GWM Chinese made utes arrive in Australia

Graet-Wall-Motors1_m_m.jpg

Great Wall Motors V240 4WD ute

Great-Wall-Motors2_m_m.jpg

Great Wall Motors SA220 ute

Drive.com Article: GWM Chinese made utes arrive in Australia

I reckon it looks ugly..

although the selling price is the main thing about this car IMO HILUX rapes this car..

What do you guys think???

There's potential here... but they need massive change..

Anyone know about Quality/Safety ratings?

Edited by envykenshin

Speaking of which, I was meant to post a pic up from last week.

post-2797-1257090341_thumb.jpg

Saw one of them on the road behind a trailer but wasn't sure what car it was.. GREAT WALL caught my attention and I assume it'd have to be one of these china made cars everyone been speculating about :P

tbh alot of cars in China also roll off probably from the same production line, i cant vouch for their quality just yet but if the respective global car manufacturers felt safe enough to let the Chinese factories to pump out their cars with their badges and reputations on the line i guess they cant be that bad mate...

now they really should improve the looks department...

So why does oz still import those kind of car which insurance wont touch them?

I personally wont touch them at all. Life is priceless.

also...please no another stupid decision to import the TATA nano.....car made by paper.

tbh alot of cars in China also roll off probably from the same production line, i cant vouch for their quality just yet but if the respective global car manufacturers felt safe enough to let the Chinese factories to pump out their cars with their badges and reputations on the line i guess they cant be that bad mate...

now they really should improve the looks department...

Quality, everything is built to a price. The safety is in the engineering, the cost is also hidden in the engineering. Just because a factory in China makes a Merc doesn't mean a similar factory down the road that makes a Great Wall will have designed it to the same standard.

wat if is from the same factory? alot of chinese car manufacturers also produces euro/japanese branded cars too...

http://www.chinacarforums.com/chinese_car_manufacturers.html is just a link with some details on each brand and you can see some are also contracted to manufacture euro/japanese cars too...

anyway each to their own, you can bag it as much as you want its the same thing when the the same lot bagged the japanese manufacturers then the koreans...

yeh i know for a fact that many motor companies get parts made from chinese car parts manufacturers...

They may have good cars.. bcos' of the tech transfer/knowledge transfer from Joint Ventures over the years...

The point is - NOT to diss the car cos' its from China... since that's just personal opinion.

instead what needs to be looked at is things like: (like some people mentioned already)

1. QUALITY

2. SAFETY

3. DURABILITY

4. LOOKS

[not in any particular order]

in my personal experience, i have been to China once.

Audi A6L...which is very expensive and safe car in the world is their civic car in China.

Why? because it made in China totally.

Every 6 out of 10 Taxi in China is Audi A6L and i have also sitting inside few times.

The interier is crap....probably worse than a Hyundai Excel.

I would rather buy myself a Japanese made honda or toyota better than that.

BTW, if the cars from the same factory means the same quality or safety, Where the hell are those Youtube Chinese car crash test come from? Not even got 1 star of NCAP

Edited by 38TRY

Audi A6L...which is very expensive and safe car in the world is their civic car in China.

Why? because it made in China totally.

Every 6 out of 10 Taxi in China is Audi A6L and i have also sitting inside few times.

The interier is crap....probably worse than a Hyundai Excel.

I would rather buy myself a Japanese made honda or toyota better than that.

BTW, if the cars from the same factory means the same quality or safety, Where the hell are those Youtube Chinese car crash test come from? Not even got 1 star of NCAP

you probably fine all the australian taxi's interior are very wore down too so i dont know wat sort of comparison you making there? their taxis are all runs on LPG even more so environment friendly than the aussies ones to a degree. They also have mandatory 8 year life span for all new cars regardless of their make, so after 8 years it has to be off the road...

i also sat in Chinese factory spec Toyota Crown and Hondas Accord both ofcoz more quieter than the equivalent Aurion, oh by the way dont know which city you went to but the taxis i mostly saw are VW Boras and their doors doesnt fall off but they sure do need some much needed professional detailing...

if you compare the pricing point of the cars you probably will figure out why, not saying Chinese car are safer than your mainstream vehicles... if you want to ride in a unsafe vehicle try Proton Wira and the older ones they will make you value life every single min...

as i also recall Daewoo, Kia and Hyundais copped the same thing too when they 1st started out so i cant see why the Chinese couldnt improve their products in each generation...

oh yes last point Aurion failed to get full 5 stars and the Falcon did so go figure that one out too...

oh yes last point Aurion failed to get full 5 stars and the Falcon did so go figure that one out too...

the reason the aurion didnt get 5 stars is because toyota refused to spend millions to get results on paper to create publicity. ancap tests are flawed, and what happens in a simulated situation it not necessarily going to happen in reality. to be honest, i'd trust my life more with a toyota than a falcon

it isnt a be all and end all guide for cars

Okay, there is nothing worth to fight to

Hope the Chinese car maker can make some quality, safe, reliable cars in the future like what Hyundai does.

But obviously their car is crap now...crap like the 90s Hyundai which i wont buy it at all. (no one argue for that? good)

The main reason why car lovers dont like those car makers from China and Korea is because they copy a lot from Japanese/USA/Euro. Exp: exterior, interior, engine etc.

Hope they can change and develop 100% their own product sometime.

okay okay....PEACE no word fighting

All the above opinions are representing our view to their car.

Honestly speaking, few decades ago most people thought Japanese car crap as well. (some european car lovers still think so now.) But things change.

`

we will see in the future for the development of Chinese car maker. At last they are the biggest car market in the world now.

how would you know? if the price and quality is right i dont see why not...

i see ppl drive around in a jumbuck and yet all the car jounos bags it like there is no tomorrow...

I always wonder why people get those jumbucks tbh. they look like crap and prob drive like crap. That why you can count the jumbucks you spot on the road with ONE hand. The great wall aint much better. You seem like a big fan of these china made vehicle so I guess we will wait for your review once you get one of these and hit the road with it.

I might be less skeptical if they come out with something that looks abit better and have the safety and built quality to back them up.

how would you know? if the price and quality is right i dont see why not...

i see ppl drive around in a jumbuck and yet all the car jounos bags it like there is no tomorrow...

I always wonder why people get those jumbucks tbh. they look like crap and prob drive like crap. That why you can count the jumbucks you spot on the road with ONE hand. The great wall aint much better. You seem like a big fan of these china made vehicle so I guess we will wait for your review once you get one of these and hit the road with it.

I might be less skeptical if they come out with something that looks abit better and have the safety and built quality to back them up.

tbh doesnt matter if you could count jumbucks with one hand, people buy those for a particular need and if the jumbuck fulfils it then case is closed...

but you most of you all seem to discount what the chinese factories could produce quality products, like i previous said sat and drove chinese made japanese cars and they are no different than wat you get in australia, they might use lesser quality materials for their local brand but they are also priced at least 30% less than the equivalent japanese/euro cars to attract other buyers much like the Koreans started 15 years ago and the Japanese several decades back...

i never had a chance to ride or drive in one of those better local chinese brand car so i cant comment on actual quality and handling but i they are trying hard with their steep learning curve and some of their products isnt a bad looker compared to wat some of the Yanks could come up with atm...

ofcoz for the GWM they could do much better on the nose and probably everything and lets be honest the Corolla isnt the most handsome car by any stretch within their market segment and lastly the Aurion too without the TRD kit...(Imho) :whistling:

Edited by Speedz