Facelift aurion photos

kounterfeit

The new headunit doesn't make it that much easier to fit something aftermarket, that fascia has always been available. Unless of course it's not as wide as the previous fascias and hence doesn't need the infill bits for a unit to sit flush...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just by looking at it I can tell you that it is exactly the same fascia as you buy from Toyota, meaning you will need the spacers which cost close to $40 for both sides, but those can be purchased from Toyota too, so it just means you don't need to buy the fascia to change head units, though for those who decide to keep stock head unit, that thing is hideous!

The new headunit doesn't make it that much easier to fit something aftermarket, that fascia has always been available. Unless of course it's not as wide as the previous fascias and hence doesn't need the infill bits for a unit to sit flush...

Well it means you don't need to buy the fascia kit. In my opinion, not having to get something like that makes the process that little bit easier.

Overall they've done some tasteful and sane changes to the car, regarding simplifying the HUD and head unit area.

Headlight and taillight changes, I like very much.

Aurion badges are in the worst location they could think of.

Grille still fails.

Edited by RoM2nV

daryl, one question.. did you measure the front and rear tail lights to see if they are the same size as ours? LOL

Sure didn't. Should have come a bit more prepared.

I did have a good hard look at it however. It nearly seems like the body around the light fixture is a slightly different shape, but it may have been an illusion given the tail lights stick out a bit.

In my opinion, it looked pretty much identical, even the part inside when you open the boot lid.

I'm not sure if i really like the interior update nor the front end treatment - i prefer the pre-facelift to be honest. But i absolutely love those clear taillights, and for some weird reason i like the AURION badging on the front fender. looks neat :-P

Someone mentioned before, about the new YF sonata. Here are just a few more hi-res pics. Toyota might have a bit of problem on their hands when the sonata comes out. Lookin forward to the next gen aurion.

2011hyundaisonata25.jpg

160138.jpg

160139.jpg

160140.jpg

1846385415_71262133_C7CFC0CCC6DBB8DEC5BB-1.JPG

1846385415_45eb3328_C8ADC0CCC6AE-4.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
$hit, Hyundai have made a good looking car there.

Any word on what Donks they will be using on those things????

I believe the Kia will be offered with either a 3.5V6, 2.7L V6, 2.4L Theta II and a 2.0L. Six Speed Autos will also be used apparently. The same goes with the sonata. I've read that most of these engines will be direct injected. There are possibilities of diesel engined variants as well based on the Hyundai R diesel engines.

the grill looks like a camry

I think so too...they haven't changed the dimensions of the lights have they?

I have just got a new ATX for my work car but I have been on hols for 2 weeks so I haven't had a good look at it yet. will get the tape measure out :P

how cheap does the new aurion look with the aurion badging on the front guards instead of the doors yuk yuk yuk disgusting the whole car look cheap cheap cheap

that's my opinion sorry toyota if your reading you have gone backwards this time the game is over.......

maybe toyota should of read forum and seen what style looks people were going for

AUR30N

Edited by AUR30N

i saw one of these sportivos in white yesterday, very nice!

So did I... complete with QPS gear. Their first line up looked pretty hot, but using the facelift Aurion worked out even better.