MW's Aurion Sportivo ZR6

michaelweare

Hi Guys

I've been around here since early June this year when I bought my Silver Ash ZR6, but I've been waiting for a few mods to get some latest pics up.

Since I bought the car I've made the following mods :

- 19x8 Advanti Gauntlet wheels (+45 offset) with 245/35 tyres

- King Springs (still waiting for them to settle)

- Supercat Exhaust with 4 inch double wall tips

- Eyelids

- Thai Sports grill with silver mesh

- Silver mesh lower front grill

- Slimline weathershields

- Number Plate light LEDs

- Dark window tint

- Toyota Floor Mats

- Eclipse AVN726EA Head Unit

- Eclipse EA4200 4-channel amp

- Eclipse SC6900 Splits Up Front

- Eclipse SC6900 Splits Rear

- Eclipse BC-106 Rear Camera

- Eclipse iPod Interface Cable

- Dynamat in front doors and rear parcel shelf

- Electrchromatic self dimming interior mirror with HomeLink (Dimming works. HomeLink does not as it uses US frequencies)

- White LED door and interior lights

Some of the things I'm thinking of still doing are :

- Eclipse XA1200 monoblock amp

- Eclipse SW6210 subwoofer in custom boot enclosure

- Somehow convert HomeLink US frequencies to Aus to use mirror buttons

- LED footwell lighting

- LED door handle lighting

- LED Parkers

- LED Daytime Running Lights (would look cool)

- Maybe HIDs

- Maybe Front Strut Brace

All in all I'm rapped in this car. It goes really well and is good on the juice. My little boy (5 year old) calls it the "Fast Car".

Enjoy

Michael

p1000041.jpg

p10000402.jpg

p10000422.jpg

p1000043.jpg

p10000442.jpg

p10000452.jpg

Edited by michaelweare

car looks awesome mate. love the wheels and sits great! the back wont go down any lower but over the next few weeks the front will come down about 10mm more. Personally id colourcode your eyelids and do the mesh in black but thats just me

hope to see u out tonight mate

Edited by ELEGNT

Thanks all for the comments...it's good fun to watch the changes, and especially learn from everyone on these forums. There are a lot of you who have inspired and directly added to my decisions, etc.

p.s Love those 4" tips...what brand are they and are they stainless?

Sure are Lee. They're the same as your tips (minus the mufflers). Zetti double wall angled stainless. My exhaust change costs were mostly the tips, but well worth it.

car looks awesome mate. love the wheels and sits great! the back wont go down any lower but over the next few weeks the front will come down about 10mm more. Personally id colourcode your eyelids and do the mesh in black but thats just me

hope to see u out tonight mate

Thanks Rowan, good to hear about the front as it still looks a bit high. Will probably look at eyelid, grill colour code combo sometime. Maybe might get one of the photoshop dudes on the forums to see if they can show me what it might look like.

Will be out tonight.

Cheers Michael

awesome aurion, man. Love it. 4 inch exhaust, is it loud?

Nah..only the tips are 4 inches. The rest of the system from where the exhaust splits was replaced.

I initially had 2 barrel mufflers put on, but it droned way too much inside the car. Had them swapped out for some oval jobbies which sound nice in my opinion. Still have the central resonator and cats.

Not too loud but a nice growl. Sounds sweeter the higher the revs.

Great looking car with alot of effort, money n time put in for the end result...

BTW, some pics of the head unit will be appreciated :)

Thanks for the comments...

I put a post up about the headunit in July. You can see it here :

New Eclipse AVN726EA in my Aurion, Eclipse AVN726EA setup

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

SO here she is then Michael? the Gauntlets look even better on silver ash then i thought they would, she has really come up well very nice indeed. Not coming to Tas any time soon are you lol? not exactly tonnes of done up Aurions kicking about here. Body stripe looks the goods to shes a real looker. I'll PM you about some smaller details. But good work!

• 10 months later...

Well this update is a bit of a mixed one, as I now no longer have my fantastic silver Aurion Sportivo ZR6. Its' mixed cause I don't have it and I do miss it, but also as I am now the owner of a Ford (sorry for swearing on these forums) G6E Turbo, and I have found power like I haven't experienced in a car before (not even my previous VY 5.7 litre260 kW HSV Clubsport).

I can partly blame Ash for this from when he bought his XR6 Turbo a little while back, and I kinda got thinking. :spiteful:

The car is brand new and is now a week old. It is a darker blue (Sensation in Ford speak) than Ash's car and is standard, but man does it go. I opted for the G6ET as opposed to the XR6T as being 41 now had to join the cardigan brigade (as they are called on the Ford forums). This is an impressive Q-car.

As good as it goes, there are things the Aurion walks all over it. Things like Keyless entry and smart start (leaving the key in pocket), electric passenger seat, front parking sensors, projector headlamps, etc. Build is really good and it is dead quiet inside (except when you floor it and it sounds great).

Haven't got any photos of it yet as the weather has been crap, but it looks like most of the blue ones at Google Images'

Anyway was a fun ride, but now time to move on. I haven't been to a meet in a while, but will try to get along sometime to say g'day anyway. Still have my Prado so could still legitimately be called a Toyota owner.

Will be putting up some for sale posts soon to sell my exhaust system, Eclipse nav system, speakers, sport grill, etc. Had to make the car standard (apart from wheels and springs) to trade in.

Aurion was up on Bryan Byrt Ford and carsales website till the other day, so may have sold already. Would have been a good buy for someone with only 24,000 km on the clock.

Cheers

Michael

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

welcome to the real car club!! :D

and by real car, i mean you know its real cause it keeps breaking down... :lol: :P

nah seriously though, congrats... we will have to talk "future mods" next time you come out mate. :)

Well this update is a bit of a mixed one, as I now no longer have my fantastic silver Aurion Sportivo ZR6. Its' mixed cause I don't have it and I do miss it, but also as I am now the owner of a Ford (sorry for swearing on these forums) G6E Turbo, and I have found power like I haven't experienced in a car before (not even my previous VY 5.7 litre260 kW HSV Clubsport).

I can partly blame Ash for this from when he bought his XR6 Turbo a little while back, and I kinda got thinking. :spiteful:

The car is brand new and is now a week old. It is a darker blue (Sensation in Ford speak) than Ash's car and is standard, but man does it go. I opted for the G6ET as opposed to the XR6T as being 41 now had to join the cardigan brigade (as they are called on the Ford forums). This is an impressive Q-car.

As good as it goes, there are things the Aurion walks all over it. Things like Keyless entry and smart start (leaving the key in pocket), electric passenger seat, front parking sensors, projector headlamps, etc. Build is really good and it is dead quiet inside (except when you floor it and it sounds great).

Haven't got any photos of it yet as the weather has been crap, but it looks like most of the blue ones at Google Images'

Anyway was a fun ride, but now time to move on. I haven't been to a meet in a while, but will try to get along sometime to say g'day anyway. Still have my Prado so could still legitimately be called a Toyota owner.

Will be putting up some for sale posts soon to sell my exhaust system, Eclipse nav system, speakers, sport grill, etc. Had to make the car standard (apart from wheels and springs) to trade in.

Aurion was up on Bryan Byrt Ford and carsales website till the other day, so may have sold already. Would have been a good buy for someone with only 24,000 km on the clock.

Cheers

Michael

Damn that car was nice. Did you by any chance take the weathershields and floor mats off?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

welcome to the real car club!! :D

and by real car, i mean you know its real cause it keeps breaking down... :lol: :P

nah seriously though, congrats... we will have to talk "future mods" next time you come out mate. :)

Real MEN don't drive XR6T or G6ET. They drive F6 or GTE :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful:

Edited by A Buff Hamster