Facelift aurion photos

kounterfeit

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those clear Sportivo lights just stuffed the rear end up big time. Even the bulging red tail light look wrong.

Edit: The more I look at the front of the facelift Sportivo, the more I see Ford.

i see mitsubishi 380. the taillights would look good with a light smoky tint, but the rims are crap looking!

Those clear Sportivo lights just stuffed the rear end up big time. Even the bulging red tail light look wrong.

Edit: The more I look at the front of the facelift Sportivo, the more I see Ford.

i see mitsubishi 380. the taillights would look good with a light smoky tint, but the rims are crap looking!

Yeah. Some lightly smoked tail lights would be perfect.

This whole facelift is a bit of a mixed bag eh? I guess that's to be expected.

At first I liked the change of rims, but that's from a further back view. When up closer, they look like hubcaps.

The clear rear lights on the Sportivo look HIDEOUS.

The Presara rear lights look far better , the front does look a bit like a G Series Falcon.

The clear rear lights will look good on silver ... just like some who change their rear lights to look like the Hybrids.. i still prefer the red or the smoked one..

I do agree with you regarding the different needs and wants of the market but the thing is though, now that the ES is gone, people willing to spend that much on a car are not going to want to drop down to a $55k Toyota. At the end of the day, while the Presara is a marketed as a luxury car, the image of Toyota is not seen as a prestige car brand by consumers and the Presara won't fill the the void left by the ES.

They should really give an option like Honda do with the interior where you can get a marble interior which looks much better than the woodgrain in my opinion. That is one thing they could work on; improving the customisation options for the Aurion.

So I guess that makes the Presara more of a mid size sedan with features normally found on high end executive cars (Not that it's bad thing.).

Yeah, seeing that the Aurion & Thai Camry share the same body & interior, I can't see why Toyota Australia wouldn't offer more accessories from Thailand (They have things like HUD, Extra wood trim, body kit, Wood/ leather gear knob & etc.). In the South East Asian markets, manufacturers (Particularly the Japanese.) offer all sorts of Genuine Accessories. The list is almost as long or the same as what you'll find in the JDM market. Wish it was the same with the rest of the range too.

The clear rear lights will look good on silver ... just like some who change their rear lights to look like the Hybrids.. i still prefer the red or the smoked one..

The clear taillights & headlights of the Thai Camry Hybrid has a very light blue tint on the housing. Notice the red bit on the inner tail light, those are rear fog lights.

5330_120968928346_661728346_2382886_6232870_n.jpg

MY10 Aurion Sportivo owners could always exchange their smoked clear taillights with the Thai Camry owners and give it a light smoke tint. :)

Edited by ToyotaFreak

Love the third pic... the front looks quite mean, but at the same time has a bit of an "exclusive" look like a merc...

Not a fan of the back lights though - the current ones are way better!

Wonder if the body kits would be interchangeable? Or whether it's even worth the effort...

Does the front look too Ford Falcon to you?? <_<

http://www.caradvice.com.au/41995/toyota-a...released-today/

I can see a bit of the TRD Aurion front in the new design, but I still prefer the TRD's way more. I'm not liking the new design too much. Maybe it will grow on me in time!

Edited by Supercharged TRD

I dunno man, not sure I'm a fan TBH. With the first couple of shots in this thread it looks promising, but with these new shots on caradvice and so on..... eh......

Maybe if the sportivo ones where lowered a bit it may add to the look, the presara looks kinda cool, but the sportivo definately needs to be lower.

just to let you know, i was in China for the week and saw ******* loads of Aurion/Camry and the new face lift looks better in flesh than in photos...

I don't think looking at one in flesh it going to make me like those tail lights.

i saw the ones with the red 'squarish' LED tail lights, you dont have to like them coz you are not gonna trade for one anyway but they do look better in the flesh than in photos...

sat inside a S180 Toyota Crown they are nice and comfy except the dash and speedo was 'Avalon-ish'...

I hope a few of the newer models bits and pieces and compatible with the current model - in particular the dash cluster would be nice so i can finally tell my exact speed.

still wouldnt be 100% accurate though,all speedo's are out by a couple of %

cheers

Really don't like the new look.

Instead of feeling left behind, I would like to spend some money to get TRD body kit in Asia rather than swapping bits and pieces with the new models'. There are really good aftermarket ones in China. If anyone else here is insterested in getting the aftermarket TRD body kit, please let me know. I'll keep you in loop.

Cheers!

post-13740-1253679665_thumb.jpg

post-13740-1253679672_thumb.jpg

I hope a few of the newer models bits and pieces and compatible with the current model - in particular the dash cluster would be nice so i can finally tell my exact speed.

Would you be willing to spend $2000 on a new dash cluster just for the possibility of having a slightly more accurate speedo?

considering how long I plan on owning the Aurion, I'm sure they'll start appearing 2nd hand etc around the traps eventually.

I've come from owning a commodore where it was common practice to mix and match parts from different models, guess old habits die hard.