BC Racing Coilover Suspension Kit

CME-LFT

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might help put it into perspective a little.

DMS vs MCA thread from Brindabella Forum.

Cheers for pointing that out, I'll have to check out the DMS for the crack (they are only used on asphalt).

From what I read in that thread the issue was people using the 40mm for rally when it wasn't meant to be used for rally; with no one using 50mm (or 60mm) having the crack.

Racing Logic are slightly better, but if you can't afford a 'real' set of coilovers just get some decent slightly lower springs and an adjustable shock.

Other alternatives are buying a sleeve kit and a new set of struts to make up a custom set, ends up being comparable to the cheaper coilovers and actually works quite well.

From what I read in that thread the issue was people using the 40mm for rally when it wasn't meant to be used for rally; with no one using 50mm (or 60mm) having the crack.

Yes, I think that is the main cause of the problems, but then again, if the foot of a standard Bilstein or Koni can withstand rallying, why can't a 40mm DMS shock?

Are the 40mm ones still an inverted design?

Racing Logic are slightly better, but if you can't afford a 'real' set of coilovers just get some decent slightly lower springs and an adjustable shock.

Other alternatives are buying a sleeve kit and a new set of struts to make up a custom set, ends up being comparable to the cheaper coilovers and actually works quite well.

For what 99% of people on here do a quality strut and spring is all that is required; and comes in around the same price as the cheap coilovers with much better quality.

Yes, I think that is the main cause of the problems, but then again, if the foot of a standard Bilstein or Koni can withstand rallying, why can't a 40mm DMS shock?

Are the 40mm ones still an inverted design?

I find it just as interesting as to why the 50mm doesn't do it while the 40mm does; surely they don't use a different construction method for either? Maybe a different supplier?

The DMS on the Celica were shelf stock so they might be a few years old; either way it is inverted.

• 2 weeks later...
i would go with K sport , i got them on my corolla and they have lasted for ages and handle bumpys raods with ease , also tucks the corners nicley. I would get these then the BC ***** anyday.

$$$$$$$$ ? :whistling:

I read that K-Sport are made from the same factory as D2.. so they should be no more than what a set of D2's cost..

So from what i have read is:

K-Sport

D2

& G4

ALL come from the same factory??

Evo

I read that K-Sport are made from the same factory as D2.. so they should be no more than what a set of D2's cost..

So from what i have read is:

K-Sport

D2

& G4

ALL come from the same factory??

Evo

Yeap, that's the word thats going around. Just different colour finishes. They all come out of the same factory in Taiwan I think.

Edited by Kenneth.

• 1 month later...

So its coming to 6 months since installing the BC coilovers. Checked them out while installing my brake lines today. No problems so far. Great for daily driving. Have the setting on soft, since having rims with low profile tyres make it uncomfortable for medium settings. Pretty happy with them.

Hey all, just thought i'd jump in here to give my experinces with sum coilovers.

Friend has BC coils on an S13, drives it like stink. track days, the gorge (NSW)... he gives them a big thumbs up, nothing bad so far

Another friend has Bilistein on an E39 530i M, like the S13, drives the rings off it....no bad comments from him

Brother has Cusco ZERO 3 X on his 33 GTR, doesn't drive it as hard, but no bad reviews lol, as u'd expect.

I guess its up to you guys at the end of the day with ur budget. Im looking to get K-sports so we'll see how that goes

Hey all, just thought i'd jump in here to give my experinces with sum coilovers.

Friend has BC coils on an S13, drives it like stink. track days, the gorge (NSW)... he gives them a big thumbs up, nothing bad so far

Another friend has Bilistein on an E39 530i M, like the S13, drives the rings off it....no bad comments from him

Brother has Cusco ZERO 3 X on his 33 GTR, doesn't drive it as hard, but no bad reviews lol, as u'd expect.

I guess its up to you guys at the end of the day with ur budget. Im looking to get K-sports so we'll see how that goes

Unless they have all tried various setups on the same car and have lap time data showing which is better, of course they will like what they have.

It's all relative. Everything is good, until you try something better.

For 90% of the weekend racers, products like BC's and K Sports will probably be fine. It's only when you make the move to the next level up in suspension that you realise their weak points.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Asked today, pedders do coilies for zze rollas now

Had them a while now,waiting for ZRE ones soon then was thinking about a ZRE/ZZE GB, at better price... Keep you posted..

ZREers watch this space :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Just in case any ZRE owners looks at this thread in future.

For Aussie spec ZRE, there are no BC Coilovers in BR Series, just in V1 series. :)

Peter.

• 3 weeks later...