Shocks Worn Out

BlackRolla

I know this has probably been coverred before but I wanna get some feedback from some new members as well who have changed their shocks.

My shocks are gone after only 3 months after lowering it and I need some info on which shocks I should get and how much it would cost me.

Also what else should I look out for and is their anything else I should include with the suspension setup other than shocks as I already have lowerred springs.

Thanks in advance. :)

Gone in 3 months? What did u do to it man.

Koni is a good one. U can try D2 coilover, Drummond coilover or HotBit coilover.

For Japanese exotic suspension, Cusco Zero 2, guaranteed to make ur car corner, as if it was on train rails.

My shocks have gone to lunch and failed to return leaving me with a nice floating lounge chair style ride. I'd go with the Koni's - quality, performance and reasonably priced. Paying heaps for the exotic Jap tuner brands is just a waste of money and could be put towards other suspension mods.

Yeah I was thinking Koni's as well or TEIN. Anyone know how much for a set? Also where is a good place that I can get them for a good price? I'm also think of going on holidays to Hong Kong and Thailand. Does anyone know if I could get a set over there? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah I was thinking Koni's as well or TEIN. Anyone know how much for a set? Also where is a good place that I can get them for a good price? I'm also think of going on holidays to Hong Kong and Thailand. Does anyone know if I could get a set over there? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

yes to HK and yes to Thailand. there are a better selection of parts out there at much better prices.

yes to HK and yes to Thailand. there are a better selection of parts out there at much better prices.

hhmmm....Sounds good. I might have to wait till i go there. What other brands should I look out for there? I have no idea about these things.

Just wanna ask another quick question...The knocking noise when i'm braking, is that because my shocks are gone? I was told it could be leaking and and the fluids get into the brake pads or something like that causing the knock.

hey guys...

Today my shocks have also gone jst after about 6-7 months of lowering it...

it seems like only front right is gone at the moment...

At the moment while im looking for new shocks..is it bad to drive the car..or could it affect anything in anyway?

Also i'd like to ask anyone who has change their shocks...how much did it set you back and any feedback n advice in wats best to do now....

Wow how much are you guys dropping your cars on stock shocks? Your shocks seem to die pretty quick 

I'm also surprised it failed quickly as well. I thought it would last at least 6 months. I also had a feeling it was gone before I lowerred it because I was hearing a swooshing noise when it goes over a bump. Toyota had a look and said nothing was wrong. :angry:

Ok, this may be a dumb question but I'm a little confused with coilovers..

Is a coilover the shock and the lowered spring in one assembly?

I'm also confused over this as well. Can someone explain what coilovers are?

most of the time when people say coilovers they refer to these

hks_coilovers_hmd2_b856.jpg

if i'm not wrong, the term was actually meant to mean coil springs that coil around the damper strut on any suspension.

but these days it seems to mean the combination of a race shock and coil in one unit.

hahaha!

shao! surprised to see them put the cable ties in there!!

personally, i've got KONI.... as most other ppls that get aftermarket ones.

they are GREAT... but then for the definition of the best one, it'll depend on personal taste.

speak to "Shadow" if you want to know about TRD Sportivo ones, he just had a set installed.

CUSCO rocks.... $$ involved... speak to MAP-81 he'll tell you how his ones are~ ;)

personally.... see what you want to do with your car, then decide. ;)

as for lowering on stock shocks.... not at all suprised that they're stuffed so soon... :D

they were never made to be lowered... ;)

Go for the KONI's, they are adjustable and rebuildable. Other shocks to check out are Bilsteins.

For more links in this forum in regards to shocks, please follow this link:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=87bae9f2da93965d624d1099082fb778&search_in=posts&result_type=topics&highlite=koni

Easy as search!

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=0316ba4630cf9ae4e2a59a6d5ba5eb0b&search_in=posts&result_type=topics&highlite=suspension

Edited by sport1vo

if you buy from overseas just remember that when you bring the goods back you might not have the support from the local distributor for warranty as you cut then by purchasing offshore.

also in some countries they are not allowed to sell products for a different market so in thailand for example you could only get the altis products which the americans adore.

as for us we should be going for runx.

those cable ties i guess are for the abs wire. another thing to check when buying overseas is that the goods there also accomodate for the abs also the front sway bar. also to think about bringing back they are quite heavy.

the thing danz said about driving on rails it is really like that.

Hi all,

This is my first post! :D

Gotta say that i'm loving my TRD Suspension! It increased the handling ability and yet didn't sacrifice on ride quality!!

I've ridden in and driven a rolla with Kings and Konis, so i can compare the ride. The Kings and Konis work well if you drive hard most of the time and want to take corners fast, but you sacrifice some ride quality.

The TRD's on the other hand make everything feel a hell of a lot firmer but still feel smooth and comfortable enough for everyday driving.

I'll post some pics of the shocks and springs if anyones interested...

Edited by Shadow