Insurance. How much are you paying?

rank1

Just got my Kluger grande and I have not decided on an insurer yet.

can you guys tell me what model and year you own, who insures your car and what you pay a year?

Cheers.

Paying $620 with CGU, low Km ,nominated Driver insurance

I think I'm paying around the $800 mark for RACQ. I plan to switch to QBE next renewal as they offer 4 year new car replacement for a write off compared with 2 for RACQ and my vehicle will be getting near that age next year.

The thing to remember about comparing insurance is there are a lot of factors that influence your rate such as garaging suburb, if you park on the street or a secured location, driving history, etc.

Paying NRMA 2k.. Aurion ZR6 with extra protection on windshields...

It's hella rip off being under 25... =(

Edited by VF-X

I'm under 25 and I paid $2300 for just car insurance........09 Kluger KX-S

ouch

$670 in brisbane metro with NRMA, over 30's drivers only, garaged, full no claims bonus. 08 KXS AWD

it was actually the same insurance cost for a commodore wagon SS-V which is crazy as thats a V8. I drove the kluger first then went for a drive in the SS-V. Difference in overall quality was noticeable straight away.

Pity the Kluger doesnt come in a V8 though. I would of bought the territory if they had a V8 version.....

I'm under 25 and I paid $2300 for just car insurance........09 Kluger KX-S

ouch

$670 in brisbane metro with NRMA, over 30's drivers only, garaged, full no claims bonus. 08 KXS AWD

it was actually the same insurance cost for a commodore wagon SS-V which is crazy as thats a V8. I drove the kluger first then went for a drive in the SS-V. Difference in overall quality was noticeable straight away.

Pity the Kluger doesnt come in a V8 though. I would of bought the territory if they had a V8 version.....

Paying $480 per yr for 2009 kxr 2wd thru mutual community. low km nominated driver in adelaide

Hi,

Paying $518.03 fully comprehensive (includes 5% multi policy disc and over 30 nominated drivers) on a 2008 Grande. Living in Maroochydore Sunshine Coast QLD.

Insurer = Budget Direct

Picking up new KXR 7 seater 2wd tomorrow, YAAHHH!!!

got insurance quotes today:

Garaged in Rowville, Melbourne - good suburb.

over 30 drivers.

finance on venicle.

market value - $42,000.

New vehicle replacement for two years.

basic excess.

RACV - $790

AAMI - $862 (agreed value - $44K)

YOUI - $540!! (1 year new vehicle replacement)

Decided to go with RACV as they are reputable and have been with them before, despite YOUI being the cheapest.

I believe that YOUI are owned by a large company and are a big insurance name in South Africa?? (according to the guy from YOUI), but stuck with RACV.

1 more sleep!!!

Around $600 a yr, hang on, you have the car and have no insurance?????????????!!!??

I use an insurance broker and have a cover note on it. They have given me a quote of around $800 through Lumley (Wesfarmers) insurance. I am not sure they are finding me the best deal and I am considering giving them the flick altogether and organising my own insurance, especially if it is going to be cheaper.

I did three online quotes today in readiness for the new purchase.

Here in Vic, KX-R 2WD 7str with several options (both drivers over 30 and no previous claims/accidents)::

Full Comprehensive

RACV - $710 (inc silver membership price) $780 without

BUDGET DIRECT - $750

AAMI - $880

When I was at the dealership on the weekend they told me about the Toyota Insurance option.

They gave me a quote there and then and it was $1100.

I said I'd previously looked online and RACV could do it for $710.

He couldn't believe it was that far under $1K....and said go with RACV.

Horses for courses.

Edited by Dave L

• 2 weeks later...
Just got my Kluger grande and I have not decided on an insurer yet.

can you guys tell me what model and year you own, who insures your car and what you pay a year?

Cheers.

Interesting variation in costs. Just looked up our charge and it is $511.94 which covers March 2009 until March 2010.

We are with RAA Insurance in Adelaide and have several other insurances with them as well. This has the benefit of reducing

the premiums. We have a 2007 Grande 2WD.

My KX-R AWD 7 seater just under two years old. I'm buying out the fully maintained Novated lease Kluger. So I had to get me a quote.

RACV

Full comphensive

No driver under 25

$550 excess

No previous accident history (touch wood now)

No finance

Silver Card Member

and Multiple, Muliple policy discounts.

Garaged in Regional Vic

Full 360deg window replacment cover

Market Value as thats what I'm paying (or less) re lease residue payout.

$471 and I'm happy with that.

Edited by fish475

• 3 weeks later...
Im with HBA $6xx with, 2WD Kluger altitude down in Melbourne.

$600 in monthly payments in Melbourne with AAMI.

Isn't it a pointless thread when you cannot compare age, suburb and insuring amount.

Or it is a ****** game contest. RMFO

I would advice to requote insurance every 6 months and NEVER renew your insurance. Take another policy and let the old one expire.

Easiest thing to do is do all the online quotes. Easy and you can compare the prices/cover straight away.

I went with AAMI cause it was the cheapest. I have house and contents and another car insured with GIO, but they wouldnt come to the party and match the AAMI price. There loss.

We just puchased our second Kluger (this one is 12mths old) and got some online quotes from RACV (Melb) before purchasing the vehicle. The quotes were quite surprising:

Driver #1: 40 male 22 yrs exp

Driver #2: 38 female 20 yrs exp

Market value

Private use

RACV Silver member

Long term insurer with RACV

No claims last 5 years

Rating #1

Glen Waverley

No finance

2007 KXR FWD $870

2008 KXR FWD $573

2009 KXR FWD $620

2006 KXR AWD $804

2007 KXR AWD $897

2008 KXR AWD $780

2009 KXR AWD $845

Insurance on the first 2 years receives a discount (apparently).

AWDs are more expensive to insure the FWDs (based on the above numbers).

Premiums vary based on the collective claims history for that year/model.

Its currently best to own/insure a 2008 Kluger FWD or AWD.

And lastly, we currently pay $470 (not $573) for our 2008 KXR FWD Kluger purchased Nov 2008 and renewed for 12 mths in April 2009. As hard as I try they won't insure another 2008 Kluger FWD for the same price. So I bought an AWD!!!