knock in the top end of motor, 800km 1 week old

Now this sportivo is really giving me the s***s at 800km.

Last night i went to warm it up b4 i cruised to my gfs place. I let it idle n got out of my car to have a look at it with driving lights on at night. I imediately noticed a knocking sound. I popped the bonet and checkd for any loose engine covers n parts but everthing seemed tight. After a few minutes of listening i concluded that the sound was coming from the inside top end of my motor. Just so it wasnt a warm up issue i listened to it after driving for 30 min and it was still there. Now im not sure if it has been there the whole time cuz i havent had the car idle while i wasnt in the car. I dont get y its having so many issue for a new car, n i have been driving it like a baby.

Last time I buy a Toyota, 345 000km on my old Honda and not 1 issue.

Now this sportivo is really giving me the s***s at 800km. 

Last night i went to warm it up b4 i cruised to my gfs place.  I let it idle n got out of my car to have a look at it with driving lights on at night.  I imediately noticed a knocking sound.  I popped the bonet and checkd for any loose engine covers n parts but everthing seemed tight.  After a few minutes of listening i concluded that the sound was coming from the inside top end of my motor.  Just so it wasnt a warm up issue i listened to it after driving for 30 min and it was still there.  Now im not sure if it has been there the whole time cuz i havent had the car idle while i wasnt in the car.  I dont get y its having so many issue for a new car, n i have been driving it like a baby.

Last time I buy a Toyota, 345 000km on my old Honda and not 1 issue.

Rather than your GF's man, I'd stop by your local Toyota dealer for a looksie...

how loud is this "knocking"? just so u know, timing chains make more noise when idling. that's y i am asking if u could describe the noise in detail.

could u also list out all the issues u are having?

I agree with Azza, don't waste time and take the car back to your dealer. The first 2000 kms you need to take it easy running in the motor.

hi there mate i have had the same thing its ok nothing wrong with your car .. when you car is underload ie light or air con the idle will drop.. and this was our problem .. they just bumped the idle up a 100 rpm prolbem solved cheers jason and enjoy your new sportivo .. :D

I've had this problem in the early stages. if u sitting in the drivers side u'll hear it on the left of the engine bay. This has now since disappeared and nothing was done to it. If U are really concerned take it back and let them have a look but I wouldn't worry too much with it. We all had this issue at some stage but it is not an issue anymore.

My guess is the air was switched on which lowers your idle a bit and causes a rattling noise. My car does it as well and has 38 000 km on it.

My guess is the air was switched on which lowers your idle a bit and causes a rattling noise. My car does it as well and has 38 000 km on it.

Yup... i have something similar... its not that bad though.. really...

Air con was off. I dunno Im sort of over worrying about it. I have warranty, the car is new, i always warm it up and drive it in a proper manner. So whatever is wrong with it Toyota has to fix it, fix it, fix it and fix it again untill im happy otherwise i'll call up consumer affairs n take em to court.

By the way Rolla Boy, thats a mad ride

Edited by ZAV