit this week :ph34r:

Might as well jump on the bandwagon here...

I want coil overs for my Sportivo, sick of the tyres rubbing on the guards...

Who has coilovers, what brands and whats your opinion???

I've always been a fan of Teins, jap spec I'm looking at around $1500, but then was told the Aussie made ones are better and longer lasting... Can anyone confirm???

The aussie Tein's might be revalved and springs changed, but I doubt it. Plus you pay double for them too...

Tein are fine for the street, just need to remember they are only a low-mid range coilover.

I'd rate Cusco as a mid range setup. Top end are Bilstein and Ohlins.

DJ: I haven't heard anything about BC, but untill I do I won't be rating them as high as a mid range setup.

But that said, why not get custom spring rates for konis? Koni make a good strut, just get Kings to make a spring to your spec. At the end of the day its not much different to what a coilover is and would cost a lot less.

I got my coilovers coming in from just jap. Cant wait.. Heard many good things about them too. Wonder how long they last though.

You getting BC too? I might pay Just Jap a visit this week :ph34r:

Yep. Tiens and cuscos are quite pricey and everyone seems to be happy with them, so i thought id give them a try.

DJ: I haven't heard anything about BC, but untill I do I won't be rating them as high as a mid range setup.

I originally called them a budget coilover (implying low quality) but then edited my post so as to not stir things up. I figured saying mid-range would would sound more pleasing. I personally wouldn't trust them.

I originally called them a budget coilover (implying low quality) but then edited my post so as to not stir things up. I figured saying mid-range would would sound more pleasing. I personally wouldn't trust them.

Wouldnt trust them on the track or the street or both?

Mine wont be going on track,i just want the option of height adjustment and love a firm ride.

i'v had bc's for about 6 months now,, no complaints from me.. i think they are value for money..

how ever i have the newer range.. the BR series,, they are black and gold.. not black and red.. the v series are the older model..

i'm pretty sure guni has the br series aswell..

theres afew reviews on these, one which JIN started and one which i started, but they are on the BR range.

Wouldnt trust them on the track or the street or both?

Mine wont be going on track,i just want the option of height adjustment and love a firm ride.

I wouldn't trust them on either. That said though, street for me would be more stressful than the track. See here in Queensland, we have a place called Mt. Nebo where I like to drive :lol:

So in that respect, my negativity is based on putting them though quite a bit. But for general lowering purposes, then I don't really have anything against it.

The aussie Tein's might be revalved and springs changed, but I doubt it. Plus you pay double for them too...

Tein are fine for the street, just need to remember they are only a low-mid range coilover.

I'd rate Cusco as a mid range setup. Top end are Bilstein and Ohlins.

But that said, why not get custom spring rates for konis? Koni make a good strut, just get Kings to make a spring to your spec. At the end of the day its not much different to what a coilover is and would cost a lot less.

Main reasons I want coilovers are just to stop the shocks having so much travel and scrubbing the tyres out in the guards... Car has been dropped around 3.5 inches and sitting on 19's so yeah, it was bound to happen... So I'm after something that'll sit at the same height the car is now and be able to remain on a stiff setting for road use without the seals ****ting themselves anytime soon...

My friend has the Jap spec teins with the electronic damper settings and they seem pretty good...

BC GB ?

why not, lets see what price we can get them down to. of course itd have to be for both zze n zre.

iam on it, going there today to have a chat,see what happens then talk to the mods :)

BC GB ?

why not, lets see what price we can get them down to. of course itd have to be for both zze n zre.

iam on it, going there today to have a chat,see what happens then talk to the mods :)

any news?

Charlie

BC GB ?

any news?

Charlie

Went there yesterday and the V1 he can do $1100. The BR is couple of hundred more but are bit better and stronger but iam not too sure the diff,thicker tube,better lockiing rings etc.. Waiting to find out about ZRE's first..

OR

From NZ can get BR for ZZE and ZRE $1195 + $90 shipping

order 3 - 5 sets $1125 + $90

order 6 + sets $1070 + shipping

When he calls back and if their is interest i'll ask about a better BR price but still waiting to hear from another seller :)

post-9535-1253224175_thumb.jpg

post-9535-1253224208_thumb.jpg

hmmm sounds tempting john...

1.2k for BC is much better than so called "mid-ranged" 2.6k teins i was thinking of getting.. (don't really know level of quality between brands)

i do notice BC's are 6 front and 4 rear, whereas teins are 6 and 5 respectively.

1.2k for BC is much better than so called "mid-ranged" 2.6k teins i was thinking of getting.. (don't really know level of quality between brands)

i do notice BC's are 6 front and 4 rear, whereas teins are 6 and 5 respectively.

Yeah Peter iam not sure of difference either but they all have 12 month warranty.. The guy in NZ only has BR now including both ZZE and ZRE and has given best price,JJap have V series but if he can do BR at better price then that could be the go me thinks.

Bit of info on the BR

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I was going to get superlows so might as well buy these cos i'll end up needing shocks anyway later down the track, this is perfect for my needs.

So i'll keep you posted and see what happens about GB .. :)

Yeah Peter iam not sure of difference either but they all have 12 month warranty.. The guy in NZ only has BR now including both ZZE and ZRE and has given best price,JJap have V series but if he can do BR at better price then that could be the go me thinks.

Bit of info on the BR

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I was going to get superlows so might as well buy these cos i'll end up needing shocks anyway later down the track, this is perfect for my needs.

So i'll keep you posted and see what happens about GB .. :)

hmm so V series is "apparently" better? haha, i guess we just got to wait and see about the prices.. :)

i just want a slightly lower but pretty firm ride.. originally was thinking of trd springs and shocks, roughly the same price as these BC's.. now thinking i would like coilovers so much better! :D

hmm, going to have more funds in about two weeks (doing tax return) :lol:

http://www.trdparts.jp/english/parts_sportivo.html

springs + shocks = $94,000JPY = $~1200AUD

only about 25mm drop..doesn't say how much harder the springs are..so BC coilovers might be a better option.

John, do you know anything about Tanabe's? Like Jesse (ZRE sedan) did?? His car has a good height.

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/coilovers/

JE-55-EA's ZRE Sedan

Peter.

I was going to get superlows so might as well buy these cos i'll end up needing shocks anyway later down the track, this is perfect for my needs

well i dont have money but good point...i spent more time muching around with the my zze spring thats i nearly could have bought a set