is my car lowered???

jade

ok... so this sounds pretty odd.... but please remember that i am of the female persuasion and thought this would be the best way to do some research about my car...

i bought my car second hand (only had 7,500km's) from a car dealership, it had what i thought were at the time standard springs and shocks in it.... now all of a sudden i am seeing a mass fleet everywhere i look of corollas with what can only be described as lift kits in them.... so i was wondering if someone can measure their car from the bottom of their headlight to the ground for me.... i wanna know just how "lowered" it is.... tried looking at the springs, they are just generic black with no writing on them.... leads me to beleive they are either standard, or sportivo springs....

thanks for your help guys.... might also help is someone can tell me what the stock height is too.. :)

jade

PS. please note that the pic in my avatar has been photoshopped.... this is not how my car sits (although, a girl can dream.... lol) :P

Edited by jade

Hi,

welcome! :D yay~ another girl! :D

anyway... the way the new rollas look is kinda like looking at a 4x4... but in actuall ride height i'm pretty sure that they're the same.

the way i look at it is that once the car has be thrown or driven around more, the height will 'settle' a bit in comparison to the brand new ones... but i could be wrong....

however, the best way is to go and measure them up! :D

or post a picture of your car 'unedited' then we can tell you if it is lowered... ;)

do you know if your car has the stock option 'sportivo' springs? coz them ones are slightly lower but not by a great deal. ;)

cheers!

btw... i'm not a gal... ^^"

haha~ if i sounded like one... then laugh at me then ppls that know me! :D

nice to know i made someone's day! :D

haha~

if someone doesnt mind measuring their car from the bottom of the headlight to the ground that would help me.... will measure mine when i get a chance....

thanks again....

ps, pippy, from your first post, i thought that you were a girl too... :rolleyes:

easy to answer this!

take your car and park it next to a corolla and check if your side mirror is the same height.

the ride height is about 38~39.5 cm all corners

from hub center to guard

easy to answer this!

take your car and park it next to a corolla and check if your side mirror is the same height.

the ride height is about 38~39.5 cm all corners

from hub center to guard

and since they're the #2 selling car in the world and #3 in australia... you shouldn't have a problem with finding one! because they are everywhereeee! :lol::lol::rolleyes: ;) B) :D :P