The Newest Member Needs Some Info

KoolMoeDee

Hi all

I have just joined the Aurion sensation as I purchased one of these babies on Tuesday through one of the government auctions (Got the Silver Ash ZR6). It was previously owned by NSW police and I must say I love the damn car. Out of the Commodore VE, Ford Falcon, Mitsubishi 380 and the Toyota Aurion I weighed up the features and engine and I must say I chose the Aurion from the lot. I previously had a Toyota Soarer which I love but I had to upgrade and the Aurion is a really great car.

Only yesterday I purchased a new head unit from Ebay from autome305 which should come next week sometime and I'm sure I will find DJKORs TUT useful for this so hopefully this all installs to perfection.

Anyway I got as couple of quick questions for all of you.

1. Is the Gear plate next to the auto transmission gear stick suppose to light up in the middle console (You know the letters P, R, D etc)?

2. Seeing as I got it from the auction, the Toyota Aurions have a 36 month (3 Year) Warranty on them. Now the car still has 6 months of this warranty left so is it worth checking out some things that can be fixed by Toyota at no extra charge to me?

Thanks Guys and Girls

KMD (KoolMoeDee)

Welcome mate. Hope you enjoy your Aurion as much as we all do.

1. Is the Gear plate next to the auto transmission gear stick suppose to light up in the middle console (You know the letters P, R, D etc)?

It sure does. Only when your parkers/headlights are on though.

2. Seeing as I got it from the auction, the Toyota Aurions have a 36 month (3 Year) Warranty on them. Now the car still has 6 months of this warranty left so is it worth checking out some things that can be fixed by Toyota at no extra charge to me?

Main issue you need to look into is the VVT-i oil line. If you have the old hose, this is a priority. Apart from that, there are the dash rattles and knocking sound from the intermediate shaft. Have a look at these threads to get more of an idea:

2GR-FE VVT-i Oil Line Replacement

Aurion intermediate shaft spline

Aurion recall/ warranty fixes

Welcome!

Get on to your local Toyota about warranty repairs as soon as possible!

Tell them you seem to have gear flare in 2nd and 3rd and they will update your gears ECU.

Empty the car (glovebox and compartments) and check a few things.

Accelerate softly. You may notice the switching of gears around 40km/h is unusually slow. Some people even notice gear flare.

Now turn AC full blast, recirculate, and directed to upper vent only. Check for rattles in centre air vent.

Once the car is cool enough, close windows and turn off radio.

Drive on a bumpy roads (the cement tye road full of road joints) and watch for squeaks from dashboard and rattles from glovebox.

Drive on a smooth but uneven road (to cut down road noise) like suburban roads. Watch for softer but more consistent rattles in areas like b-pillar.

Out of the Commodore VE, Ford Falcon, Mitsubishi 380 and the Toyota Aurion I weighed up the features and engine and I must say I chose the Aurion from the lot.

power, economy, and refinement

in that market ($20k 2yo large car) the engine is outstanding

to me, the competition is outclassed by the Aurion

comparing features, the Aurion wins hands down

8-way powered seat, adjustable head rests (5), curtain airbags...

they made NRMA look heavily biased giving the best large car (2006, 2007, 2009) prize to Aurion

Edited by tekkyy

Thanks Guys

I will be testing these points out ASAP (as soon as I get a day off). I spoke to lander Toyota and they said that if anything is wrong with it, it still gets fixed due to the warranty which is sweet.

For anyone that wanted to know I paid $22000 for the sexy ZR6 Aurion, no damage or anything beside a couple of very small scratches on the front bumper. Its even got a fire extinguisher in the back :)

KoolMoeDee (KMD)

Thanks Guys

I will be testing these points out ASAP (as soon as I get a day off). I spoke to lander Toyota and they said that if anything is wrong with it, it still gets fixed due to the warranty which is sweet.

For anyone that wanted to know I paid $22000 for the sexy ZR6 Aurion, no damage or anything beside a couple of very small scratches on the front bumper. Its even got a fire extinguisher in the back :)

KoolMoeDee (KMD)

when u start up the car, then turn on the fan/aircon and if you get an initial damp smell.. then u should replace the cabin filtre.

you can pick it up from auto-1 for about $30, toyota for $38 and probably cheapest on ebay.

also, get ur windows tinted, i did my for <$200.

so bit of improvement here and bit there, will make a big diff.

good luck.

when u start up the car, then turn on the fan/aircon and if you get an initial damp smell.. then u should replace the cabin filtre.

you can pick it up from auto-1 for about $30, toyota for $38 and probably cheapest on ebay.

The musty smell you get from the air conditioner is not caused by the filter. It's actually caused by bacteria on the evaporator when condensation forms on it.

Thanks Guys

KoolMoeDee (KMD)

also, get ur windows tinted, i did my for <$200.

so bit of improvement here and bit there, will make a big diff.

good luck.

Since my car was an ex-hire car, I don't know where its been, so when I pulled out my cabin filtre, it had leafs, small branches & the filtre had mold on it. Initially, I tried cleaning it & spraying Glen20, it improved abit. But after replacing the filtre the smell was gone. It may comeback, when the mold comes back.

KoolMoeDee, since yours is 2nd hand car, it maybe worthwhile to check it out anyway..

DJKOR made an earlier posting on hw to access the filter

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=4761

DJKOR made an earlier posting on hw to access the filter

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=4761

Wrong thread. This is the one I posted in:

Air Conditioner Smell

FWIW, the smell still does come from the A/C evaporator, it just happens that a clean pollen filter somehow masks up the mildew smell for a little while. This is possibly due to the clean smell of the filter itself (yes I sniffed the filter when I bought it).

The pollen filter sits between the outside air duct and the blower motor (about the height where the bottom of the red oval is in the attached photo). Air that is circulated from inside the car does not pass through this filter. The most that happens is that is blows across the underside (clean side) of the filter when re-circulated air enters the blower motor.

dsc05602o.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

So anyway, today I just got my car back from its 60000km service and I thought I might post the results. Now I told them a few problems that I wanted them to look into like the flaring, the oil hose and personally I felt there was a slight jolt/clunk when turning, accelerating or decelerating so I told them about this also. (maybe its just normal, but I'm sensitive when it comes to hearing and feeling things in the car).

Ok so these are the results....

1st Lander Toyota wanted $500+ for this service but I got them to match Terry Shields Toyota price of $337. (Pesking Things)

2nd The recall VVTI oil replacement hose was not done yet so they replaced this for me. This is covered under warranty.

3rd For the auto flaring between gears 2-3 (I was actually having this issue, happened about once or twice since I got the car). They are replacing the computer and giving me a new one. This is covered under warranty

4th As for the noise in the slight jolt/clunk noise I explained to them. They checked and adjusted it and they say its all ok. They also said that it may have something to do with the computer (Bull**** I think). What ever they did its covered by warranty.

5th They didnt even bother to record this service in the service book of the car (LAZY ****S).

6th I also had to get the passenger sun visor repaired because I accidentally snapped it off. This was not covered under warranty, even though I told them it just snapped off when my girlfriend flipped it down. So this set me back a whole $15. (I know only $15)

So that's all for now, when they get the parts in they will give me a buzz to get them fitted. Besides that the service was friendly and they changed the fluids. They also go over and check everything (although thats what they say and thats what it states on the invoice, they may not do jack !@#$)

Edited by KoolMoeDee

Hi all

So anyway, today I just got my car back from its 60000km service and I thought I might post the results. Now I told them a few problems that I wanted them to look into like the flaring, the oil hose and personally I felt there was a slight jolt/clunk when turning, accelerating or decelerating so I told them about this also. (maybe its just normal, but I'm sensitive when it comes to hearing and feeling things in the car).

Ok so these are the results....

1st Lander Toyota wanted $500+ for this service but I got them to match Terry Shields Toyota price of $337. (Pesking Things)

2nd The recall VVTI oil replacement hose was not done yet so they replaced this for me. This is covered under warranty.

3rd For the auto flaring between gears 2-3 (I was actually having this issue, happened about once or twice since I got the car). They are replacing the computer and giving me a new one. This is covered under warranty

4th As for the noise in the slight jolt/clunk noise I explained to them. They checked and adjusted it and they say its all ok. They also said that it may have something to do with the computer (Bull**** I think). What ever they did its covered by warranty.

5th They didnt even bother to record this service in the service book of the car (LAZY ****S).

6th I also had to get the passenger sun visor repaired because I accidentally snapped it off. This was not covered under warranty, even though I told them it just snapped off when my girlfriend flipped it down. So this set me back a whole $15. (I know only $15)

So that's all for now, when they get the parts in they will give me a buzz to get them fitted. Besides that the service was friendly and they changed the fluids. They also go over and check everything (although thats what they say and thats what it states on the invoice, they may not do jack !@#$)

2st, good to hear it got changed.

3rd, thats lucky of you to get the computer changed.

4th, the clunk noise would be your shaft, have a read of: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=23623

I'm getting mine replaced soon, I just called them up yesterday and the part has not arrived, this is a warranty job: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...st&p=372393

I'm guessing this is the noise your experiencing? If not disregard what I said.

Also check that you don't have an oil leak here: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=25724

Another user has one there same as mine, just a precautionary check for yourself to do everything before warranty finishes :)