Facelift aurion photos

kounterfeit

Do the new Sat-Nav units come with an AUX input and bluetooth audio streaming as well?

The wheels on the Sportivo in the TV ad are Toyota accessory Kappa 18 inch alloys. The standard Facelift Sportivo comes with 17 inch double 5 spoke alloys.

And no, the Sat Nav equiped Aurions miss out on the USB/Aux Input and bluetooth audio streaming which is stupid...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 18's on the ad suit the car nicely, this is what Toyota should have come up with standard. Ditch the 17's, add on another say $500 to the price of the vehicle and you have a nice sportivo standard on 18's........

I think the car would appeal to more people with just a subtle change.

This morning after much haggling with my local yard, I put a deposit down on the new Presara upgrade. The only available colors in stock and ready to go at present, are Sakana Silver with either dark grey interior or dark grey/grege interior, white with dark grey/grege and black with dark grey.

Artic Frost with dark grey in 3 weeks, quite a few others in November release.

My question to the salesman was, what colour is "grege"? His reply "I think some kind of light beige color, not sure". :angry:

They haven't got a clue what the real color scheme for the new interiors are.......just guessing. :whistling: Do any of you guys know what "grege" is ........beige, tan, caramel, brown, ivory???

I am interested in a Sakana with beige interior, or the white with beige, but at present the sale is held up, while I find out the correct colors. The new Toyota website, shows you nothing in the way of interiors, for the up market models!!

I would appreciate any info guys, or some snaps of the new interior colors. :rolleyes:

Thanks and Regards.................dixie.

Hi all,

If anyone is interested looking the new aurion and are around brisbane, there is one available at Sci-Flee Taringa.

It's a ZX6 model. I have placed a order one last saturday. It said to be picked up early Nov.

The price is the same as the old model.

My question to the salesman was, what colour is "grege"? His reply "I think some kind of light beige color, not sure". :angry:

They haven't got a clue what the real color scheme for the new interiors are.......just guessing. :whistling: Do any of you guys know what "grege" is ........beige, tan, caramel, brown, ivory???

This website still has the old pictures and details, but think it should give you an idea.

http://www.toyota-mideast.com/aurion/spec.html

Feel the grege :unsure:

This morning after much haggling with my local yard, I put a deposit down on the new Presara upgrade. The only available colors in stock and ready to go at present, are Sakana Silver with either dark grey interior or dark grey/grege interior, white with dark grey/grege and black with dark grey.

Artic Frost with dark grey in 3 weeks, quite a few others in November release.

I am interested in a Sakana with beige interior, or the white with beige, but at present the sale is held up, while I find out the correct colors. The new Toyota website, shows you nothing in the way of interiors, for the up market models!!

I would appreciate any info guys, or some snaps of the new interior colors. :rolleyes:

Thanks and Regards.................dixie.

Here are some pictures off the "Grege" Interior off a prefacelift model I grabbed quickly of the net. Note the upper half of this interior is the same colour as the dark grey trimed vehicle (Upper door trims and the dash panel etc...) and the lower half (seats, lower door trims) are in the "Grege".

The interior trim colours haven't changed with the facelift, just the names of the colours. It used to be called "Sandstone" on the prefacelift. The only difference in the interior colours of the facelift Presara is the wood grain has changed from the high gloss marbled finish to a satin finish linear pattern like the woodgrain in the Kluger Grande.

The name "Grege" was a genius idea from Toyota's marketing department that merges the words Grey & Beige as the colour is supposedly half way between the two.

IMO the Grege interior looks classy and really makes the cabin look light, airy and larger but can be a bugger to keep clean and shows up wear & tear more. The Dark Grey interior looks sportier, is easier to keep clean and hides wear more, but is a little more claustrophobic.

post-14947-1254440112_thumb.jpg

post-14947-1254440186_thumb.jpg

Dropped into Toyota @ Logan Rd, Mt Gravatt yesterday and had a squiz at the facelift Aurion. It was a Prodigy unfortunately as I was going to enquire about 'upgrading' my SX6 to see the differences. It was actually hidden around the back and I had to conduct an expedition B)

Overall, it still looks rather good, although the tail lights are a bit 'bulky'. Interior wise I couldn't see any difference, apart from having climate control instead of manual knobs.

Still interested in looking at a Sportivo, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled :ph34r:

IMO, that design is just plain wrong.. Half this and that.. Especially the steering wheel..It's like looking at a she-male :lol:

Edited by VF-X

For anyone here that hasn't had a look at the facelift Aurion in person, I thought I would stop by Toyota on my drive today and check one out.

Overall, my opinion is that the car somewhat 'feels' cheaper than the pre-facelift model. Sure the head and tail lights are kinda cool, but everything else just doesn't seem right. The interior looks a little more plastic than the pre-facelift and the 'leather wrapped' steering wheel feels cheap and tacky. I'm not sure it if was just that one, but I've felt fake leather feel more real than that before... even fake leather steering wheel covers have felt better.

The front grill as well also seems to be more plastic than the previous model. You can clearly see in the photo below that it just looks lighter. While on the front end, the number plate holder seems a little oversized.

I'm also not sure if this was an option for this model or whether it comes this way, but the stock stereo isn't as neat as the previous model's. It's a decent stereo, just doesn't have that fit.

Last little thing I noticed was the rear parcel shelf is now carpeted. Once again, not sure if it's a ZR6 thing or not.

dsc05246l.jpg

dsc05248.jpg

dsc05249h.jpg

dsc05250g.jpg

dsc05251k.jpg

dsc05253j.jpg

dsc05254.jpg

dsc05256d.jpg

dsc05257d.jpg

dsc05259o.jpg

A few good changes, but plenty of rather cheap ones too.

I like the new dash cluster for readability, though the previous type did look a bit special despite it's inherent flaw. The carpeted parcel shelf looks neat actually, might even be alot less prone to rattling like the previous type.

Everything else though.. GAH! Badges on the front guard look gaudy and out of place. Not a fan in the slightest of the taillights, you'd be forgiven for thinking you were following a Hybrid or something run on electricity. The new radio is obviously something made cheaply and simply using the Toyota fitting kit to try and make it fit in - it looks like a cheap piece of aftermarket junks been fitted.

Also that front grill looks very fragile, I can see them easily breaking.

Time will tell whether these grow on us or not. Whats that part on the parcel shelf? looks like a blind or something.

OMG what have they done!!!

Don't mind the front bar. Tail lights look terrible. YUK.

Aurion Badge is out of place. Doors look plain without bump mouldings.

Stereo - What can i say. Thats the biggest step backward on the facelift. What were they thinking!! Ok it has a colour screen (from what i can tell in the photos), but it looks like a cheap aftermarket addon. The Auspack unit, looks way better.

Whats that part on the parcel shelf? looks like a blind or something.

Yup. The ZR6 has the rear blind. I swear this was a Presara only option for the pre-facelift.

DJKOR, nice photo post, I was too busy about the looking at the car. forgot about taking photos.

agreed with you on the stock audio system don't quite fit, that's the only think I don't like about that car. but it's easy enough to get one on ebay. it's going to be one of the first thing on the list when I get my new car.

From I know, the New Facelift ZR6 come with additional following

- Reverse camera, that's why clearance sonars is now only 2 for front & rear.

- The audio system with usb port for play mp3 of a usb stick.

- Auto-tilt for exterior mirror on reverse

- Rain sensing wipers

- Driver's seat memory linking to different key entry.

- Rear power shunshade

Edited by magicastle

I like the new dash cluster for readability, though the previous type did look a bit special despite it's inherent flaw.

When I went inside to ask for the keys, the staff there looked a little puzzled when I said I wanted to see the dash.

I must say, the dash is clearer to read thanks to the markings on it and better contrast. That said, I am still a fan of the pre-facelift dash. I think mainly because it is a little more 'colourful' (though probably gimmicky) but still looks more unique.

agreed with you on the stock audio system don't quite fit, that's the only think I don't like about that car. but it's easy enough to get one on ebay. it's going to be one of the first thing on the list when I get my new car.

At least it makes it easy for those that want to put in a double DIN head unit.

- Rain sensing wipers

Yeah, I noticed the sensor for that there. Not something I'd use, but it's an addition nevertheless.

The only addition I can see on the facelift is that it's easier to put a standard double din in place of the stock stereo now and it would look....somewhat right... considering the facia looks similar to the corolla series' now.

but yeah other than that, i don't think it's too bad, the rear lights take some adjustment to. but other than that, everything else exterior would be transplanted from my current ZR6 (rims etc) :)

Nice pics Daryl...i like the carpet on the rear parcel shelf instead of just creaky plastic.Also the air intake looks to be a little more open or am i just seeing things?

p.s those tailights don't seem to suit the Aurion rear,they look similar to the Subaru lights. :blink:

Nice pics Daryl...i like the carpet on the rear parcel shelf instead of just creaky plastic.

Speaking of which, I pushed on the dash a little and it didn't creak as much as mine. I'm guessing they finally got on top of it, even if it's just a minor fix.

Also the air intake looks to be a little more open or am i just seeing things?

Same size. I had a good look around the engine bay for any subtle changes and couldn't see anything out of the ordinary.

p.s those tailights don't seem to suit the Aurion rear,they look similar to the Subaru lights. :blink:

You know... now that I look at it again, they kinda do.

I've always though they look similar to the new Mazda tail lights. Seems to be evidence of copying trends.