R.I.P Sketra *cries*

sketra

I can't even drive 5 mins down the road b4 she even over heats, im pretty sure the head is gone and i cant pay anything to get it fixed so this will most properly be the end of sketra.... R.I.P gurl :( You will be missed :(

Hang on boys i think mum really want make sure she get out of intensive care and back to full health. And the evo bonnet does help but not enough and being a black car she is just not coaping... she has done 230,000km's and i dont think she has EVER seen a proper service b4 i got her.

I'll bet the radiator is blocked. Will need the top tank removed and a rod pushed through all the cores to unblock it. Costs about $80 to get done if you take the radiator to the radiator shop. In my experience a 20 year old corolla with "good" service history usually has a radiator that is 40-60% blocked due to people using normal water and green coolant in the system instead of distilled water and genuine toyota red coolant.

HMM, aaah and service was done by me, just doing the oil, sparks n that..... meh.... well i flushed the radiator and she flows fine, can feel all the water going through when i put my hand on it... MEH ill sort it out sooner or later

water will still flow through just a few of the cores, it's efficiency will be garbage though with all the blocked cores though and it wont be able to effectively cool the engine, causing it to overheat and blow things like the headgasket etc.

The waterpump is probably leaking past the seal and out the inspection hole. The pump would still be spinning though and circulating water through the system. If your coolant is white, I wouldn't be suprised if the headgasket is blown.

Pump is easy to change while the head is off, aftermarket pump (front housing and gasket) is about $60-90. Genuine pump is $120-150 including rear housing and block o-ring.

Your whole cooling system is probably filled with crud. Flush the block and heater core, take the radiator to be serviced, replace the waterpump and thermostat, fill with genuine coolant.

as i said before the oil is clean and so is the water....

well what colour was the coolant BEFORE you flushed it out? Obviously it'd be sort of clean now because you've flushed it out.

Perhaps showing an engine bay pic, radiator pic (with the cap off), etc.

Edited by 11TWO

when i flushed it, it was clean and before hand it was a bit orange from driving in the north

There you go. Orange... yikes... Do what CHA45 recommended.

The waterpump is probably leaking past the seal and out the inspection hole. The pump would still be spinning though and circulating water through the system. If your coolant is white, I wouldn't be suprised if the headgasket is blown.

Pump is easy to change while the head is off, aftermarket pump (front housing and gasket) is about $60-90. Genuine pump is $120-150 including rear housing and block o-ring.

Your whole cooling system is probably filled with crud. Flush the block and heater core, take the radiator to be serviced, replace the waterpump and thermostat, fill with genuine coolant.

Edited by 11TWO