Facelift aurion photos

kounterfeit

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... but they do look better in the flesh than in photos...

Okay. You win this time mate. I got close enough to be able to say that the new tail lights do really look quite good in person. I was really dreading that would happen.

Ignore the crappy camera phone photos, but looks like this one was on it's way somewhere. The chrome trim around the clear tail lights really does work.

image435m.jpg

image439.jpg

... but they do look better in the flesh than in photos...

Okay. You win this time mate. I got close enough to be able to say that the new tail lights do really look quite good in person. I was really dreading that would happen.

Ignore the crappy camera phone photos, but looks like this one was on it's way somewhere. The chrome trim around the clear tail lights really does work.

I went to my dealer today and found they had one of the facelifts there. I gotta admit. Pretty nice and I do agree with ya Daryl, the taillights DO work. Although it makes me want them more. :( This isnt good!

I also noticed on that photo the tailpipes look ... bigger.

I didnt take notice of this at the dealer today.

Nah. I sat parked at behind that truck at the lights for a couple of minutes and that was one thing I payed attention to. Same size and same tips showing through the centre.

The pipework was so shiny though. Not all rusty coloured like mine :lol:

I just had to check it out. I was parked at a massive intersection (Mains Road/Kessels Road) about 5 cars back and saw this truck drive through while I was waiting to turn. First thing I spotted was the clear tail lights and thought, that looks like a Mazda or something (mainly because of the colour). A couple of seconds later it clicked and there I was waiting impatiently for the lights to change. When they did, I just had to catch up to it to have a look since I was already going that way home.

Nah. I sat parked at behind that truck at the lights for a couple of minutes and that was one thing I payed attention to. Same size and same tips showing through the centre.

The pipework was so shiny though. Not all rusty coloured like mine :lol:

I just had to check it out. I was parked at a massive intersection (Mains Road/Kessels Road) about 5 cars back and saw this truck drive through while I was waiting to turn. First thing I spotted was the clear tail lights and thought, that looks like a Mazda or something (mainly because of the colour). A couple of seconds later it clicked and there I was waiting impatiently for the lights to change. When they did, I just had to catch up to it to have a look since I was already going that way home.

And I can imagine your type of 'catching up' aswell. :P Well it's good someones got some real world photos of the car. It makes me want to go back tomorrow and see if I can scab some photos of the interior redesign etc.

Does anyone know if other countries are getting these Facelift models?? Will the V6 Camry in the US will be facelifted as well?

The reason I ask is that I dont really know Toyotas motive for change.. Is this usual timing to keep the brand fresh or is it customers that have forced this change?

BTW good catch DJ

Does anyone know if other countries are getting these Facelift models?? Will the V6 Camry in the US will be facelifted as well?

Already has been. It's the Gen 6.5 Camry. The Camry here has even had the same facelift. I've seen quite a few of them on the road already.

The reason I ask is that I dont really know Toyotas motive for change.. Is this usual timing to keep the brand fresh or is it customers that have forced this change?

They have been doing this for a while. It's just to keep things fresh as you say.

I'm sure supercheap etc will add aurion altezza lights to their stocklist.

Oh dear G***. If such a thing comes out and someone buys them... they should be shot.

hey daryl, are the new rear lights the same shape/size as the current ones?

i thought they were slimmer?

either way, $1600????? holy crap thats a lot of money for lights!!

im actually surprised the Asian countries haven't come out with a clear lens light for the aurion/camry... i thought that'd be the first thing they created!

Im not sure if im going to like the new one, I am impressed with the new front facelift but not so much looking at the front to back side view of the top of the range.......its starting to look more like Holden and Ford. Toyota should try to keep there own design rather than follow the lines of the other Ozi family cars..

Anyway ill be keeping mine for a while before changing the ZR6 cost enough for me......Does anyone know how much the new ZR6 would cost yet?

thanks.

Im not sure if im going to like the new one, I am impressed with the new front facelift but not so much looking at the front to back side view of the top of the range.......its starting to look more like Holden and Ford. Toyota should try to keep there own design rather than follow the lines of the other Ozi family cars..

Anyway ill be keeping mine for a while before changing the ZR6 cost enough for me......Does anyone know how much the new ZR6 would cost yet?

thanks.

The Facelift ZR6 is priced at exactly the same pricepoint as the original at $43,999

thanks.

The Facelift ZR6 is priced at exactly the same pricepoint as the original at $43,999

I thinks that more than?? The first series was only $42,000 + on roads. well thats what i paid in December 06. Are the photos available on the Toyota site?

hey daryl, are the new rear lights the same shape/size as the current ones?

i thought they were slimmer?

They actually do appear to be the same size to me, but for all we know, it may be just those few mm off that make it hard to interchange them.

The headlights on the other hand look to be less tall, but I think that is an illusion.

lol the designers at toyota have become magicians.... its just illusions all around...

woooooooooo... so freaky!! :lol:

am i gay to say that i love the rear lights? :ph34r:

i'm a fan of SOME clear tail lights...

ie, my old rexxie looked hot, imo!!

http://www.forghani.net/rex/img_5503_std.jpg

http://www.forghani.net/rex/img_5506_std.jpg

I do agree with you regarding the different needs and wants of the market but the thing is though, now that the ES is gone, people willing to spend that much on a car are not going to want to drop down to a $55k Toyota. At the end of the day, while the Presara is a marketed as a luxury car, the image of Toyota is not seen as a prestige car brand by consumers and the Presara won't fill the the void left by the ES.

They should really give an option like Honda do with the interior where you can get a marble interior which looks much better than the woodgrain in my opinion. That is one thing they could work on; improving the customisation options for the Aurion.

So I guess that makes the Presara more of a mid size sedan with features normally found on high end executive cars (Not that it's bad thing.).

Yeah, seeing that the Aurion & Thai Camry share the same body & interior, I can't see why Toyota Australia wouldn't offer more accessories from Thailand (They have things like HUD, Extra wood trim, body kit, Wood/ leather gear knob & etc.). In the South East Asian markets, manufacturers (Particularly the Japanese.) offer all sorts of Genuine Accessories. The list is almost as long or the same as what you'll find in the JDM market. Wish it was the same with the rest of the range too.

The clear rear lights will look good on silver ... just like some who change their rear lights to look like the Hybrids.. i still prefer the red or the smoked one..

The clear taillights & headlights of the Thai Camry Hybrid has a very light blue tint on the housing. Notice the red bit on the inner tail light, those are rear fog lights.

5330_120968928346_661728346_2382886_6232870_n.jpg

MY10 Aurion Sportivo owners could always exchange their smoked clear taillights with the Thai Camry owners and give it a light smoke tint. :)

wow i really like the look of these!!,

would these fit on a ATX?

Cheers

I got sent brochures for the Update model and the previous model for comparison.

As far as the AT-X model goes , the update model has the following "extras" over the previous AT-X

16 inch alloy wheels

Chrome grille insert (whatever that means)

Seat back pockets (usefull for storing the Melways)

Driver and passenger vanity mirror illumination.

Bluetooth telephone handsfree system including steering wheel controls.

Bluetooth streaming audio system

3.5 mm aux audio unit ( to connect an ipod ?? )

Not a fan of the new rear lights........It seems a bit boy racer. :ph34r:

As for the subtle changes elsewhere, i am quite impressed.

I saw the adverts on AFL Grand final day for the Sportivo. Are the rims shown on the advert stock or are they an aftermarket Toyota part that can be included in the package. Only reason i bring this up is the pre release photos had different rims on.